New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

add another former tl owner to the new G35 list

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2007 | 07:07 PM
|
add another former tl owner to the new G35 list

i took off work last week to take care of some things on my way to get a new chair i stopped by the infiniti dealer to check out the new "G" with no intention on even test driving the car that nite i had the salesperson work on some #s and within in an hour i was out test driving the car the next hour i was taking everything out of my 04 silver tl sixspd, loaded for my new platinum graphite G35S sedan sixspd and could not be happier... the torque steer alone on the tl was reason enough for me to trade her in not only that but i kept having allingment problems so tires were a bitch!! also just got the windows tinted thursday, and was looking forward to the ride to skyline drive with the other "G" and 350 owners ohh well that will give me time to get those breakin miles out of the way
JJay

Old 04-14-2007 | 07:15 PM
jjaywill,
Congrats on your new car. I, too have a platinum graphite 6MT and am beginning to really appreciate how great a car this is. Mine his 3,800 miles. It's taken me some time to get used to the clutch/throttle - my former car was a '97 Maxima 5 sp. The new G is really growing on me. I clay barred and waxed it today.

Old 04-14-2007 | 07:23 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Congrats, JJayWill, and welcome to 'Driver.
Enjoy the new whip....

C.

Old 04-14-2007 | 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by jjaywill
i took off work last week to take care of some things on my way to get a new chair i stopped by the infiniti dealer to check out the new "G" with no intention on even test driving the car that nite i had the salesperson work on some #s and within in an hour i was out test driving the car the next hour i was taking everything out of my 04 silver tl sixspd, loaded for my new platinum graphite G35S sedan sixspd and could not be happier... the torque steer alone on the tl was reason enough for me to trade her in not only that but i kept having allingment problems so tires were a bitch!! also just got the windows tinted thursday, and was looking forward to the ride to skyline drive with the other "G" and 350 owners ohh well that will give me time to get those breakin miles out of the way
JJay
Hey JJay,

I am currently an '04 TL owner. I am deciding btw a G35S and a TL-S. I test drove both, and so far, I'm getting a better deal on the TL-S. I know the G is better to drive mainly b/c of RWD, but how are you adjusting to the rest of the car? If you don't mind, these questions answered would help me a bunch:

1.) The quality of the leather doesn't seem to match the TL's...is that an issue for you?

2.) The G is a bit tighter in the passenger compartment. Is it less comfortable than the TL to you?

3.) Is there less refinement to you? If so, does it bother you?

4.) Acura in general seems to be more prestigious than Infiniti...do you think this will cause service and such to be worse than Acura?

Thanks!

Old 04-14-2007 | 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by VtecVQ

4.) Acura in general seems to be more prestigious than Infiniti...do you think this will cause service and such to be worse than Acura?

Thanks!
Not to butt in, but with myself coming from an '03 CL Type S, I think it's the other way around. Where I'm from, Infiniti is slightly more prestigious than Acura, and the service is definitely better. Just check out Acurazine about all of the bad service experiences that other people have been getting from dealerships. I haven't heard quite as many complaints over here. Personal treatment that I've experienced has been better with Infiniti as well. Well, that's just my two cents.

Old 04-14-2007 | 07:53 PM
Way to go! Just wait til you get it broken in and start exploring the top of the tach, and the handling. With a driver's car, all the marketing crap re prestige, and refinement are easily forgotten- for the driver.

Old 04-14-2007 | 08:33 PM
Bad Toro
Staff Alumni
Welcome to club J! Congrats!

Old 04-14-2007 | 08:45 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Staff Alumni
Welcome

Old 04-14-2007 | 08:51 PM
Congratz and welcome to the site .

Old 04-14-2007 | 10:26 PM
From one new owner to another enjoy your new ride!!!! ConGrats!!!

Old 04-14-2007 | 11:02 PM
|
Originally Posted by VtecVQ
Hey JJay,

I am currently an '04 TL owner. I am deciding btw a G35S and a TL-S. I test drove both, and so far, I'm getting a better deal on the TL-S. I know the G is better to drive mainly b/c of RWD, but how are you adjusting to the rest of the car? If you don't mind, these questions answered would help me a bunch:

1.) The quality of the leather doesn't seem to match the TL's...is that an issue for you?

2.) The G is a bit tighter in the passenger compartment. Is it less comfortable than the TL to you?

3.) Is there less refinement to you? If so, does it bother you?

Thanks!
the quality of the leather to me is every bit as good i thought for the car i took on my tl it cracked way to easy,
ques2 the G is a bit tighter that was no big deal to me!
ques3 the less refinement well i dont know i do miss the passenger side mirror adjusting when in reverse, the nav screen is smaller and the 3d took a little to get used to but i really like it and think it is easier to use than the tl's nav, what really sold me was performance, i do not like front wheel drive, now at the time in 04 i thought the tl was what i wanted, i did not realize what i was missing, the torque steer in the tl was sick, i upgraded to 18" wheels, i cant imagine what 15 more horsepower to the front wheels, if you get a new tl six spd get a death grip with your left hand on the steering wheel cause you will be going to the left really fast, and that is no fun, it almost got me killed more than once!! hah hah, now ques5 as far as prestige goes i have had nothing but great service at acura, i have not had to use infiniti's service yet im sure they are top notch!.. and how you are getting a better deal on a tl-s is beyond me my g35s was way cheaper than a 07 tl-s, well by 2g that is, i also felt at 43g my tl felt tired, i had alignment issues and the car shook at highspeeds.. the bottom line is the tl and the G are great cars i just like the look and the rear wheel drive of the G..... if you happen to choose the tl dont get "s" do what i did and get the acura 18"rims and maybe the spoiler, i think the ground effects make the tl look way to fat, and 1" lower be carfull getting to close to curbs, and those acura 18" wheels i hope you can paralel park!...good nite and sorry about the spelling and poor grammer, its saturday nite and im halflooped

Old 04-15-2007 | 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by jjaywill
the quality of the leather to me is every bit as good i thought for the car i took on my tl it cracked way to easy,
ques2 the G is a bit tighter that was no big deal to me!
ques3 the less refinement well i dont know i do miss the passenger side mirror adjusting when in reverse, the nav screen is smaller and the 3d took a little to get used to but i really like it and think it is easier to use than the tl's nav, what really sold me was performance, i do not like front wheel drive, now at the time in 04 i thought the tl was what i wanted, i did not realize what i was missing, the torque steer in the tl was sick, i upgraded to 18" wheels, i cant imagine what 15 more horsepower to the front wheels, if you get a new tl six spd get a death grip with your left hand on the steering wheel cause you will be going to the left really fast, and that is no fun, it almost got me killed more than once!! hah hah, now ques5 as far as prestige goes i have had nothing but great service at acura, i have not had to use infiniti's service yet im sure they are top notch!.. and how you are getting a better deal on a tl-s is beyond me my g35s was way cheaper than a 07 tl-s, well by 2g that is, i also felt at 43g my tl felt tired, i had alignment issues and the car shook at highspeeds.. the bottom line is the tl and the G are great cars i just like the look and the rear wheel drive of the G..... if you happen to choose the tl dont get "s" do what i did and get the acura 18"rims and maybe the spoiler, i think the ground effects make the tl look way to fat, and 1" lower be carfull getting to close to curbs, and those acura 18" wheels i hope you can paralel park!...good nite and sorry about the spelling and poor grammer, its saturday nite and im halflooped
Haha np...thanks a bunch!

Old 04-17-2007 | 04:14 AM
myself coming from an '03 CL Type S, I think it's the other way around.
I usually hate to respond to a thread hijacker, but ah what the hey. I also just came from an Acura CL-S and the difference in handling alone is enough to make you want to upgrade. Sh!tty fwd vs rear wheel drive? It's not even a comparison. My uncle has an '05 TL and it's a nice car and all, but the quality of interior aesthetics is night and day. The '07 inifiniti's lines just look much more striking and vivid. I haven't had a chance to utilize Infiniti's service dept yet, but I'm gonna find out friday when I drop my car off to get the seat fixed. Acura's service was top notch though. Tranny replacement and 107k extended warranty on the gearbox for free wasn't too shabby. As far as refinement goes, I think they both have their plus and minuses. I know I couldn't give a rat's a$s if people think my car is refined when I slide right past them going through turns. Or on the straightaway.

Old 04-17-2007 | 05:26 AM
spotted an 07 ip sedan today...looked great.

Old 04-17-2007 | 03:36 PM
thank god you converted to infiniti...good write up!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: add another former tl owner to the new G35 list