New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

G35 S New to forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 S New to forum

I have had my G35 S Sedan for almost two years. I have a Garnet Ember w black interior its loaded I ordered it that way. So I had to wait three months, but was rewarded. I have the 4ws and have to say it handles incredibly. I love the gracenote 9.5 gb hard drive the voice command, the paddle shifts the car is just amazing and it gets good gas mileage (18 around town 25 highway).

I just changed the tires. I have the OEM bridgestones w 20K and the rears were completely bald the fronts had a little life. So I purchased Goodyears F1 all seasons (ZR rated) and had them installed today F225/18 $175 R245/18 $185 tirerack $25ea to mount and balance $125 four wheel alignment ($1000 bucks total for the tires a little expensive. Also the Bridgestones have a treadwear of about 90 I think and the Goodyears are 420 (the higher the number the more mileage). I drove home in the rain no issues stick like glue to the cold rainy roads. I will fill you in on the Goodyears as time goes on. They dont look as good on my car from the side as the Bridgestones but look better from the back. I would say the Bridgestones were great in hot summer dry conditions but thats about it. They do not like to cold at all. Not very confidence inspiring in the the rain and go no where in the snow.

I also put a stillen CAI on about two months ago ($400) about four days to my house. This intake is awesome. It doesnt make a peep until about 3500RPMs. Then all hell brakes loose. It sounds like the engine is going to come out of the car. I ordered the gen 2 with the long tubes. Make sure you get these this will do away with the resrictive baffeling that came stock. I also put this on in about and hour and fifteen minutes and I have no mechanical skills.

I also just added a new stillen exhaust very expensive and not sure about it yet. I just had that put on today as well ($970) shipped to my door about four days from California to Virginia. It is stainless steel and is guarateed for life. Just touch the gas and it comes to life, however you ALWAYS hear it unless you take your foot off the gas. It does sound very good. The guys at the shop wanted to take it home with them. It will be about $150 to install. The exhaust looks awesome from the back polished stainless.

Also one last thing maintenance is very expensive on the Infinitis when you buy a new one see if they will throw in the 2 year maintenance program this will save a lot of money. The two year expected maintenance is about $700 they change the differential, trans, radiator, oil fluids and filters. I got into the 500 club and have the two year maintenance as well as free oil changes for the life, free car washes, one detailing a year, free inspections for the life of the car as well.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Keep in mind that the all-season tires you have will have nowhere near the grip levels of the OEM Potenza 050a on dry pavement. Also, treadwear ratings cannot be compared across different brands, as everyone has different standards. They are, however, comparable within the same brand.

Out of curiosity, how much is maintenance out there? It shouldn't cost 700 to maintain for two years unless you are using premium (i.e. full synthetic oil, etc.) products with every service.

Glad you're enjoying your car!

Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 AM

I am using synthetic fluids, and that was an estimate of trans fluid, oil, radiator, viscous LSD fluid change and what ever else they do for your 30k check-up/maintenance! I will ask if there is anything else they do for 30k. I do get this 2year 30K service for free. That is a nice incentive to buy from this dealership, not sure if all dealerships do this.
One other comment if you go to tirerack and read the feedback for G35 Sedan on the Goodyear F1 A/S the some of the reviewers said it has as much stick as the bridgestones in the hot weather. Now whether that is true I dont know, I can tell you that so have my F1's do stick like glue to cold roads.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Tires and Maintenance

Old 01-28-2009, 03:32 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Not too many modified GEs around ... welcome to the forums.