New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New G35 coupe 6spd in Georgia (Atl metro)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G35 coupe 6spd in Georgia (Atl metro)

Hi all!

Just got a 2006 g35 coupe 6spd, Athens Blue (I think is the color) 86K miles. Used to drive a 1999 Accord v6 coupe which was nice but wasn't rwd, no manuals for v6, and no aftermarket support (had a horrible transmission). This is my first manual car but i have driven a good bit of them in the past (used to be DD every so often so I could drive my friends cars). THis car was originally a Cali car and has had 5 owners with the last one being a repo.

A few things I have noticed is the car had some work done it, tint, Typhoon intake, some stupid chip ,UTP, Ultimate Tuning Performance (infinity says it does nothing, as well as being known as a scam online) and not sure what else. It looks to possibly be a different exhaust (looks like newish piping) or something was done to it as the sound of this car was extremely loud (mild drone but 100% better sounding than the accord and also a sick sound to it) compared to the other 20 I drove. Was informed that there is a Y Pipe on the plumbing going to the muffler with one end and the other end of the Y having 0 piping after it and possibly a gate that opens at certain RPMs to plumb the exhaust out of that end instead of the muffler (stated by Infinity techs). I have yet to jacked the car up to really tell what is going on.

Also the previous owner had installed 20" rims (245x??x20 and 305x25x20).

And don't think it means anything one bit but this car was assembled in Japan. This is a REVup model and have no idea if the oil consumption was dealt with so I will be checking oil periodically (semi used to this already).

Last edited by DeadDoc; 11-19-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You got yourself a sweet car mate!

I LITERALLY just got home from the dealership with mine. 2006 as well, but in Diamond Graphite.(super common..)

Put up some pics!!

Do you like the mods that are on it? Or do you think they negatively impact the car and it's driveability. Mine is stock, as far as mods go, but has all of the interior options and toys.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by redguitarfreak
You got yourself a sweet car mate!

I LITERALLY just got home from the dealership with mine. 2006 as well, but in Diamond Graphite.(super common..)

Put up some pics!!

Do you like the mods that are on it? Or do you think they negatively impact the car and it's driveability. Mine is stock, as far as mods go, but has all of the interior options and toys.
Photos should be visable from the link there.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b6l69t7co1y0a3c/zZjvWidTlE

I think that was the color of another car I was going to buy but had some massive rust issues (came from Iowa) and totaled to about 3K in repairs for fully loaded 06.

As far as mods are so far seem pretty nice, just would like to know more on the exhaust setup, first time actually encountering this ever. The UTP box will come off one of these days. Not seeing any trouble with having it.

I also did check the oil yesterday (1st time but had this less than a week) and it was off by about 2 qts so topped up with some 10w30 gtx high mileage that I had on hand. The car was inspected by Infinity before purchasing.... they never mentioned that there was low oil....

If the oil becomes a problem, might try and work with my friends and rebuild the engine. One thing I haven't touched on a car yet.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DeadDoc
Photos should be visable from the link there.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b6l69t7co1y0a3c/zZjvWidTlE

I think that was the color of another car I was going to buy but had some massive rust issues (came from Iowa) and totaled to about 3K in repairs for fully loaded 06.

As far as mods are so far seem pretty nice, just would like to know more on the exhaust setup, first time actually encountering this ever. The UTP box will come off one of these days. Not seeing any trouble with having it.

I also did check the oil yesterday (1st time but had this less than a week) and it was off by about 2 qts so topped up with some 10w30 gtx high mileage that I had on hand. The car was inspected by Infinity before purchasing.... they never mentioned that there was low oil....

If the oil becomes a problem, might try and work with my friends and rebuild the engine. One thing I haven't touched on a car yet.
Well that's good you like the mods. And so far, no signs of rust with mine.. It'll happen one day, I'm sure. It's been a Texas car for it's whole life.

Are you going to keep the rims that came with it?? The car looks Great!

-John

Old 10-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by redguitarfreak
Well that's good you like the mods. And so far, no signs of rust with mine.. It'll happen one day, I'm sure. It's been a Texas car for it's whole life.

Are you going to keep the rims that came with it?? The car looks Great!

-John
Most of Texas shouldn't be much of an issue as anywhere that gets a lot of snow and salt on the ground. I know in Ga we see snow about 1-7 days out of the winter season on average.

As far as the wheels go, I have not decided on that. I am at least going to ride out the set of tires which at my driving rate right now should be about 1-2 years. Just waiting on the 4th wheel with its tire to get on the car. Dealer got the rim and friend of the family will be getting the tire in on Friday for just over $200 305x25x20. crazyyy size.

I did just notice yesterday that the driver woofer is producing 0 sound so going to see if I can notice any disconnected wires off the amp and decide on how to approach. I have a set of Focals that I never installed on my old car but they are 4ohm which requires a new amp to power them. Plus the audio like most people say really isn't that good.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:07 PM
And on Saturday morning someone rear ended my car ................ Not my fault thankfully. Shouldn't be too bad but I am afraid of possible frame damage. The trunk won't latch close as that section is all bent up. First car to own that hasn't been in an accident before I started driving it.

Prior to this I had recently washed and did a 3 step wax job just to get that in before the winter temps, Seafoamed, scrubbed down the TB with a little bit of the IM, & cleaned the with the air filter and was going to do an oil change and spark plugs Sunday. Needless to say that didn't happen.

Last edited by DeadDoc; 11-19-2013 at 07:21 PM.