New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Sake, 2004 G35 Coupe from West Monroe, LA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sake, 2004 G35 Coupe from West Monroe, LA

So my wife bought a 2004 Black G35 coupe auto and im handling the mods. Straight out of duck dynasty country but dont worry no camo will be involved. We're going with a black and purple theme and she named it Sake.

Current mods:
Engine:
Injen CAI
Wheels/Suspension:
Muteki purple closed end lugs
XXR 526s 20x9 +11 20x11 +13
Nitto Invo 245/35 up front
Nitto 555 275/25 in the rear
Tein street basis z coilovers
Exterior:

Window tint
Emblemless grill
Black sidemarkers
Black Halo LED headlights
Interior:

White map and sidemarker LEDs, purple footwell and trunk LEDs
Aftermarket double din stereo install
Converting interior to black(remaining: seats/steering wheel/back panels)
Performance:
Megan Racing Y Pipe
Future mods:
Performance:

Motordyne plenum spacer
Invidia HFCs
Top Speed Pro-1 Catback
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Z1 Final Drive Differential Upgrade
Megan Strut Bar
Exterior:
DEPO JDM black taillights
VIS CF trunk lid V2
VIS Terminator CF hood
Seibon CF 10mm wider fenders
Seibon CF doors
Interior:

NRG Luminor Glow steering wheel
black carpet
NRG racing seats
I also want to clean up the engine bay in a fashion similar to CandlestickPark: https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...on-thread.html
Going to polish the plenum and timing cover, purple coolant hoses, NRG power steering tank, strut tower brace, oil catch can, and radiator panel, polished coolant overflow tank, rare jdm harness cover, and do a mini wire tuck.

I used to have a Scion FRS, build journal here.

Sorry if this was too long, I'm a bit ambitious when it comes to mods and the documentation of such and really just cars in general. I didn't see a build journal forum section around here so I figured I'd put up my plans in this post.
And without further ado heres some images of the car.

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  85.1 KB

Last edited by Harlow777; 04-29-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Totaled after one year, What happened?

As for the Nismo badge, you aren't fooling me or anyone on the forum but people around town might find it legit. If it completes the look what the hell right?

Nice color contrast in the purple and black.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Driver came up behind during a u turn and busted out the back drivers side bent up the suspension and all kindsa stuff.

Yea about the nismo I'm new to nissan/infiniti so i'm not super knowledgable about it but theres a whiteout g35 around my area that has the back end debadged and a nismo badge and I just thought it looked pretty cool but I may not even put the nismo badge on cause i also like the idea of just keeping it clean but it really just depends. But either way I will take suggestions and criticisms to heart since I'm a newb haha.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:02 AM
So I'm starting on converting the interior tan to black, also some of my plans have changed. Here's a few updated pics

Black drivers side vent, waiting on aftermarket steering wheel to put on black steering wheel bezel

Black halo/led headlights, dipped grill

Dipped wheel with purple godspeed lugs

Last edited by Harlow777; 11-16-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
you mentioned concerns for quality...
godspeed lugs and those halo lights are far from anything "quality"

interested to see how the wheat to black interior swap goes

Old 11-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Whats a good brand for lugs of this style?

The interior swap is going to be expensive(don't have a donor car) but I can't stand this color in interiors so we'll see how far I can get. I've got the drivers side door panel, and upper glove box/vent on the way.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Project Kics, Rays, Mutegi isn't bad...
I'd hold off on painting the calipers until you have a BBK/Brembos on there, painting the stocks would just look trashy. I do like the purple/black scheme as I thought of doing that for my OB G as well, maybe paired with some gold... we shall see.
As JT said, some of those parts aren't what you would call "quality". Plasti-dip gets hated on pretty hard here, just prepare for that flaming.
Side note, I'd look into Fast Intentions for test pipes/HFCs...doesn't get much better. A lot of folks here will push the ART pipes but that's going to come down to opinion on sound, me I don't like it too much.
Good luck.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Yea I haven't painted the calipers gonna go with some gold ones probably bbk, ive seen a lot of people on this forum with gold calipers and they look good on every car i've seen em on.

Plasti dip is overused and I know not a lot of people are into it but the things I've dipped are basically temp cheap solutions to blackout parts that will later be replaced. I'm going to get the emblemless black grill and some nice wheels when I save up for it but for now this is all I can afford haha.

I was definitely looking into HFCs, I don't like the test pipe sound but Fast Intentions was a brand I was looking at, so I'll probably be getting those pretty soon.

Although I was having quite the time deciding which would be better. I saw that FI has some resonated test pipes and I looked through some forum posts on those. They sound good in videos I've seen, but of course a video will never do an exhaust note justice. So I'm kinda torn between HFCs(potentially better sound) and the resonated test pipes(less rasp than test pipes, still loud, cheaper than HFCs).

Old 02-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Just got my XXR 526 wheels on had to roll the fenders in the rear on stock suspension. I bought Tein Street Basis coilovers just to have something for now until I invest in some nicer coilovers like powertrix but those will be going on soon will updated when its all put together heres some up to date pics.

XXR 526 20x9 +11(3 inch lip)/20x11 +13(5 inch lip),
wrapped in Nitto Invos 245/35x275/35
With some Muteki purple closed end lugs

Last edited by Harlow777; 02-20-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:32 PM
Been a while

I've recently got back to modding ol Sake and I've got a few more plans for the near future.
I got the windshield replaced, tint, and I slapped a cheap ebay intake on because the box was getting on my nerves.
Inb4 youre losing hp with that ebay crap

Fresh wash, emblemless grill

I'll get a legit CAI soon but for now this makes it easier to work on and a lot cleaner looking in the bay

They cutout around the third brake light, I had to grab a black one real quick because the tan was making it super obvious.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Hot air intake ftw . welcome to the forum.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:43 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Umm he's been around for over 4 years lol, check when the opening post is dated my brother.

But yeah, intake =

Sorry Harlow but when someone posts "don't say ..." we usually say "..." lol, you've been around long enough to know that. GL with the journey, it takes some of us longer rather than sooner to get things done but it's as much the journey as it is the final destination that makes projects fun amiright?