New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Help! 2004 G35 Sedan Engine overheating issues! Need some advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 04:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! 2004 G35 Sedan Engine overheating issues! Need some advice

To start off I have probably read all the topics on here about the problem I am having, but still can't seem to fix or figure out the issue.

To start off I never had any issues until my starter went out, and I replaced that myself, and was up and running that same day. About a month after I was turning left at a stop light and coolant spewing out the front of my car. It turned out to be a busted radiator so I replaced Radiator, but would tend to over heat when I was test driving close to home. I ended up replacing Thermostat, new radiator cap also, but still didn't fix problem, and then replaced water pump, but still same problem. I know these cars are hard to burp and get all the air out so I bought a spill free funnel and did the whole rev to 3k rpm 3 times heater on. Seems like I've done it all! (I actually drove car few times after doing this thinking problem was fixed but after about 30 - 45 minutes temp started going up so I shut her down. Car cooled down every time rather quickly so drove it home never going above 3/4)

What I keep seeing is also an issue other people had was head gasket. I haven't done a compression test. While I'm burping I have the car on jacks in the front raised up. The coolant in the funnel is always calm never a constant flow of bubbles, and I don't have smoke coming out the tail pipes either.

So if someone has some insight on what this issue could possible be I would greatly appreciate the input. I love this car more than any car I have owned before and would hate to get rid of it. I was thinking my next step would be to try and flush the Heater Core just in case there is blockage. Fans also seem to be running great already checked that out. Any Input would be great. Thanks