New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

College student '05 Coupe: First mods and Wrap

Old 11-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Abel Banko
Another question, are the halos replacing your LBL or your running lights
They're replacing the running lights, and then the low beams are out the middle of the top halo and same for the high beams, just on the bottom.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:19 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Ew, Oracal. Not easy stuff to work with. Looks excellent though, you did a great job to be doing it solo. Also, hello from a fellow G enthusiast who is in college and likes to wrap things.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:54 AM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Conissah
Ew, Oracal. Not easy stuff to work with. Looks excellent though, you did a great job to be doing it solo. Also, hello from a fellow G enthusiast who is in college and likes to wrap things.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I agree about Oracal, looking back on it I think I'll stick with Avery/Vvivid. Maybe 3M but I'm not the best and adhesive lines suck. I've actually been following your build thread for a while now. Super dope build man
Side question: what CeramicPro/other ceramic coating did you use on the matte to not make it lose its matte finish? I was looking into Dr. Beasley's matte coating but if CeramicPro works I might do that. Thanks

Last edited by MitchJDeP; 11-17-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by MitchJDeP
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I agree about Oracal, looking back on it I think I'll stick with Avery/Vvivid. Maybe 3M but I'm not the best and adhesive lines suck. I've actually been following your build thread for a while now. Super dope build man
Side question: what CeramicPro/other ceramic coating did you use on the matte to not make it lose its matte finish? I was looking into Dr. Beasley's matte coating but if CeramicPro works I might do that. Thanks
We use CeramicPro Light or Vinyl/PPF on all of our vehicles. Occasionally we will put down a base coat of 9H, but that's only for higher end vehicles and/or customers that want to pay for it. It definitely richens up the color but doesn't affect the sheen of the satin film. I've never used anything else, and don't really plan on it. Ceramic is the best.

PS: 9H is hard to get an even coating on a satin or matte film, and it's also NOT hydrophobic. It's simply a hard protectant.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:14 PM
G35 Coupe
We use CeramicPro Light or Vinyl/PPF on all of our vehicles. Occasionally we will put down a base coat of 9H, but that's only for higher end vehicles and/or customers that want to pay for it. It definitely richens up the color but doesn't affect the sheen of the satin film. I've never used anything else, and don't really plan on it. Ceramic is the best.

PS: 9H is hard to get an even coating on a satin or matte film, and it's also NOT hydrophobic. It's simply a hard protectant.
So you've never had issues using the Light or Vinyl/PPF on matte films? I always thought they were off limits since they say that they are for high gloss. Which do you prefer?

Old 11-18-2017, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Yeah that’s gonna be a no dawg.

Get an aggressive body kit, that’s way too stock for that color :/.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:18 PM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Yeah that €™s gonna be a no dawg.

Get an aggressive body kit, that €™s way too stock for that color :/.
I disagree, but don't worry, it'll happen just need to accumulate the funds.

Old 11-18-2017, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
You are welcome too, it looks completely out of place I’m just telling you. Look into a charge speed it or something.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by MitchJDeP
So you've never had issues using the Light or Vinyl/PPF on matte films? I always thought they were off limits since they say that they are for high gloss. Which do you prefer?
We had a problem with Light on one vehicle that was wrapped in 3M Satin Smoldering Red, but that's the only one. The color started to bleed into the application sponge so we promptly stopped and used PPF/Vinyl. Out of the 40 or so wraps we have done since I've been working there, that's the only one that had a problem with the Light. My preference is definitely on the Light since it's the super-hydrophobic coating and makes washing the car a breeze. Heck, even a coat of Sport will do the trick just not as long as the Light. We have a sample of matte black that has 3 sections taped off, one 'raw', one coated with 9H, and one coated with Light. We use it for demos, I'll see if I can find next time I'm at the shop to show you how it affects to color of the film.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:21 PM
G35 Coupe
We had a problem with Light on one vehicle that was wrapped in 3M Satin Smoldering Red, but that's the only one. The color started to bleed into the application sponge so we promptly stopped and used PPF/Vinyl. Out of the 40 or so wraps we have done since I've been working there, that's the only one that had a problem with the Light. My preference is definitely on the Light since it's the super-hydrophobic coating and makes washing the car a breeze. Heck, even a coat of Sport will do the trick just not as long as the Light. We have a sample of matte black that has 3 sections taped off, one 'raw', one coated with 9H, and one coated with Light. We use it for demos, I'll see if I can find next time I'm at the shop to show you how it affects to color of the film.
That'd be awesome, thanks man

Old 02-07-2018, 11:58 PM
G35 Coupe
Update 02/07/2018

It's been a slow winter so far here in WNY, but I made two changes. In November I bought a Fast Intentions catback. It sounds meaty as hell and I love it, even though the x-pipe resonator is not an original. I'll have to post a clip here soon if anyone ends up reading this post and wants to hear it. I ended up driving it every day up until they salted the roads in mid December. Here's a more current pic of the car, after having driven all day on a warm, saltless day in January. I had just put spacers on, 20f, 25r.
FI resonated test pipes, mishimoto baffled catch can, and suspension goodies to come when spring comes

Old 02-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
not my cup of tea, but i can appreciate the work and sweat you have put into her.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:16 AM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
not my cup of tea, but i can appreciate the work and sweat you have put into her.
I appreciate the kind words. Thanks for your input man

Old 02-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Did you hold onto the stock projectors and rays?

Old 02-08-2018, 10:55 AM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG
Did you hold onto the stock projectors and rays?
I still have the stock projectors, yes. I replaced them because they had some cracks, and I personally just like halos. I still have the Rays as well, they're still on the car, just black

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.