New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

College student '05 Coupe: First mods and Wrap

Old 02-08-2018, 11:02 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't go resonated on the test pipes. I have an unresonated FI catback with unresonated Z1 test pipes, and it sounds amazing.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:45 AM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Abel Banko
Don't go resonated on the test pipes. I have an unresonated FI catback with unresonated Z1 test pipes, and it sounds amazing.
You have any clips you could share?

Old 02-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Planning on putting one together soon. No rasp at all, deep growl. Problem is, the grumble is really low, bassy stuff, so a clip won't pick up the best parts. I'll still make one

Old 02-08-2018, 01:35 PM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Abel Banko
Planning on putting one together soon. No rasp at all, deep growl. Problem is, the grumble is really low, bassy stuff, so a clip won't pick up the best parts. I'll still make one
Cool, I'd love to hear it. I can't help but think it would sound different since you have a sedan, but it's still a VQ so that's odd to me that there wouldn't be rasp.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
There is probably Drone with that setup. Almost guaranteed. Ha! Unresonated test pipes are very loud.

Old 02-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
There is probably Drone with that setup. Almost guaranteed. Ha! Unresonated test pipes are very loud.
I consider rasp and drone different. Rasp is like that annoying almost hiss sound from resonator or muffler deletes without replacing the whole system with a quality build. There is a drone, but drone isn't even the right word, it's a rumble. Super bassy and resonant, sounds really nice to me.

Last edited by Abel Banko; 02-08-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
When you're cruise controlled at a given speed, is the engine noise annoying/conversation inhibiting at any time? If you can, that's drone (in my book anyways).

Old 02-08-2018, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by cswlightning
When you're cruise controlled at a given speed, is the engine noise annoying/conversation inhibiting at any time? If you can, that's drone (in my book anyways).
Right, that's why I said my setup does drone/rumble. I just wouldn't say it rasps though. Rasp I think of this annoying, high pitched hiss.

I'll try to make a clip soon.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:59 AM
G35 Coupe
I think I'm definitely going to stay resonated for the time being. It is my daily and I'd like to avoid problems with police/neighbors. The drone isn't bad right now and I enjoy being able to have conversations while in 6th gear. I mainly just want tunnels to be interesting, because the exhaust with just the catback isn't quite loud enough. I'll go resonated and then sound proof the back end of the car (which Gs could use anyway, since we hear every drop of water hit our wheelwells )
All being said, I'd still love to hear a clip Abel

Old 02-09-2018, 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by MitchJDeP
I think I'm definitely going to stay resonated for the time being. It is my daily and I'd like to avoid problems with police/neighbors. The drone isn't bad right now and I enjoy being able to have conversations while in 6th gear. I mainly just want tunnels to be interesting, because the exhaust with just the catback isn't quite loud enough. I'll go resonated and then sound proof the back end of the car (which Gs could use anyway, since we hear every drop of water hit our wheelwells )
All being said, I'd still love to hear a clip Abel
Make sense. Mine is my daily too. Definitely not loud enough to draw police attention though. Not like a muffler delete or anything, it's mild while cruising. It just screams so much better at harder acceleration.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:06 AM
G35 Coupe
Update 5-23-2018
Been a while. I've had a fast intentions catback for about 6 months and resonated test pipes for about a month now. The sound is incredibly clean and not overly loud, which is nice since I like my neighbors and I leave early in the morning. I had a bad drone before the test pipes, which is unusual but my cats were sagging a bit causing the catback to vibrate on the rear anti-roll bar.
I can post some sound clips, including tunnel runs later this week if anyone would like to hear it, lmk
In other news, a buddy and I finally got around to wrapping his G sedan, pictures below. I just need to finish wrapping mine now since the bumper still hasn't gotten done (got the wrap in the mail today ).
Here's right after we got done wrapping his. His of course being the orange one
And here's a nice shot from the season opening cars and coffee here in Buffalo. I have no idea who owns the 240, but it's sick. Sadly I didn't end up meeting him.
I've got a bunch of other photos of other cars from the day coming for my instagram if y'all feel like seeing some sick cars @mitchd.jpeg

Thinking of a duckbill trunk soon
I have more to update on, and will continue this soon. Thanks for reading guys

Old 05-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Neat!

Old 06-04-2018, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She looks great! and i'm also thinking about wrapping my car but first want to replace my rear bumper too, where did you get that replacement one and how was the fitment, did you install it yourself?

Old 06-04-2018, 02:35 PM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by Andrew7788
She looks great! and i'm also thinking about wrapping my car but first want to replace my rear bumper too, where did you get that replacement one and how was the fitment, did you install it yourself?
It wasn't anything fancy, really. It's a Replace™ brand bumper, and then I bought the top trim guaranteed fitment option. I think I got it from auto parts warehouse for like ~$250.
Yes I installed it myself, the fitment is great and it's only like 6 bolts.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MitchJDeP
It wasn't anything fancy, really. It's a Replace™ brand bumper, and then I bought the top trim guaranteed fitment option. I think I got it from auto parts warehouse for like ~$250.
Yes I installed it myself, the fitment is great and it's only like 6 bolts.
Awesome thank you! i'm probably going to purchase it did you use the bolt and clips off the stock one or did you have to get new ones? sorry i'm not really good with this stuff haha

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.