New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Show or Drift Car???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 08:23 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show or Drift Car???

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 2004 G35 coupe and I am debating if I want to turn her into a show car or a drift car. I'd like to hear what everyone did to their cars so I have a fairly general idea of what I could do to mine. I have done nothing to my car so far but I have big plans hopefully soon if I can afford it haha. But here she is

I also gotta replace my front bumper since its tearing from the sides. Right now she has lowering springs that I would like to convert to coilovers, probably Megan Racing coils, and 19" RC10 Rohanas that I also what to change out to maybe Asanti ABL-5 or Bavaria BC10. Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions just shoot it my way cuz I don't know that much about cars. Have a great day everyone!

Old 01-19-2018, 10:24 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Well since you used phrases like "if I can afford it" and "I don't know much about cars" then you definitely want to stay out if competitive drifting

Nothing wrong with buying a set if extra tires and doing the occasional weekend track events with lanes made of cones but be aware that you break a LOT of stuff on cars not specifically built to drift, heck you break a lot of stuff on cars that ARE built for drift lol.

Besides the G is heavy and would be a total bitch to learn on imo, all you're going to do is wear out the stock LSD and all suspension components...

And that's not even counting the mountain of tires you'll burn through!

I was just talking to my buddy 3 weeks ago who runs an S13 and he went through 2 dozen rears last year alone and he doesn't even drift "that much".

Old 01-19-2018, 10:24 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,473 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Also, pretty car!

Old 01-21-2018, 05:56 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Also, pretty car!
Thanks man! I was thinking about getting a 240 but I already have a corolla so I don’t think I can afford 3 cars lol, but yea I’m leaning more towards a show car since I care about how my car looks more than being sideways. But I’ll try to keep updating on here for anything I change