New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Is it worth it please help ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Is it worth it please help ??

I am looking at an infinity g35x, 197000 kms on it , the car needs an exhaust probably like around C$ 300 to 400 C$ in addition to a leak in the power steering lines, the person says that it is in the lines am afraid it might need a rack and pinion part which is expensive. On these two problems the person is asking $C 5600 for the car do you think i should take it or is it over priced please help . Here are some of the pictures underneath the car

Old 06-09-2018, 08:15 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Only you can answer that question bud. My opinion is if you are PAYING SOMEONE to do the work then don't get it. If you turn your own wrenches and can fix EVERY problem on the vehicle then that's a totally different story since you're only out the cost of parts.

It sounds like you're looking for a reason NOT to buy the car so that pretty much answers it.

The following users liked this post:
Andyy (06-09-2018)
Old 06-09-2018, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can fix it but i think its not worth to pay 5600 + 1300 = 6900 on a 197 kms that wont last me

Old 06-09-2018, 08:32 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I'm not sure how much of a problem rusted vehicles are in your area but I would never buy a car with that kind of corrosion. I spent TWO YEARS looking for the perfect G for me, I test drove/inspected about 50 vehicles during that time and traveled across 4 states, I ended up paying more than market value once I found the exact one I was looking for and have absolutely ZERO regrets.

However I won't ever get rid of this vehicle unless it's totaled beyond potential repair, this is a project car, one I've dreamed about since the day they came to these shores back when I was a poor man struggling to provide for my family and a car that cost more than my yearly wage was completely unobtainable, I knew the day I saw a G35 that SOME DAY I would own one, I've had a plan since day 1 for exactly how I was going to build mine when I did get it.

I understand for most folks their G is just another disposable vehicle, a nice one, but still disposable, and that some day they know they'll be getting rid of it. If this is what you are looking for then the rust honestly won't matter, neither will the exhaust or the failing rack & pinion.

If you're looking for something more than just a disposable vehicle to drive for a few years then keep looking, it will take some time but you won't regret it.

The following users liked this post:
Andyy (06-09-2018)
Old 06-09-2018, 10:35 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
You can get a.new rack and pinion from rackdoctor. It's a site I've heard about for awhile with great reviews. I think a G rsck is a few hundred bucks.

the exhause could set you back though, unless you can weld or just buy new parts yourself. I've owned my car since I bought it brand new in 06. Plan to keep till I or it dies...hoping it's the car first!