New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New-Headlight wiring info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New-Headlight wiring info

Hi all, I have a question. So my 2003 infiniti I acquired has an HID converter kit. The wiring is all over the place and old. I am thinking I am going to buy a new Conversion kit and Re-do. My question is do you know if the wiring for the low beams are plug and play ready? Or do i need to buy a kit that you have to ‘wire’ into the factory headlight ‘plug’? Also do I need to buy a bi-xenon converter? I pulled the high beam bulb out and it is not xenon. Just wanted to make sure. I have already bought D2R bulbs after looking online thats what they all are, but the current kit does not have the correct adaptor to fit the bulb, so looking for a kit that I can easily replace that bulb into the socket. Just wondering mainly if I am going to need to hardwire anything?

Old 09-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Old 09-04-2018, 12:28 PM

I attached two diagrams. I am trying to figure out if the 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan has the factory housing as seen on the 1st (top) image or something seen in the bottom image labeled as E (Original Halogen socket).

I haven't gone as far to disassemble a lot of the wiring, as I mentioned it is all over the place, but trying to determine if I need to get a kit that I have to hardwire or can simply plug and play. I don't think the previous owner who installed the aftermarket converter would have changed anything out from the original housing...but you never know.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

What is the actual production date, because early sedans were different than later 03's.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:53 PM
I don't know at the moment, but are you telling me that there is a possibility that it could be either wiring scenario that I am concerned about? I mean I guess I'll just have to take everything out to check if that's the case.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Those two are the same, one just has a rubber thing in the middle. But yea typically those eBay ones are real sketchy. I wouldn't trust anything without a wiring harness.