New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New member. First upgrade ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member. First upgrade ideas?

Recently bought a 2004 G35 coupe. Just bought and installed a new clutch & flywheel. I was thinking of doing some small upgrades but not sure what to start with. Cold air intake, plenum spacers, headers? If so, I'm not sure what manufacturer to trust.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:13 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Jonny take some time to read through the forum because we've been here so long probably every question you'll have will have been answered multiple times. Plus it's a forum rule to do so before you start posting tons of questions about your new car. Be sure to read through the stickied threads at the top of each sub-forum as they hold a wealth of information on their titled subject. When you do you'll quickly find out things like CAI's and headers really don't add much to improving power and at times can actually reduce it. Here's a great place for you to start: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/

Welcome to the family and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Old 09-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to the G35 Driver Forums Jonny!

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Jonny take some time to read through the forum because we've been here so long probably every question you'll have will have been answered multiple times. Plus it's a forum rule to do so before you start posting tons of questions about your new car. Be sure to read through the stickied threads at the top of each sub-forum as they hold a wealth of information on their titled subject. When you do you'll quickly find out things like CAI's and headers really don't add much to improving power and at times can actually reduce it. Here's a great place for you to start: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/

Blue nailed it, those stickys he referred to are at the top of the coupe page! There's 15 years of good information and of course opinions. Oh and about those headers, the cost isn't worth the WHP you'll get by installing them! Most of the restriction is in those converters...FYI
Gary

Old 09-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream

So if I can't find what it is exactly that I'm looking for, do i post a question then? Thanks for the help, not really sure how all this works yet lol.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Blue nailed it, those stickys he referred to are at the top of the coupe page! There's 15 years of good information and of course opinions. Oh and about those headers, the cost isn't worth the WHP you'll get by installing them! Most of the restriction is in those converters...FYI
Gary
I will get started with the link Blue pasted. Just recently started doing research on cars because it was my first buy. Eager to learn more though, thank you!

Old 09-06-2018, 05:09 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Jonny123

So if I can't find what it is exactly that I'm looking for, do i post a question then? Thanks for the help, not really sure how all this works yet lol.
It's cool to post a question or 2 but we strongly encourage new members to do a lot of work on their own to find out answers as well. We don't mind helping out but won't spoon feed new people info if they haven't put forth any effort on their own to figure things out. Takes way too much time to do that.