New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

2007 g35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 g35

Hello,

I don’t know if I am doing this correctly, but I need some advice. We changed the battery in our car and when we put the new one in the car wouldn’t start. We took it to the Nissan dealer here in my town. They said if was the main computer or motherboard had been damaged. Our car has been in the shop for almost 2 weeks now. They finally got the new part or motherboard installed it and now they can’t get the keys programmed. Then they called again today and said there is something wrong with anti-theft steering control module. The first quote was for $1500 for the motherboard. Now they don’t know for sure if that is the actual problem, they are waiting to hear from Nissan, by email, regarding the problem. If it is the problem then it would be an additional $1800.00. So my question is do we keep it there or go somewhere else? Thank you in advance

Old 09-15-2018, 06:29 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Has the vehicle had any other problems during your ownership of it?

I'm INCREDIBLY suspicious about what they're telling you though. What EXACTLY was your procedure for replacing the battery, it should be these EXACT steps here.

-Remove plastic battery compartment cover, the entire thing not just the little access window.

-Disconnect battery NEGATIVE terminal first.

-Disconnect battery POSITIVE terminal.

Lift and remove battery from the cradle, install new battery.

-Install battery POSITIVE terminal first.

-Install battery NEGATIVE terminal.

Reinstall plastic cover, start vehicle, WIN!

Did anything arc out accidently during removal of the battery? Accidently lay the wrench down across both terminals and make a big spark?

If there was no arcing then I suspect a faulty battery and would definitely try ANOTHER new battery to eliminate it as the problem.

If you disconnected the positive terminal first or install it last during the installation it's possible you blew a fuse inside the fusible link, IPDM, or Fuse Block - J/B in the cabin.

Post a copy of their diagnostic report here so I can see it, some of the components you're talking about like "anti-theft steering control module" aren't actually parts on this car, nor does this car have a mainboard. The two main components are the ECM and BCM and if either one failed then yes you have a problem. Try to get them to show you ACTUAL PICTURES of the error they're getting on their Consult-III diagnostic computer because I smell bs.