New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

My 07 g35 coupe De auto beating g37s and feels like it just gained 40torque and 40hp

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2021 | 12:46 AM
|
07 G35 coupe VQ35de Auto, Custom port and polish, custom Injen CAI, Grounding kit, G37 s wheel
My 07 g35 coupe De auto beating g37s and feels like it just gained 40torque and 40hp

Last weekend I was really bored so I picked up a complete de upper and lower manifold off a 06 g35 coupe from a local Pullapart!

With the picture of the vq35hr lower collector and how the collectors are more squared I had an idea and got to work porting the lower collecting from a perfect circle to a more squarish style! The top and upper manifold was also ported and polished very minority on the plenum spacer side and the top side! I also installed a BLOX 5/16th plenum spacer and did a coolant delete valve! And painted the complete manifold with heat temp paint as well as the TB and wrapped my injen intake with carbon heat wrap!

anyways whatever I did to the bottom manifold holes by porting them to a different shape got my g35 coupe auto running super hard and strong.
• My car never even chirped shifting into second and now it’s more like a half rotation burn out when shifting into second!
my cars power feels super linear and constantly feels like it’s just pulling harder and harder unlinke before my midrange felt really weak and I had to wait till it got past 3.5k-4.5k rpm to get the power back in midrange!!
I am super excited and have even beat my buddies 2013 g37 auto coupe off 0-60
I beat his g37 from 40-80
We also did a third gear roll from 60-120 my car is seriously running on crack and I’ve never felt a de or even a hr pull this hard!! Why did the ported lower manifold increase my complete hp and torque just by porting and polishing the lower intake runners from oem circle to hr style square style runners.

I never seen this done before and I figured why not! My DE is beast mode!

This is how it was stock

This is a hr lower manifold and this is where I got the idea to make the de circle style more of a Squarish shape. Not quite as perfect of a square as this one but basically a slanted squareish circle with smooth edges. Why did nobody ever try this, and this seriously needs to be a thing has anyone tried this and got the results I’m getting. I can’t stop driving my car! It’s wayyy to powerful off this mod alone! Wtf
And it only cost $120

Old 07-11-2021 | 03:37 PM
BANNED!!!
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Premier Member
It probably has more to do with the 5/16th spacer, it's a well documented fact that the cylinders 1 and 2 are starved with the OEM design.