New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New member 2004 G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diamond Graphite, 5AT, OEM+ looks with highly upgraded handling
New member 2004 G35 coupe

Hey everyone! Been browsing this forum for months now and finally made an account. I got this G35 back in October and it's been my grandfather's car for as long as I could remember. My uncle bought it brand new but couldn't keep up with payments so my grandpa bought it from him and owned it ever since. My uncle is more of an idiot cuz he got it in an auto . I got it as a graduation gift and used it as a daily driver for my 50 mile commute. I got it with 41k miles and have 45.6k on it now. Since my C55 AMG is quite horrible on gas, that became the weekend and Cars & Coffee car until I get the G35 where I want it aesthetic wise.

So far I dumped a lotta money into the handling mods since it had blown out struts by the time the keys were handed over to me. Went straight into BC Racing coilovers and then TruHart front and rear camber arms to really dial it in. Next I bought OEM 370z Rays rims. Not Nismos, but everyone thinks they are Haha. Had to do a 10mm hubcentric H&R spacer and extended studs up front to clear the A-arm. Got window and taillight tint to match my C55 and because the NC sun can be brutal in the summertime. The engine is bone stock except for a K&N drop in filter. Just changed the oil at 45k with Mobil 1 synthetic. No exhaust mods and I plan to keep it that way because I want to avoid any sort of highway drone and I really like the subtle stock noise it already has.

The next thing I'm going to do is paint correction and then removing the dings and dents from 16 years of age. I'm gonna get Hotchkis Sway bars and then a Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer afterwards. I'm not looking for big power since its auto and I can drive my C55 and gap 5.0 Stangs at anytime. The G35 is for the backroads and mountain twisties. Oh and to save my wallet by getting 25mpg instead of 18 like the AMG Just wanna keep it reliable and not begging for attention. I have some exhaust work and headers on the AMG if I wanna break necks where I go. Anyways, heres some pictures my buddy took of the car a couple weeks ago. More will be posted on my instagram over the next few weeks.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:59 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Whoa!
She's a Beaut....(in the Crocodile Dundee voice)

Seriously congrats on the coupe. She's pretty.
My first G was an 05 coupe. Loved it to death.

The community was super strong back in the day but some of us O.Gs are still around and you've got some great newer folks around as well.
As you know the car will treat you well if you treat it well.

With such low miles you've got a long exciting road ahead.
Exhaust wise you can always opt for a Z Tube, HR Y pipe (get an 07-08 350z OR 04-06 G35X Sedan version) and call it a day.

Power wise, a 5/16 ISO spacer will help round out your daily driving experience as well.
Enjoy man!

You've got an exciting journey ahead

The following users liked this post:
c55_vq35 (03-27-2020)