New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New to Infiniti, but not Nissan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2005 | 12:55 PM
|
Originally Posted by madchef
Congrats and welcome

Def looking forward to hearing your comparison on the ring.

Now, go get started on your modding research, lol (if you already have, what do you have planned?)
Well, my wife has been very tolerant of my modifications to my Spec V. As much as I love the performance of my Spec V (which is very, very close to a go-kart), it comes at a cost. The suspension is REALLY taught and I can feel EVERY bump that happens to find itself under my tires. And it's loud (although not as loud as it was when I first installed my header and exhaust.) Personally I don't mind, but I do feel bad for my passengers because I know how little my Spec V insulates you from it (again, something that I really enjoy.) So now I have to find the right series of mods that will give me better feedback from my G35 without sacrificing too much in drivability. I definitely won't get headers because that was the bulk of my exhaust sound in my Spec V and I suspect the same will happen to my G35. So this is what I'm thinking of:

-- JWT Pop Charger (have it in my Spec V and I love it.)
-- Full Stillen Exhaust (the only one that I heard that I like, but it's $1,200!)
-- Full Nismo Suspension (I've read that it is similar in feel to the stock G35 suspension, except it gives a sharper edge to the G35's handling feel.)
-- For tires I'll start off with a set of Pirelli PZero Nero M+S. They may be all-season tires but they really are very good in all situations. The video of my run on the 'ring is with a complete set of PZero's and they were very good (racing tires would have been better, of course, but then I'd have to have an additional set of winter tires and I don't want to do that.)

A supercharger is a bit off, but I'm very interested in getting one. As it stands I'll probably refrain from modifying for a little while, since I just bought the car. My wife is great and tolerates my hobby, but she doesn't want another loud car so I have to mod carefully.

Old 12-12-2005 | 01:05 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
nice vid and nice lines!

Old 12-12-2005 | 01:30 PM
|
Originally Posted by Randys_G
nice vid and nice lines!
Thanks! With better confidence and ***** I would drive more aggressively, but I took a "short cut" on the 'ring on my second run and I've been gun-shy ever since. Fortunately nothing bad happened to my car, but it scared the living crap out of me.

Old 12-12-2005 | 01:30 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
an 04 with the 6mt is the sportiest model. you have the limited slip diff, brembos, supposedly sport tuned suspension, larger wheels...Congrats.

Old 12-12-2005 | 01:36 PM
Welcome! My brother recently sold his 94 SE-R lightly modded, that car was awesome, what a great motor. The new owner has turbo plans and a rebuild.

Old 12-12-2005 | 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by bm14582
How do you like your G35? Miss the Spec V?
I love the G35. I really don't miss the Spec V all that much now. My Spec did handle better than the G, but I had a lot of suspension work to it. I am sure I can get the G to handle just as well if not better.