New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New to Infiniti, but not Nissan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2005 | 03:12 PM
|
New to Infiniti, but not Nissan

The picture above this text is of me after my latest run at the Nurburgring.

Hello! My name is Bryan and I am now the proud owner of a 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (possibly the sport coupe, I'm still trying to figure that out as I'm not too familiar with all the options for that year and model G35 Coupe).

As I mentioned in the title I'm new to Infiniti but not Nissan. I'm actually a die-hard Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V fan (note my site: www.specplace.com.) I am currently stationed in Germany (USAF) and have raced the Nurburgring 3 times in my modified Spec V (header, intake, exhaust, springs, front and back Nismo anti-sway bars; I also have ghetto-shaky-video of my racing the Nurburgring in my Sentra at http://www.qr25de.net/~specplace/Spe...rgring_low.wmv) and have mad, mad love for that little Nissan (see www.specplace.com/Spec_Article.pdf for proof.) To be honest, so far the Spec V is a lot more fun to drive, but is no where near as comfortable to ride in. And the G35 has a much wider power band and looks MUCH, MUCH better inside and out.

Anyway, I thought I would just introduce myself to the board. I will probably create another website like SpecPlace.com for the G35 Coupe (because I get bored and building a web site is good practice for me) and look forward to modding my car for use on the Nurburgring.

Last edited by bm14582; 12-12-2005 at 11:49 AM.
Old 12-11-2005 | 03:13 PM
it's infiniti...;
welcome heh

Old 12-11-2005 | 03:45 PM
Specplace.com is a great accomplishment and I look forward to your take on the Infiniti G35. Are you having the G35 sent to your base in Germany from the states? Or can you buy the car there?

Welcome to the boards.

Old 12-11-2005 | 10:31 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Staff Alumni
Welcome to the board!

Old 12-11-2005 | 10:40 PM
Holy crap! Nice to see an old face on here. I used to have a Spec V as well and found out about all the SE-R forums from Specplace.com, I loved that site. I am actually an Admin on the SERboard.com, and I am sure you remember me from thevboard.com. I just totalled my Spec V and also bought a 2004 G35 6mt coupe.

It's like I am stalkikng you

Old 12-12-2005 | 10:36 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Welcome Bryan, and congrats on your rides. You'll love the G too.
I'd like to hear about your races on the Nurburgring in the Spec V and now the Infinti.

Colin

Old 12-12-2005 | 11:51 AM
|
Originally Posted by JDM 350GT
it's infiniti...;
welcome heh
Talk about making a textbook noob mistake. It's like I went to theVBoard and asked:

"I just bought a Spec five and I would really like to hook it up!"

I'm retarded.

Old 12-12-2005 | 11:59 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
welcome!

Old 12-12-2005 | 12:03 PM
|
Originally Posted by calejohnson
Specplace.com is a great accomplishment and I look forward to your take on the Infiniti G35. Are you having the G35 sent to your base in Germany from the states? Or can you buy the car there?

Welcome to the boards.
The G35 isn't sold over here.

Interesting story: The guy I purchased my G35 from actually decided to buy the car after the got stationed here in Germany. He found the car he wanted, from the dealer he wanted, then got a loan for the car, and flew over to the States to buy it. He then found a shipping company and had it shipped to Germany. He had it for a couple of months and then decided that he wanted something a bit more practical. That's when I noticed it for sale. I put in for a load (fully expecting not to get approved), got approved (the bank was VERY eager to give me a loan), and I had to decide between the more expensive M3 or the G35 Coupe. I like both, and the M3 is awesome, but the BMW is going to be expensive to modify and maintain, I know Nissan's tuning philosophy because of my Spec V, and I knew that I could modify the G35 coupe exactly how I wanted it so I went for the G35.

Another big influence on my decision was Top Gear. On its track the 350Z Track, RX-8, and the M3 all had the same lap times. I know that the G35 isn't exactly as quick or agile as the 350Z Track, but it can be made to be. So, being performance oriented, I had to ask myself, "Is it worth spending another $7K for an M3 when the G35 looks great and performs similarly and can be made to be so much more?" So I went for the underdog in this comparison. So far I'm happy (with the exception of the low tire pressure light, which likes to come on for no reason and the fact that I can't seem to get the European 350Z navigation software to work in me Infinity, which gives my a Nav system that I can't use.)

Last edited by bm14582; 12-12-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-12-2005 | 12:05 PM
|
Originally Posted by Randys_G
welcome!
I was looking at your signature and I was curious how reliable and drivable your supercharger is. I'm really interested in getting one in a couple of years.

Old 12-12-2005 | 12:08 PM
|
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Welcome Bryan, and congrats on your rides. You'll love the G too.
I'd like to hear about your races on the Nurburgring in the Spec V and now the Infinti.

Colin
And you will! I fully intend to race the 'ring this spring to see how differently it handles from the Spec V.

Old 12-12-2005 | 12:14 PM
|
Originally Posted by Destro
Holy crap! Nice to see an old face on here. I used to have a Spec V as well and found out about all the SE-R forums from Specplace.com, I loved that site. I am actually an Admin on the SERboard.com, and I am sure you remember me from thevboard.com. I just totalled my Spec V and also bought a 2004 G35 6mt coupe.

It's like I am stalkikng you
How do you like your G35? Miss the Spec V?

Old 12-12-2005 | 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by bm14582
And you will! I fully intend to race the 'ring this spring to see how differently it handles from the Spec V.
Congrats and welcome

Def looking forward to hearing your comparison on the ring.

Now, go get started on your modding research, lol (if you already have, what do you have planned?)

Old 12-12-2005 | 12:18 PM
ps Cool vid! You can actually buy a suction cup mount for not too too much

Old 12-12-2005 | 12:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by madchef
ps Cool vid! You can actually buy a suction cup mount for not too too much
I sure can, and the Germans will take it down because video on the 'ring is not allowed. That's why I had the ghetto-shakey-camera-video. I'm going to have to find a better way to get video of my G35.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to Infiniti, but not Nissan