New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

I Just Got Raped!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2006 | 09:11 PM
|
^^^ THEN YOU GOT RIPPED OFF TOO! j/k. Yeah I want to call a lawyer but I don't want to look like an idiot (AGAIN) calling him saying if I can return the car and there's no possible way and he laughs! but yeah I'll atleast try!

Last edited by jdmrsxs02; 03-20-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-20-2006 | 09:22 PM
So you'll "look like an idiot" for like 5 seconds...so what? Give it a shot

Old 03-20-2006 | 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by BlackStevo8
Yo me and my boy just got 2006 coupes and we both leased. Here are the numbers.

both cars are 2006 coupes 6 speed with navi, bluetooth and sports packages. MSRP was 40,680. My name is Steve and I have the Blue coupe, My friend is Chris he has a black coupe.

Steve (blue coupe) traded in a Hurt *** 2005 evo (car had wrong t-case in it, whole driver side needed a paint job, driver seat was cracked, trunk lid was dented, Shifter cables were bent so bad it barely went into reverse, car was heavily modded then made stock)
I PUT DOWN 1200$ CASH BUT MY TRADE IN WAS 2000$ SHORT, SO I HAD TO ROLL IN AN EXTRA 800$ ONTO THE LEASE. I'M PAYING 609$ A MONTH OVER 42 MONTHS WITH 18K A YEAR.

Chris (black coupe) Put down 1584$ cash, is paying 525$ a month over 42 months with 15k a year.
You are so Long Island it hurts.....

Let me guess........

You have a 'blowout' hairstyle?????

Old 03-20-2006 | 11:06 PM
the best thing to do is call the dealership where you purchased the car, speak to the stores GM, if he wont help you YOUR ASSED OUT NO COOLING OFF PERIOD IN CAli

Old 03-20-2006 | 11:44 PM
This once happen to me when I was about 19 or 20 yrs old. Went with a friend just to check out a 99 Ford Lightning and ended up buying the damn thing. I was raped at 14% interest with a payment of almost 500 a month for a used truck with 24,000k miles. Brought the truck back before the 3rd day was up and told him I did not want the truck anymore. I even explain to him, by law ( at least in TX) I have 3 days to return the vehicle. He was pissed and was willing to work a better deal. Hopefully, your dealer might be willing to work you a better deal. Lesson learned not to buy at the spur of the moment. Hope things work out for you.

Old 03-20-2006 | 11:55 PM
This post made me laugh!

I just don't get it. IF you HAD to get the car - then don't complain about the price. There is an direct correlation between need and price... if one goes up, then so will the other.

1) 18 yr olds shouldn't be driving a G35 ... no matter if they can afford it or not
2) You obviously didn't do squat for homework before going to the dealership
3) You HAD to HAVE a car? Next time, rent one to go down there... it would have cost you $30
4) Walk in with ATLEAST the edmunds info and laugh at the guy in his face when he ran the numbers for you ...
5) You walked in with your MOM and your GRANDMOTHER? The GM was probably sending in his rookie to "pop his cherry" on you ... sorry man.

Better luck next time!

Old 03-21-2006 | 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by Bobalude
From your earlier post and tips from others at:
https://g35driver.com/forums/buying-selling-leasing-discussion/89445-how-get-approved-lease-buy-being-young.html

Would have thought you'd make a more rational decision instead of buying on impulse.

Guess that the dealer wouldnt budge because you were appeared too enthusiastic and determined to get that car. Coming back twice to be approved is a clear sign you really want it. Should negotiate the price/terms first if possible, and then handle financing and finding someone to cosign with.
Well, cant say we didnt warn you ...I am sorry that you will have to live with your minor oversight for next few years. Not sure what kind of financial situation you in, but try do your best to keep up with the payments, dont make it worse by ruin your credit...just hope next time and yes there will be next time, that your will not make such hasten decision...Whats done is done, dont reflect on it too much, just try to enjoy your new car and take good care of it, and good luck with it.

Just thought of there might be something we as G35fourm members could do to help his situation out...jdmrsxs02 , Which dealership did you lease the car from and who is your sales person? maybe we can write an letter/E-mail to sales manager and G/M of that dealership and ask them to reconsider a fair deal for him, if they refuse to do so? we will "black ball" that dealership, we will ask any of our members do not referr anyone to that dealership, even on here, there is an post just bout every week asking which dealership offers good deals and have decent customer service. If coupe of hundren ppl take few mintues of their time to send in a E-mail? it just might work, what you all think about this?

Last edited by limeg35; 03-21-2006 at 06:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jason Murrish (11-14-2023)
Old 03-21-2006 | 07:09 AM
There's a lot of math that goes in to a lease calculation. If you give me a little data on your lease I can tell you exactly what kind of deal you got.

1) What are all of the option packages on the car (so I can calculate MSRP and invoice price).
2) What's the term of your lease (2 years, 3 years).
3) What is your exact offered buy-out at the end of the term.
3) What's your local sales tax.
4) What was the money factor for your lease (i.e. 0.00215)
5) What is your montly payment exactly.

If you give me all of this I can tell you exactly what price over invoice for which you effectively got the car.

Last edited by MechEE; 03-22-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-21-2006 | 02:17 PM
you go more than raped. You got f*cked up on that deal. damm that sucks. Hope everything works out for ya.

Old 03-21-2006 | 02:30 PM
workin...
Premier Member
Originally Posted by limeg35
Well, cant say we didnt warn you ...I am sorry that you will have to live with your minor oversight for next few years. Not sure what kind of financial situation you in, but try do your best to keep up with the payments, dont make it worse by ruin your credit...just hope next time and yes there will be next time, that your will not make such hasten decision...Whats done is done, dont reflect on it too much, just try to enjoy your new car and take good care of it, and good luck with it.

Just thought of there might be something we as G35fourm members could do to help his situation out...jdmrsxs02 , Which dealership did you lease the car from and who is your sales person? maybe we can write an letter/E-mail to sales manager and G/M of that dealership and ask them to reconsider a fair deal for him, if they refuse to do so? we will "black ball" that dealership, we will ask any of our members do not referr anyone to that dealership, even on here, there is an post just bout every week asking which dealership offers good deals and have decent customer service. If coupe of hundren ppl take few mintues of their time to send in a E-mail? it just might work, what you all think about this?
while this is a nice thing to suggest, the dealer didn't really do anything wrong. i wouldn't want to go to bat for someone who doesn't know how to play the game properly. sounds like he's young and made a stupid mistake. he's gotta learn instead of having people bail him out. just my .02

Old 03-21-2006 | 02:35 PM
You should have done your homework and played within your league bro. The salesman gave you the full reach-around and the back-door-slam! I wish we could help ya but, for future reference...NEVER LEASE A CAR!

Old 03-21-2006 | 02:40 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Originally Posted by jimbo10v
You should have done your homework and played within your league bro. The salesman gave you the full reach-around and the back-door-slam! I wish we could help ya but, for future reference...NEVER LEASE A CAR!

There's nothing wrong with leasing. You just have to know what the hell your doing. It's just like buying.

Old 03-21-2006 | 02:41 PM
+1 ^ (jimbo10v)

And if making those big payments is a non-issue for you, then consider the inflated price you paid a non-issue as well. All that money wasted? I'm sure it's being put to good use for someone, just not you. Chalk it up as a lesson learned and move on if you don't have a "cooling-off" law that will work to your advantage.

Old 03-21-2006 | 02:41 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Lime,

I'd be willing to write an Email.

Old 03-21-2006 | 03:28 PM
Still cheap tution - if thats the most expensive mistake you make in life. Care to hear about losing $40k. in the market?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Just Got Raped!