NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Not a good day to go to logan!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2007 | 11:21 AM
|
Thumbs down Not a good day to go to logan!

My wife took the redeye from LA last night, and I had to pick her up at 7am at logan. Needless to say it was a friggen mess out there. Cars all over the place, really really slippery.

Worst thing I saw was an M5 fighting for its life on 93...it 100% had summer performance tires on, and he had the pedal to the floor trying to make it somewhere on 93N. Poor guy, I wanted to tell him to just give it up because I'm sure hes going to end up in a ditch, jsut no way hes gonna make it on those tires!

Also spotted a diamond graphite/brilliant silvet G coupe on 93, far left lane going at a good clip. Saw a black Z in medford, guy didn't clean any snow off his car, and had his windows down?? Also spotted a blue '07 sedan in the 93 area (might have been medford)

Pretty hairy morning, but my wife's Mazda3 tackled it well. Took the G to work, and the blizzak's did me proud. I did had an EVO behind me on the way to work, and he looked pretty annoyed that there wasn't another rally car in front of him....sorry man!

Anyone else venture out today?

Old 02-14-2007 | 11:39 AM
Brian
Originally Posted by madchef
My wife took the redeye from LA last night, and I had to pick her up at 7am at logan. Needless to say it was a friggen mess out there. Cars all over the place, really really slippery.

Worst thing I saw was an M5 fighting for its life on 93...it 100% had summer performance tires on, and he had the pedal to the floor trying to make it somewhere on 93N. Poor guy, I wanted to tell him to just give it up because I'm sure hes going to end up in a ditch, jsut no way hes gonna make it on those tires!

Also spotted a diamond graphite/brilliant silvet G coupe on 93, far left lane going at a good clip. Saw a black Z in medford, guy didn't clean any snow off his car, and had his windows down?? Also spotted a blue '07 sedan in the 93 area (might have been medford)

Pretty hairy morning, but my wife's Mazda3 tackled it well. Took the G to work, and the blizzak's did me proud. I did had an EVO behind me on the way to work, and he looked pretty annoyed that there wasn't another rally car in front of him....sorry man!

Anyone else venture out today?
Yup, I'm here at my office. Natick, my hometown, did a **** poor job at plowing...so did Wellesley and Newton. Only the major roads were touched, none of the side streets were plowed at all. Even on the streets that were plowed, there were still a good 2" inches of dark brown snow all over the roads.
My car handled it fine, and this was my first experience in the snow in my G coupe with winter tires.
I don't feel bad for people who use summer tires in the snow and get stuck. They should know better. If they can afford to drive an M3, they can afford to buy winter tires.

Old 02-14-2007 | 11:46 AM
|
Worse than that... its not an M3, its an M5

Old 02-14-2007 | 12:05 PM
Premier Member
logan sucks for clean up, ive worked there for 8 years as a us customs agent, and they always waited till the end, plain and simple massport sux

i must say my mich pilot sports are the best tires in the world, even with this snow, or rain or dirty they keep amazing me, i had no problem getting around in this snow we are abt 5" where i am and still snowing, im nto saying i can floor it, but going up hills np,i was acutlly scared, but the slip light blinks and that was it and i even gained speed, im proud of my G today and when i took the vdc off, it was on i came into work sideways hehe all fun and games

Old 02-14-2007 | 01:14 PM
|
Originally Posted by Scootch
logan sucks for clean up, ive worked there for 8 years as a us customs agent, and they always waited till the end, plain and simple massport sux

i must say my mich pilot sports are the best tires in the world, even with this snow, or rain or dirty they keep amazing me, i had no problem getting around in this snow we are abt 5" where i am and still snowing, im nto saying i can floor it, but going up hills np,i was acutlly scared, but the slip light blinks and that was it and i even gained speed, im proud of my G today and when i took the vdc off, it was on i came into work sideways hehe all fun and games
You used your pilot sports today? You're joking...right?

Old 02-14-2007 | 01:35 PM
Grocery getter
Premier Member
I feel for you guys right now.

You can feel bad for me in July/August.

Old 02-14-2007 | 02:00 PM
Well, I got on the highway this morning and a Mass state cop had spun out and plowed down a guard rail HAHAHAHA.

Then I saw a Mack truck snow plow just plain fish tailing towards me in Newport. He missed me by about 10 feet.... but I def needed a change of underwear when I made it to work hehehe, j/k.

the AWD handled like a charm tho!

Old 02-14-2007 | 02:08 PM
Premier Member
i thought these tires owuld blow in the snow/rain but i love them

dude i **** u not, just got back from lunch these pilot sports are the best, i really cant complain at all, i got around fine, up/down hills on hwy, even hit 70mph lol

but im not joking lol

Old 02-14-2007 | 02:14 PM
|
Ok, it's just that I had brand spanking new pilot sports, and they were completely useless (no, dangerous) on snow. Just look at all the posts of ppl complaining their G doesn't move an inch in snow

Who knows, maybe you got a diff version or something?

Check the snow ratings on tirerack (they get a "n/a"):
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ilot+Sport+PS2
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=Pilot+Sport

I'm just confused, thats all

Old 02-14-2007 | 03:00 PM
Premier Member
my tires are the one sin the 2nd link you got there, idk man, im in danvers,ma and work in peabody,ma juts stoped snowing here now icey rain, and i can get around with ease, hwy are horrible, but not problems with the tires, the handle fine, not much slip at all, even went up/down a few big hills, i must admit i was scared, cause i use to own a camaero and that went no where and my sedan was horrible also, but this coupe;idk just goes with these tires on it, not saying i can go threw anything but we got abt 5-6 inches and actully while i was typing its started to snow agn, lol

but i like these tires, i thought i would go no where, but was suoprised i can get around np, even went thru some of those intersection snow banks, slip light came on and car just went np, but if i had a body kit i would nvr drive this car around to low

Joe

Ok, it's just that I had brand spanking new pilot sports, and they were completely useless (no, dangerous) on snow. Just look at all the posts of ppl complaining their G doesn't move an inch in snow

Old 02-14-2007 | 03:24 PM

Mad, that's hysterical. I was laughing at the M5 when I drove up this AM. I had my Pathfinder (I almost took the G35x, but was worried about snow banks being too high). The poor M5 almost got killed at the clover-leaf -- 95/93 traffic all over the place. He was just skidding out everywhere. Was a pretty young guy. I was telling my wife - he's an idiot. Probably spent everything he had in a used M5 with the nice wheels and low-profilers. And figured it would be "fine" in the snow w/ traction control. Hahahaha!

I saw a 350Z as well, struggling along. And one G35 coupe.

I wish I had taken the G out, but, hey, felt pretty good in the Pathfinder, especially heading back down on 93 in areas where the snow ruts were atleast 8-10" high.

Cheers!

Old 02-15-2007 | 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by Scootch

good thing you work at a shop. i swear one day you're gonna be a customer! lol

Old 02-15-2007 | 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
I feel for you guys right now.

You can feel bad for me in July/August.

phoenix is an awsome place. i visited there in sept of a couple years ago. but phonix is gonna be like alaska compared to where i am. you can feel bad for me starting in about a month up until dec.

Old 02-15-2007 | 04:03 AM

uh oh, looks like someone has raised the bull**** flag! lol

Old 02-15-2007 | 10:06 AM
|
Originally Posted by jerdubois
Mad, that's hysterical. I was laughing at the M5 when I drove up this AM. I had my Pathfinder (I almost took the G35x, but was worried about snow banks being too high). The poor M5 almost got killed at the clover-leaf -- 95/93 traffic all over the place. He was just skidding out everywhere. Was a pretty young guy. I was telling my wife - he's an idiot. Probably spent everything he had in a used M5 with the nice wheels and low-profilers. And figured it would be "fine" in the snow w/ traction control. Hahahaha!

I saw a 350Z as well, struggling along. And one G35 coupe.

I wish I had taken the G out, but, hey, felt pretty good in the Pathfinder, especially heading back down on 93 in areas where the snow ruts were atleast 8-10" high.

Cheers!
That's exactly where I saw him...he was just past the 128 onramp. At that point, I left the G at home as well. Was driving the wife's Mazda3 at the time