NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Fun the last 2 days...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fun the last 2 days...

So anyone else have a blast driving their G in the last 2 days...

Yesterday I left my house @ 6am, got stuck on the onramp to the highway for 45 mins, fishtailed at least 8 times, did a 360 once and accidentally drove someone off of the road. No roads had been plowed, even the main highways. I got to the office @ 8:45am. My nerves were shot, and I started drinking @ noon.

Today there were actually kids SKATING on my street, so I was looking forward to another great day. I had to drive forward in my driveway to back out as my tires were Frozen to the ground. I slipped and slided down my street, got to the main road, and actually wasn't bad from there. Until I got to the entrance to my office park. It took me 20 mins to drive the 300 yards up a slight incline to get in my office park, then 10 mins to get to my office a quarter mile in.

I hope that constant use of the Slip thingy on my G doesn't hurt the car, because its been constantly ON the last 2 days.

Funny thing is I spent like $1500 last summer on 17" rims and Blizzaks for my G, but I hadn't put them on as we've had ZERO snow all year. Guess I'll throw them on this weekend!

Old 02-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RIG35Guy
So anyone else have a blast driving their G in the last 2 days...

Yesterday I left my house @ 6am, got stuck on the onramp to the highway for 45 mins, fishtailed at least 8 times, did a 360 once and accidentally drove someone off of the road. No roads had been plowed, even the main highways. I got to the office @ 8:45am. My nerves were shot, and I started drinking @ noon.

Today there were actually kids SKATING on my street, so I was looking forward to another great day. I had to drive forward in my driveway to back out as my tires were Frozen to the ground. I slipped and slided down my street, got to the main road, and actually wasn't bad from there. Until I got to the entrance to my office park. It took me 20 mins to drive the 300 yards up a slight incline to get in my office park, then 10 mins to get to my office a quarter mile in.

I hope that constant use of the Slip thingy on my G doesn't hurt the car, because its been constantly ON the last 2 days.

Funny thing is I spent like $1500 last summer on 17" rims and Blizzaks for my G, but I hadn't put them on as we've had ZERO snow all year. Guess I'll throw them on this weekend!

sounds like you had fun. at least you're not cryin because you went sideways into a parked car or something crazy like ChickFlynByU...lmao
anyways, i think most smart people* put their winter rims/tires on shortly after thanxgivin. I did.

*this does not include joe. lol j.k

Last edited by Juan-g35; 02-15-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I think the funniest thing I saw was a state trooper just start fish-tailing like crazy until he was able to stop... the guard rail was the intervening variable with the abrupt stop LOL.

No fun for me though... the AWD pretty much prevents that. But it was too nasty and icy out for fun for me though. Traction = Good.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Lords47
I think the funniest thing I saw was a state trooper just start fish-tailing like crazy until he was able to stop... the guard rail was the intervening variable with the abrupt stop LOL.

No fun for me though... the AWD pretty much prevents that. But it was too nasty and icy out for fun for me though. Traction = Good.

look at this stranger! wassup ryan. you can turn your awd and vdc off and have some state trooper like fun if you wanted can't you? lol

Old 02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm not so convinced I really wanna buy a guard rail this particular winter.....

I did think of you on the ride in though... a few DoD cops were having some fun of their own in one of the impala cruisers.... either that or they just cant drive for $hit, your call HAHAHAHA

Old 02-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm not so convinced I really wanna buy a guard rail this particular winter.....

I did think of you on the ride in though... a few DoD cops were having some fun of their own in one of the impala cruisers.... either that or they just cant drive for $hit, your call HAHAHAHA

damn DoD cops. those impalas were so ****ty, my call is both.
I woulda been havin fun in the Tahoes. Did you know that you were the only person i ever pulled over? its what you get for drivin while white. ha ha ha ha

Old 02-15-2007, 12:04 PM
LMAO! My knees are still killing me from "begging" to get out of the ticket!

Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 PM
LMAO! My knees are still killing me from "begging" to get out of the ticket!
ha ha ha

Old 02-15-2007, 01:28 PM

lol sound sliek someone need btr tires or know how to drive there g in the snow, i got around fine, the only thing that held me up was this morning, had to rock the g out of my spot in my drivewy as the tire markes made trailes in the snow and it froz over =0(

but asides that i had a blast drifting in the snow, didnt go out of control unless i want it to, so my car did just fine in my eyes

Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 PM
no problem with the ice storm.. blizzaks ws-50 (the non-performance tire) dealt ice/snow like a champ.. my car was stuck in at lesat 3-4 inches of ice this AM.. Didn't even have to take the traction control off to get out of the spot.. minimal wheelspin..

thank god i bought 17inch+blizzak set.. i was beginning to wonder if my investment was shot cuz of the tropical winter we were having..