Atco, New Jersey

http://www.atcorace.com/directions.shtml

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed...+nj&country=us

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 12-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Full Northeast Meet in NJ???

Yea I think it would be cool ... it would be nice since those guys do a lot of modding and have a lot of parts first before the Gs. I think all non FWD VQs should be welcomed.

Crawford Plenum / Z tube + Stillen Hi-Flow / Borla Dual Exhaust / Stillen Xdrilled+Stotted Rotors
Best 1/4 mile 14.371 @ 100.29, 60ft 2.347

Old 12-04-2003, 01:56 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely, after the Z/G meet last month in CT, they got to come. I saw some bad a$$ modified Zs.
See my album here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288571333

If you ask me, I would invite them. Plus, the more the merrier.

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2003, 02:26 PM

More the merrier is right ...I agree with you guys and am looking along with jdking to get sponsorship for this meet. The tentative date that we are looking at is for saturday April 3rd or the following the 10th. I was thinking to have the meet before Easter.

<font color=red>A price paid in full for life eternal</font color=red>

Old 12-04-2003, 04:13 PM

Sounds perfect ill clear my calendar!!

Old 12-04-2003, 06:49 PM
G SQUAD

You guys confirm a date and I'm definitely in. Thats a cool location too...

Old 12-05-2003, 05:08 PM

Hey puli, sorry it took me so long to post here. As far as the Z guys go, I would definately invite them. All the Z guys I know are great people and VICS350 is helping me put a huge east coast meet together for next year. The last meet he put together there were 70 cars.

JDKING is Atco only a Drag or is it also a road course? Can we have an Autox in the parking lot? Can we have a car show in the Parking lot? Are there places to go for a cruise after the racing is over?

Also do any of you know of any road courses in New England? I'm trying to schedule a track day for later in the year.

As long as there is no snow on the ground in VT in April I am there.

G35C Blk, 6MT, Lthr, Aero, Prem

Old 12-07-2003, 01:42 PM

Id love to come I got my g in june and have always wanted to take it out to a track sounds like the perfect opportunity. Is this gonna cost anything and if so how much

Old 12-07-2003, 02:44 PM
G SQUAD

hey puli, any luck on the date and getting the track most importantly? let us know, gives me something to look forward to with all this snow thanks and take care

Old 12-07-2003, 09:42 PM

maybe sunday would be a better day for the meet does anyone agree.

Old 12-07-2003, 10:23 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't really matter to me, as long as it's sunny, and somewhat warm...;-)

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003, 08:01 AM

Sorry that it took me a while to reply to your posts. I was out of town and did not have online access. Anyway, the tentative date is for the 3rd of April. There probably would be a charge to use the Track and maybe an entrance fee basically for food and drinks. My next question is this - would you guys rather have just a northeast meet or let's all try and pool our resources with NTLOWNF to have an all out East Coast meet? Either way it's fine with me - more events that there are might be better but I'd like your input as well. Thanks.

<font color=red>A price paid in full for life eternal</font color=red>

Old 12-08-2003, 02:50 PM

It's great to hear so much enthusiasm about Northeast meets. My opinion is that we do both. I think we should consider a large Northeast meet for the summer and work together on this. You can still do an early April meet, however, my concern, is the weather. This year I went to a meet at the end of April and it was pretty chilly and it had rained the whole week before it thus reducing the number of cars we were expecting. Also, I remember constantly trying to avoid potholes and scraped sections of the highways that the DOT was working on. There was also some sand still on some roads.

We had a 350Z/G35 meet in July this year and we had over 75 cars come from all over the northeast. We had 4 cars from Canada, 1 from Florida, and many from NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, NH, ME, and VT.

The G35 Coupe was still fairly new at that time and we had 10 show as well as a couple of Sedans. I think if we work together we can have a meet next year with just about the same number of G35's as 350Z's which would be awesome.

This year we had trophies, free raffle prizes,a 50/50 raffle and then we all cruised to Lime Rock.

Our second meet this year involved a tuning day which NOTLOWNF attended and there we had cars being tuned and dynoed, clear film installations, Borla exhaust installation, etc. This was fun also.

I think a track day in April like Puli is organizing would be fun. I think it would be fun also to put together a summer meet. My feeling is that a summer meet will result in a much larger turnout as people love to drive their cars in the summer.

I would attend an April meet in NJ and I think that it would enable us to meet each other and discuss ideas for another meet in the summer for all of us to.

My question is whether it would be best to do a 1-day or a 2-day event for the summer meet. If we generate interest from people from far away, then a 2-day event would be the way to go.

Here are some options:
1) Saturday meet at a specific location and then drive to Lime Rock together to witness an event similar to Ferrari Racing Day. Sunday meet at a park with food, trophies, raffles, etc.

2) Saturday tuning day where we can all meet and have cars dynoed and tuned and people can see and/or have mods. done to their cars. We can then follow this up with a cruise. Sunday have a park meet with food, trophies, prizes, etc.

The above are just a few ideas. If you think a 1-day meet is better, we can try to figure out how much fun we can cram into one day.

Hope to see you all in April. Let's keep the ideas coming as I am looking forward to some fun meets next year.
Vic

Old 12-08-2003, 04:01 PM

I am game. I just got my '04 Coupe 2 weeks ago. Best purchase I have ever made.

2004 G35 Coupe Silver/Black Leather

Old 12-09-2003, 01:26 PM
G SQUAD

that really sounds great , you guys have to remember also that tracks such as e-town get booked early for other events such as summerslam, waterfest, and sport compact nationals. i agree last april was terrible maybe the last week in may or the first weekend of june. we can make it one huge meet for the whole east coast, just like when people drive to georgia for the nopi nats. doin what i can so we can all have a hell of a time keep all of us informed. later

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Full Northeast Meet in NJ???