NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Full Northeast Meet in NJ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Full Northeast Meet in NJ???

Just got off the phone with Atco.
They are starting to put their schedule together, and he said that the only way he can say for sure that we'll get the use of the dragstrip and parking lots(for autocross and show&shine) is to get enough participation to rent the whole facility.
He told me there is no way we can get a late May/Early June date unless we can guaranty a gate(spectators) to make it feasible to bump another annual customer.
So our original thought of April 17-18 might be more realistic, since the 11th is Easter.
I'll get more details on facility costs and such on Monday, 12/15.

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 12-11-2003, 11:14 AM

Sounds good...Once we get that date booked then we could start posting on other sites for the event. Most probably there would be two Northeast meets this year, the one that in Jersey and another one. I think that we should keep this one as a one day meet and the other as a two day since that would consist of all of the east coast. For the meet in April, we could do the show&shine in the parking lot and also the track. Thanks again jd for all the help.

<font color=red>A price paid in full for life eternal</font color=red>

Old 12-11-2003, 06:49 PM
G SQUAD

jd,if it can be done give it a shot in april. let s hope the weather cooperates.if possible, check e-town to just in case as a back up. cause you never know. thanks

Old 12-13-2003, 06:30 PM

I think it's a great idea to have two meets like vic and puli said. It looks like Atco will probably be a go. I'm still waiting to hear back about getting a road coarse or an autox for the summer meet.
I also think we should try to make the summer meet a 2 day meet. If any of you have any Autox or road course hookups let us know.

I do have one question though, If we make it a 2 day meet how far would you be willing to drive?

G35C Blk, 6MT, Lthr, Aero, Prem

Old 12-17-2003, 12:18 PM

Just got off the phone with Atco, it looks like the tack can be shared with the Junior dragsters, bikes, and a test & tune day on April 4th or the 25th. It is $15 per car.
He will let us have a show area and we can just pay like any other customer to use the strip. They will let us line up together so we can do head-to-head races, we'd just need to work with the test and tune guys and motorcycles. They usually don't get too many so it is not too bad.
These dates are Sundays so it might limit the turnout from people who have to travel more than 2-3 hours.
Atco raceway is about 2 hours from NYC if you drive the speed limit, about 1 hour from Philly, and about 1.5 hours from the Delaware Memorial Bridge if coming from the South.

If we really want to get a serious meet together, we need to act fast as there are a couple of dates we could get the whole weekend at $20,000 or a one day Saturday for $10,000. The regular price is $10,000 Saturday, $15,000 for Sundays, so a $5,000 discount for a 2-day affair.
We'd have to be really serious and get Nissan/Infiniti to throw some money at it, or some other big sponsors.
With the whole facility we could do a car show, drag race, and an autocross with no outsider interference at all.

That's the update. What next?

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 12-17-2003, 12:55 PM
G SQUAD

jd, i give you a lot of credit for your effort in getting this started, the ? i have is how much money do you feel we have to put in to get this started?do we pay the 15 per car?tell us cause this is sounding like your on the doorstep but need the key to get in lol thanks man later

Old 12-17-2003, 01:13 PM

If we just want to do an "unofficial" G35 meet we can show up, pay the $10-$15 dollar gate fee to get in and have our own parking area to do a car show, the gate fee will pay for the drags too.
If we want to do a serious gig, where we'd have the place for ourselves, we're talking $50 bucks a head for a one day 200 car effort. This is just a number I pulled out of my azz to illustrate how we'd pay $10,000 for a one day rental on a saturday.
Now, if we could get Infiniti involved somehow, that would be the ticket

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 12-17-2003, 02:28 PM
G SQUAD

jd, do you think 200 cars will show up?it might be a long shot. i think some of these guys will pay the 15 rather than the 50, not to mention what we ll go through to ask nissan/infiniti to dish out some$$$$. just my guess.maybe if we stick to a 15 dollar thing then there is a better shot of getting 200 or more people to come. thanks jd catch you later =)

Old 12-17-2003, 07:27 PM

Great job jd. I think for this go around the best thing to do would be the $15 plan and see how many cars do show. If we get a great turnout, you could discuss with everyone about doing something in 2005 where the whole track would be a Nissan/Infiniti event. You could even invite some of the older Nissan's to spur even more interest.

The fact that they will reserve an area just for us would be awesome and we could have a little fun and maybe award some prizes.

My plan for Connecticut is to have a tuning day in May (where there will be dyno pulls and mods. done to cars. Some of the mods. I will try to arrange for people to see being done will include exhaust systems, RT cats, UR pulley, clear film, etc.).

I then will be working on a show meet for July like we did this year. We've tossed around some ideas and I will hope to have some more information to post within the next month.

Looks like next year will be a fun year for meets. We have people from MA, PA, and VT that want to hold meets as well so we can be looking at going to one meet a month next year which should be alot of fun.

Let me know that date you decide to go with and I will help spread the word through the 350Z community.

Thanks for your efforts.
Vic

Old 12-18-2003, 01:11 AM
G SQUAD

yea I agree that we should start with the $15.00 dollar thing and then work from there to make a bigger and better one for 2005. Props to you though for all that research and sh8t

Old 12-18-2003, 03:15 AM

Thanks JDKing I also think the $15 is the way to go this year. It would be great to have a place to park by ourselves. Maybe as part of the event we could get a couple caravans to drive down to Atco together.

Old 12-18-2003, 09:17 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Maybe as part of the event we could get a couple caravans to drive down to Atco together."

Now we are talking...;-)
I too think the $15 is a better bet.

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2003, 11:13 AM

Hold the phone!!
I've got a couple of irons in the fire yet, let's see if I can pound something out of them.

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

Old 12-18-2003, 11:27 AM

If you need anything let us know.

Old 12-19-2003, 11:58 AM

I need help with a proposal, please email me at john@dominiontitleservices.com and use G35 in the subject, thanks.

JD
2003.5 Coupe, Blk/Blk

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Full Northeast Meet in NJ???