NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Full Northeast Meet in NJ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 12:22 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Full Northeast Meet in NJ???

Puli the meet point locations sound great. I agree, we should have two pick up points on the turnpike.

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2004, 03:02 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah sounds great let s do it that way . we could all meet at some point on the turnpike.another way to tell who everyone is , is by having your headlights on so people recognize the caravan and jump in behind us.even though i m sure they ll know by all the g35 s and 350z s<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by njsfastestg on 01/17/04 12:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-17-2004, 07:18 PM

Just to make things a little more interesting, Daking350Z is putting together a 1/4 mile challenge. Here is the link

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...175#post625175

G35C Blk, 6MT, Lthr, Aero, Prem

Old 01-17-2004, 07:40 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

notlownf, put it on FA too.... you know... to bump things up...[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

From some reason, that post over there hasn't been receiving too much of attention....
We don't want to be outnumbered by the Zs, now do we...

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2004, 08:19 PM

Chris, that link isn't working. I think you need to remove the part where you have "#post.......

This meet is going to be fun and the challenge being put forth is for the fastest 1/4 mile time of the day for two NA and two FI G35/350Z cars.

There will be two trophies for each class. There will also be a financial prize so anyone interested in this challenge would be asked to contribute $25 if you're NA and $45 if you have FI. Please note that this money is separate from the entrance fee to the park. $5 of this money will go towards the trophies and Krispy Kreme donuts for everyone to enjoy. The balance of the money will be distributed as 75% going to the 1st Place winner and 25% to the second place winner in each class.

If anyone is interested in participating in this challenge, please post here. Sometime in February a list will be started for those interested in this and information will be given as to who the money should be sent to.

It's going to be alot of fun seeing lots of G35's and 350Z's together.
Vic

Old 01-17-2004, 09:34 PM

If you cut and paste the link it works. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to fix it

I would actually prefer the people that are interested contact Daking350 directly. If you need his contact info PM me and I can give it to you.

G35C Blk, 6MT, Lthr, Aero, Prem

Old 01-19-2004, 12:02 AM

ah yeah, g35 tones early in the morning going down the turnpike would be nice. im in.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by wikkid_g on 01/18/04 09:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-19-2004, 03:18 AM

If anyone is coming from farther north than westchester, ny send me a PM. I'd like to consider going but it's a long drive from up here and I really dont know where the track is.

'04 Red/willow 5a, all but navi

Old 01-19-2004, 06:45 AM

There will be caravans coming from CT, NY/LI, Northern NJ, and Central NJ. The meeting points and times will be posted a few weeks before the actual meet. Look forward to meeting everybody.
Vic

Old 01-19-2004, 03:24 PM
G SQUAD

puli, jdking, i just got back from ray catena infiniti and the service manager took down my logon name to see what can be done, it s outta my hands now but , not expecting a response on the sponsorship. i tried. let s stick to what we got going anyway.catch you guys later : ) <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by njsfastestg on 01/19/04 12:26 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-20-2004, 09:22 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

It looks like the meet point for the northern NJ turnpike caravan will not be Exit 16W (Meadowlands Sports Complex) after all, simply because there are toll booths when you get back on the highway. Since some of us might not have EZ-Pass tags, there is a good chance that some people might end up stuck in the cash lanes and the caravan will get split.
The new location will be the first rest area after the first toll booths on the EASTERN spur (the one closer to the Manhattan side). To get there, simply follow the signs to the "Lincoln Tunnel" (Eastern Spur). Once you are on the eastern spur, you will pass one Rest Area - that's NOT the one. Continue down the turnpike for few miles until you hit the first toll booths. Once you are passed the tolls, there will be a second rest area - that's the one ! I will try to find some more accurate directions, but as of now, that's the best I can do.

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2004, 07:09 PM

The Connecticut caravan will start at the Mobil gas station on Exit 21 off Route 91. If you're coming down 91 South it will be right in front of you when you get off Exit 21. If you getting off on the northbound side, you will turn right at the light after you get off Exit 21 and the Mobil will be ahead on your left.

We will then make a stop at the last rest stop in Connecticut which is just after Exit 10 on Route 95 South in Stamford.

There is going to be a group waiting for our Connecticut caravan at ATX Motorsport in Bergenfield, NJ (the address is 65 Woodbine Avenue). It's supposedly only 5 minutes away from the GW Bridge and thus a good meeting spot for anyone coming from that far up northern Jersey or coming down from either NY or CT. I think this would be a good stop for everyone to meet at as we won't have any toll problems there.

My other suggestion would be to set up another meeting spot stop down the NJ Turnpike South at the Joyce Kilmer rest area just after Exit 9 (just after where the express and local lanes converge).
Vic<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by vics350 on 01/20/04 05:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 01-20-2004, 08:53 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

Vic, the NJ meet points have been set:

1) first rest area after the toll booths on the eastern spur.
2) the first rest area south the exit 13 if I'm not mistaken

Old 01-21-2004, 07:12 AM

I don't think our group will be able to stop at that first meeting point in NJ as we have a group already that will be stopping at ATX in Bergenfield so we'll have to meet up further down. Right now I have about 10 cars set up in the CT caravan and we will probably have around 20 when all is said and done and we expect to meet up with at least 10 more cars at ATX.

I don't know the stop you are referring to after Exit 13. The only problem with the exits on the NJ Turnpike are that if you have members coming down the Parkway they won't get on the Turnpike until around Exit 10 which is why the Joyce Kilmer rest area just after Exit 9 seemed convenient.
Vic

Old 01-21-2004, 09:16 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA

Vic, I'll be probably riding you down with you anyways. I will be meeting you at the Exit 10 gas station on the 95 in CT. I'm not familiar with the other exit that is further down (pass exit 13) on NJ turnpike.
That meet point was set by the NY/LI/Brkln people that will be coming from the VZ bridge. I just pointed out that there will be people waiting at certain points, as they already set them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Full Northeast Meet in NJ???