NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Jillians dress code?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Jillians dress code?

We took a friend from out of town into Boston last night, and descided to do a little bowling at Jillians (lucky strike bowling I think). Any ways, it's a tuesday night and the place is empty. We get to the door, and the bouncer says to my friend "are those boots? sorry man, can't let you in"

I'm like, wtf? We are going bowling....you know....the sport where you take off your shoes and put on bowling shoes? And seriously...it's tuesday!

We just went in through tequila rain and walked upstairs Later on they came by and asked my same friend to take off his hat.... ok, I've been going to Jillians for a while, but whats up with the strict enforcement?

Old 03-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jackets and Ties required are next .....

Old 03-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Whats happening is the bouncers are taking safety precautions. They say to remove hats because most gangs in Boston are named after sports teams (ie: Orchard Park Trailblazers, Heath St is known as the Heat, Greenwood St Packers, Franklin Hill Giants and so on) So they don't want to risk any gang activity in the establishment. As for the boots everytime there would be a fight in Jillians someone would end up getting stomped so they banned double soled Timberlands, Doc Martins and any other shoe with a thick sole.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i remember when they first opened they use to have a sign that said "NO MC COLORS" this was back in the FRESH PRINCE & TLC dayz.... ... wow its been a while since gangs use football jackets to show their gangs. those were the dayz.. LENOX held it down and CASTLEGATE too...

Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 AM
I actually grew up in the "L". I kind of know a lot of people from everywhere. What part of Boston are you from KillerLex?
Originally Posted by killerlexus
i remember when they first opened they use to have a sign that said "NO MC COLORS" this was back in the FRESH PRINCE & TLC dayz.... ... wow its been a while since gangs use football jackets to show their gangs. those were the dayz.. LENOX held it down and CASTLEGATE too...

Old 03-14-2007, 12:00 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
they do it because their management makes them...and they have this dress code for a reason...Lansdowne street used to be really bad a couple years ago.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:06 PM

i use to be on lansdown street a few years ago every weekend, what was so bad abt it

Old 03-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't think it was that bad? I've been going to lansdowne street for many years (concerts, bars, etc). I miss the 'video game' room at Jillians, lol

Also we had just come from work, so it's not like we were dressed like chumps

Old 03-14-2007, 12:10 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by Scootch
i use to be on lansdown street a few years ago every weekend, what was so bad abt it
fight EVERY friday and Sat night, people getting stabbed, shot.....I had a guy stabbed not 2 feet away from me. No offence Joe, but if you're not from Boston, you don't know the kind of **** that used to go down on Lansdowne. Ask Eric....

Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Ok, granted I saw a lot of fights...but you're acting like the place was in the middle of roxbury

Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 PM

rofl first of all u dont know me like that to make assumtions man

2nd of all i grew up in revere which is close enough and worse then ur nice cossy beacon hill apt

and the dam BBC in Saugus/Madlen line had the same problems, its not just boston man ist the whole world.. fights happen at schools,bars,clubs,streets,homes, it happneing all over lol like mad said its not liek this place in roxbury or dot

lol boston people think there all hard when in fact ..................

Old 03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Boston was a mess back then. Every club night something bad would go down. From people getting mugged to people being stabbed and shot. The crime rate in that area which is known as the Back Bay/Fens (Fenway) was crazy. Also because of the club environment there was a lot of drug dealing. When extacy was introduced the club scene really got bad.
Originally Posted by 617G
fight EVERY friday and Sat night, people getting stabbed, shot.....I had a guy stabbed not 2 feet away from me. No offence Joe, but if you're not from Boston, you don't know the kind of **** that used to go down on Lansdowne. Ask Eric....

Old 03-14-2007, 12:23 PM
When I lived in roxbury, my neighbor once threw his mother out a window (two stories up), and when she managed to hold on he then shot her.

F'ing happened 100 feet from where I slept, I became a witness even though I didn't see anything. Not to be gross, but I learned something else...the fire department is responsible for 'cleaning up'....they more or less hosed off the building

I moved out very soon after that....I've played soccer in dorchester, and I bet that is worse. Closest I lived to malden was medford, and it wasn't great..but wasn't too bad

Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
rofl first of all u dont know me like that to make assumtions man

2nd of all i grew up in revere which is close enough and worse then ur nice cossy beacon hill apt

and the dam BBC in Saugus/Madlen line had the same problems, its not just boston man ist the whole world.. fights happen at schools,bars,clubs,streets,homes, it happneing all over lol like mad said its not liek this place in roxbury or dot
i'm not going to have this argument with you again Joe..i was talking SPECIFICLY about Lansdowne, not anywhere else. If you're telling me that you used to hang out there a few years back and it wasn't bad, then you have no idea what you're talking about.

What I SAID, was if you're not from Boston and don't chill in Boston all the time and know the people here, then you don't know the kind of **** that happens that doesn't make the news. Lansdowne was bad...REALLY bad, and if you don't agree then you must have been blind.

lol boston people think there all hard when in fact .................
you're a big man online Joe....

Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 PM
What's wrong with Roxbury ...j/k But all jokes aside Chef Roxbury is right next door to the club scene. It's funny if, you look at where NorthEastern University is on the Huntington Ave side along with the Museum of Fine Arts and Wentworth Institute you will probally think "wow this is safe and civilized....not because if you walk to Ruggles Station or Mass Ave Station, which is not even a 1/4 mile you are right in the "hood".
Originally Posted by madchef
Ok, granted I saw a lot of fights...but you're acting like the place was in the middle of roxbury

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jillians dress code?