NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Northern Virginia (NoVA) Washing, Maintenance, and Tinting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Northern Virginia (NoVA) Washing, Maintenance, and Tinting

To all the people out there that are familiar with or live in the NoVA/DC area, I have a couple of questions.

-Do you have any recommendations for where to get our G37's tinted and how strict they are on the 50% visible light (front side) laws?

-I'm new to the area and don't have a mechanic that I can trust yet -- I'm looking for someone for just routine work (I guess for after the warranty expires)

-Also looking for someone for (Heaven forbid) body work if something were to ever happen to my car.

-Do you know any place around here that sells/installs the ClearBra? I certainly intend to get it ASAP unless someone knows a reason that I should not.

-Where do you all get your cars washed (if you don't do it yourself)? With these beautiful new 19" rims and athens blue paint, I want to make sure it get's taken care of... :-)

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by tmartin316; 08-21-2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Sorry for the wrong forum - thought G37 trumped location
Old 07-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tmartin316
To all the people out there that are familiar with or live in the NoVA/DC area, I have a couple of questions.

-Do you have any recommendations for where to get our G37's tinted and how strict they are on the 50% visible light (front side) laws?

-I'm new to the area and don't have a mechanic that I can trust yet -- I'm looking for someone for just routine work (I guess for after the warranty expires)

-Also looking for someone for (Heaven forbid) body work if something were to ever happen to my car.

-Do you know any place around here that sells/installs the ClearBra? I certainly intend to get it ASAP unless someone knows a reason that I should not.

-Where do you all get your cars washed (if you don't do it yourself)? With these beautiful new 19" rims and athens blue paint, I want to make sure it get's taken care of... :-)

Thanks in advance!!
Hey there,

Welcome to the NOVA area. I have a G35 but am familiar with a few of these things. Theres a place in manassass called L.A. Tint that does clear bra (and tint obviously). I have 20% all around on my g35 and haven't had any problems. Cops usually pull you over if you have 35% but i hear they will nail you for it if you have 20% so I dont recommend it. Also, L.A. Tint uses LLumar tint which is pretty good quality, unless you decide to get Huper Optik tint which gets pretty pricey.

I don't really know who/where to refer you to in terms of body and mechanic work because I havnt really had any experiences in that field since my G just finished warranty and I usually do oil changes myself.

Embassy auto wash is really good for washing cars but if you plan on lowering then they wont let you drive it through the wash.

Good Luck!

The following users liked this post:
cusefan44 (07-24-2011)
Old 07-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone in NOVA live in or been to the foxchase apts the last few days? i saw a blue g35 on monday...just wondering lol

Old 07-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Post in the National G Club section and you will get more responses.