NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

good dealership and body shop near/in boston?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good dealership and body shop near/in boston?

Hey guys, does anyone know of any good Infiniti dealers in Boston? Herb Chambers wayyy overcharges and they're not very customer friendly. I was also looking for a good body shop, I'm looking to replace my midpipe but all the places that I've stopped by are charging me at least $50, when there have been members getting it done for $30 in 15 minutes. Any suggestions??

Old 08-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Herb Chambers not very friendly....hmmm who were you talking to? Well you can always try Infiniti of Norwood for the techs over there are cool too. As far as finding a place to replace the midpipe for 30.00 I am not to sure about that but you can always try a few local shops in your area. Where are you located at?

Old 08-21-2007, 11:10 AM
i actually live right next door to herb chambers haha. They're just really busy so they don't really seem to want to help someone out unless they're really willing to pay and give them business. They're pretty pricey on what they do as well =T

Old 08-21-2007, 11:13 AM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
^^That's what happens when you have a dealership in the middle of Boston....but the service manager has always been good to me

As for the midpipe, do you have a coupe or sedan?

Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when i was buying my G i originally went to HC but they started pissin me off and givin me a headache. So went to Kelly Inf in Danvers. They were cool.
as for the mid pipe. you wanna save money? do it yourself. I paid $5 to a hobby shop for tool/space usage and did my whole exhaust myself.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:53 PM
I have a sedan, and I'd like to do it myself, but I don't know where I'd be able to find a place that would let me rent the tools/space/car jack. If anyone knows of a place like that near boston, that'd be awesome haha.

Old 08-21-2007, 02:06 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
^^try g3

PM gqong

Old 08-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Read my sig!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:01 PM
I just got my car back from Herb Chambers yesterday. They told me they replaced my front pads and resurfaced the rotors, fixed my alignment (wheel must always be tilted a little right to go straight), and fixed the U joint in my front driver's side wheel (felt clicking in steering wheel when turning left). Additionally, I got the 30k maintenance done... total out the door was 1150!! (Pricey!)

Of all those things, the only things I believe them about are the brakes. My car still goes slightly to the left if the wheel is straight (they charged me 100 bucks for the alignment to be fixed, and it did NOTHING). Additionally, the damn wheel is still clicking when I turn left!!

So here I am, 1150 bucks poorer and all I really got was some new pads in the front and a glorified oil change! (30k maintenance my ***!) I'm pissed to say the least.

Additionally, I drove with them the first day I took it in to show them the creaks and squeaks it was making, as well as a CLUNK that happens after driving for a couple seconds on a cold start (even giving the vehicle some time to warm up). Guy noticed all the noises while I was in the car with him, then writes on the repair sheet that he heard nothing and didn't even try to fix it.

Going back tomorrow to get this worked out...

Old 09-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Oh, and sorry for the long post, guys. I just needed to vent.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:48 AM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
talk to Nigel, the service manager, and tell him Andy sent you. He should be able to make things right. If not, let me know.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks Andy. Got my car back from Herb Chambers a couple days ago. Nigel took care of everything I asked. This was a much better experience than before, and definitely changed my opinion of their service department. However, I noticed a new rattle showed up in my left vent, and suddenly my cruise control doesn't work any more. I might try out Kelly Infiniti since it's somewhat close to my job.

Again, thanks a bunch.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:04 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by bmsweatt
Thanks Andy. Got my car back from Herb Chambers a couple days ago. Nigel took care of everything I asked. This was a much better experience than before, and definitely changed my opinion of their service department. However, I noticed a new rattle showed up in my left vent, and suddenly my cruise control doesn't work any more. I might try out Kelly Infiniti since it's somewhat close to my job.

Again, thanks a bunch.
Cool! Glad everything worked out (well, for the most part at least)