NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Richmond/ Tri-Cities, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richmond/ Tri-Cities, VA

I was just wondering about how many members we had in the area and hoping maybe we could toss some recommendations back and forth on shops and such.

I live out in Chester and was looking for a place to get some mods done as I don't trust myself in the least to do them. A friend just had a horrible experience with RPM. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Dreamz in Motion or Audio One or even had another recommendation.

Also, for anyone interested Sunday, March 9th is the first VMSC autocross meet and it will be in Dinwiddie at the Va Motorsports Park NOT at RIR.

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2008, 06:42 PM
I am in Richmond. What kind of work are you looking to get done on your car? Also if possible you should come out to the starbucks meet on Fridays. I havnt been in a while since my supra is down but can always take the G up there.
Starbucks Coffee
5001 Huguenot Rd
Richmond, VA 23226, US

Old 02-25-2008, 08:34 PM
is this the same as the meets the Z guys have in short pump? not too sure of the whole area, i was just going to be in richmond thursday and maybe the weekend as well.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by jojolmnop
is this the same as the meets the Z guys have in short pump? not too sure of the whole area, i was just going to be in richmond thursday and maybe the weekend as well.
no it isnt. this meet used to be on broad st. but it got too much attention so they moved it to this location

Old 02-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by suprajjang
I am in Richmond. What kind of work are you looking to get done on your car? Also if possible you should come out to the starbucks meet on Fridays. I havnt been in a while since my supra is down but can always take the G up there.
Starbucks Coffee
5001 Huguenot Rd
Richmond, VA 23226, US
I have a friend who runs a Nissan shop up in Ashland and really isn't interested in doing much 'mod' work other than maybe slapping a set of Brembo's on or something. My 6 month plan is intake, shocks/springs/sways, MREV2/Spacer, and maybe paint. I probably wont do any of the work myself as I know very little about mechanics... Also, I backed out of the garage 2 days after I bought my G and clipped the minivan. I have 2 quarter sized dents near the rear wheel well I need to get fixed also. All of this being said, I was just in the market for a good shop I could trust and set up a relationship with for future work.

And what time are the meets? What type of crowd? Admittedly, I'm a rather boring 33 year old with my third child on the way and my wife has me on a short leash. I may try to make it out to a meet though when I can!

Old 02-25-2008, 10:54 PM
people start showing up around 8 and most people end up leaving around 10. Every time I went I would see a lotus, couple rx-7, 350Z, evos, STI's and so on. Its really just people getting together to get coffee and so on. Also another reason why i like this one is because there is no stupidity going on. You wont see people revving the crap out of their engines, doing burnouts etc...

Old 02-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Yeah I agree with Supra, I went a couple weeks ago and everyone was chill and mature

Old 03-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Ill be at starbucks this friday night. Hope to see you there!