NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

ATCO Meet Attendees, Volunteers, etc. - THANK YOU!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATCO Meet Attendees, Volunteers, etc. - THANK YOU!

Aside from the little rain and chilly temperature in the afternoon, the meet was a SUCCESS!

I gotta start by thanking the G35 group who really started this meet. Also, there was an "ATCO Committee" that worked very hard in the background to make sure everything went well. I know everyone wanted more runs but maybe a meet like this will help generate the interest we need to in the future be able to get a track day all to ourselves.

Here's a summary of who I'd like to thank:

ATTENDEES - Of course! Without you there is no meet. I wanted to count the number of cars but got busy with the raffles and then the rain screwed me all up. People I talked to estimated around 250 cars. Post some numbers if you did a general count.

DONATING VENDORS/INDIVIDUALS - Without these donations we wouldn't have been able to raffle off the over $4000 worth of items we had. Here are their names again:

- PERFORMANCE NISSAN/WESTBURY NISSAN/SMITHTOWN NISSAN
- EVO-R
- ZEE-TOYZ/PITHON DESIGN
- MRC MOTORSP0RTS
- ATX MOTORSPORTS
- ROUTE 23 FORD/NISSAN
- Z-1 PERFORMANCE
- THE AUTOMASTER.COM
- ZAINO
- MOTHERS
- GRIP VIDEO
- EAST COAST "Z" STYLE
- 350ZZZZ
- SPYDR
- PULI
- VICS350
- ANYONE2U

BANNERS - Thanks to Rick aka Spydr for donation those awesome banners. I will be hanging one up in my garage.

T-SHIRT(S) BUYERS - Thanks to all that purchased t-shirts. We've sold 42 t-shirts thusfar which is great. I will be keeping the t-shirt store open until the end of this month so you still have a chance to buy one and save it as a memento. Remember that the profit earned goes to charity. Here's the link again:
www.cafeshops.com/vicmar90

RAFFLE TICKET BUYERS - Thanks to all that purchased raffle tickets. At ATCO we sold $710 worth of tickets. We probably would've done better if I had gotten the tickets to ATCO earlier. My bad. Gerald will add this figure to the online ticket purchases and we will then add the t-shirt profits and post the sum total that will go to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

CARAVAN MEMBERS - Thanks to all that organized and those that joined the caravans. I don't know how many cars were in the other caravans but in the one that started in CT had at least 50 cars that I counted when we left the Thomas Edison rest stop. The caravan rides are always great fun.

ATCO - I know they limited the number of racers and people wanted to get more runs in but we had no control over that. They were generous enough to give us a nice parking area and a discount. We'll have to work on getting a track day just for us and our friends.

ATCO COMMITTEE - As mentioned above. There were 12-14 members that were a combination of 350Z/G35 owners.

So who had the best times? Correct me if I'm wrong or let us know yours if you're proud of it.

FORCED INDUCTION:
Daking350 - 12.75
Spydr - 13.10

NORMALLY ASPIRATED:
j's350z - 13.48
Edubbzz - 13.10 (Nitrous)

So when's the next meet? Funny you should ask, the next big meet will be in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Now, before you say that's too far away keep in mind that we had at least 15 cars at ATCO from CT plus some cars from Massachusetts, Canada, etc. Going to the Cape should be a fun ride.

We will have a caravan starting in Stamford, CT so anyone from NY/NJ interested in coming can join that group. Here's the link to that meet:

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthr...20&pagenumber=1

Right now there are almost 40 cars coming so this should be another good one. Come and join us!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.350zconnect.com][color:"red"]350Z Connect[/color></a>