NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Speeding ticket in New Jersey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:26 PM
acr
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Speeding ticket in New Jersey

I got a speeding ticket in NJ about a week ago for doing 50 in a 30. It was a brief lapse in judgement, but I guess the cop was there at the right time. I think the fine is $200 for the speeding, then a $35 charge for there being light traffic (not sure about this one, ticket wasn't filled out very clearly).

I want to fight this ticket. Anyone heard of New Jersey Speeding Tickets? (link: http://www.newjerseytraffictickets.u...FQukHgod2HF_DA )

I'll already be back in school by the time I have a court date, and that firm will go to court without me.

here's what happened: I had just left my friend's house, and was making a right turn onto Hanover. As far as I could see, there were no speed limits posted from where I made the turn to where I was pulled over.
Link to speed trap: http://www.speedtrap.org/speed-traps/view/53413

Do I have a legitimate chance of getting the ticket reduced/dismissed? I'm a Maryland resident who has no experience with NJ traffic law. The lawyer will cost $450, which is more than the ticket, but certainly worth it if the ticket disappears.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aiite bro, I got caught on route 4 in bergen county, nj.
Which is where i reside anyways, I don't think you have a choice dude...
Lol... NJ is REALLY strict when it comes to speeding. Luckily it was my first time getting caught speeding +18mph ty brembo's or I would've been clocked @ 90 instead of 68. I had to pay 349 to get 0 points on my license and it was my first offense. I think in NJ we get 2-3 chances meaning we can pay off the tickets. It sucks that you live in MD, you probably have to go though or you'll be wanted by NJ cops and that won't be pretty!
Let me know how it goes!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 AM
btw the determing factor will most likely be how many times you've already gotten tickets. I hope this is your first cause if not, your screwed either way. $$$$$$ will come out of your wallet. GG, don't speed next time. All your money is gonee

Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. But honestly, you have no way around it but to pay up. I've been living in NJ my whole life. You MAY get it reduced a bit, but you will still have to pay some dough and show up in court (if there was a summons to court). Being that I am about to become a police officer in NJ (Wall Township), I am aware that it is pretty tough to fight speeding tickets in NJ. Just pay it and be on your way. A lawyer won't ddo too much. Maybe knock the fine down a bit, but IMHO, it's not worth it.

I actually just got pulled over yesterday for the first time in 6 years or so for doing 49 in a 25. Luckly, my fiances father is a chief at a local police station so I swapped out the PBA family member card and I was on my way. However, he took the card since I was going so fast... boo. Oh well, already got a new PBA card from his last night lol.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by g35freak86
Sorry to hear that man. But honestly, you have no way around it but to pay up. I've been living in NJ my whole life. You MAY get it reduced a bit, but you will still have to pay some dough and show up in court (if there was a summons to court). Being that I am about to become a police officer in NJ (Wall Township), I am aware that it is pretty tough to fight speeding tickets in NJ. Just pay it and be on your way. A lawyer won't ddo too much. Maybe knock the fine down a bit, but IMHO, it's not worth it.

I actually just got pulled over yesterday for the first time in 6 years or so for doing 49 in a 25. Luckly, my fiances father is a chief at a local police station so I swapped out the PBA family member card and I was on my way. However, he took the card since I was going so fast... boo. Oh well, already got a new PBA card from his last night lol.
I respect police officers greatly.
After I get done with BCC I was going to go to John Jay or go to the Marines then become an officer in palisades park(my town). Can you give me some information about becoming an officer? I heard from others that you can go to a police academy for 4-5 months then you get hired. Is this true? Seems like such a short time.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:01 PM
^ PM'd

Old 01-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by g35freak86

Welcome to the brotherhood bro, im otj with PAPD oh yeah dont forget about that aero kit we discussed, the tails are looking good too lol.

As for the OP NJ courts are very very cop friendly the coviction rate on movers is probably 95%. The officers can make 10 mistakes on the summons all he/she has to do is amend it and its still good as long as the judge knows what the officer was going to write. Im in NJ courts for movers at least 5 to 6 times a month. Now had you gotta that ticket in NYC is probably would get dismissed again your best bet get the lawyer, pay some dough and not get any points on your license. Good luck

Old 01-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by G35Whippin
Welcome to the brotherhood bro, im otj with PAPD oh yeah dont forget about that aero kit we discussed, the tails are looking good too lol.
lol hey man. Glad the tails are lookin good! Don't worry, the m3 lip spoiler and aero kit are all yours. I'll keep you posted when they are coming off.