NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Boston/Southern NH: Town Fair Tire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Boston/Southern NH: Town Fair Tire

I'm in the market for some new T1-R's for my summer rims and this place seems to have the best price around for them.

Has anyone had good/bad experience with them? I need to have the tires mounted & balanced on my aftermarket rims with TPMS's. I would most likely go to Salem, NH to save on sales tax .

Thanks

Old 02-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
yeh I went to townfair in everett they had good prices they price matched bj's and gave a extra 15% hope that helps

Old 02-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have gone to TFT in Natick several times now and though there's a bunch of young kids there, they have been good.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I've heard really good things about TFT, but had a few too many bad experiences. I got my winter set through the Everett location. I drove half a block before I realized they didn't put any air in my new tires. A month later I had to have a tire replaced (damn you pot holes... that's another long story) and they didn't put my TPMS on properly causing a slow leak.

I don't think you can beat the prices, but just double check their work...

Old 02-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
These guys are decent. However you can also check out a place called Fast Track in Peabody, MA that does some stellar work as well.

http://www.fastrackservice.com/

Old 02-20-2009, 09:14 AM
i went to town fair in salem NH, sofar so good. nothing to complain about.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Sweet, thanks for the tips/feedback guys.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:03 PM
moe
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TFT in Natick has been good for me. I usually bring my rims down w/o my cars, but if you bring your car, sit near the window to make sure the noobs dont go and do donuts in the lot.

They had a regular crew for a few yrs, but now the techs are all new faces. Usually a nice bunch of guys, they give me mad props for my rides and no dirty looks, which is rare

Old 04-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Well....

I ended up getting my tires thru TFT in Salem, NH. The good news is they were able to match the price I was quoted from TD4L.com. The bad news is my wife went & picked them up for me as I couldn't make it there and I made the mistake of not telling her to visually inspect them when picking them up. They F'd up the face of 2 of my rims pretty bad...some random scratches on them now, but even worse, there are four (4) square contact points on the face of the lip edge which are etched into the freakin' rim. .

Any suggestions on the best way to take this up with them? My receipt says for all comments, compliments or complaints to contact their president in East Haven, CT. Or should I reach out to the guy @ the desk who helped me first? My concern is I don't have any visual proof/picts of the exact condition they were dropped off in.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Old 04-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
That sucks!!!

This is why I'm so hesitant to have the TPMS taken out of my stocks and placed into my winter wheels.
I'm freaked out about someone messing up my wheels.

I actually put my OEMs on before bringing the car to the dealer, if they're doing any work requiring the removal of the wheels.
I just don't trust them.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:10 PM
When I had issues with TFT in Everett, MA I emailed custservice@townfair.com . The first time they gave me $50 and the second time $25.

When I went back to get my T1Rs put back on, I had a similar issue where it looks like they just missed the hole all together with the air wrench and scuffed the hell out of my rims. They also broke one of my TPMS. I have yet to have a good experience with TFT and at this rate would rather pay dealership prices to not have to deal with them ever again.

Soooo long story short, I emailed: custservice@townfair.com

hope that helps.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks Jester...though my problem will cost much more than $75 to fix. I forget what rimpro quoted me to get some curb rash off my rims, but it wasn't cheap. I'm going to take some picts & email them or call. It kills me that a place like that that SELLS aftermarket wheels wouldn't freaking know the proper way to handle and install tires on them!? What the F is up with that?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:37 AM
I recently had the same thing happen with my wife's Audi. It wasn't at TFT, so its not completely relevant. It was at Sullivan Tire. I didn't discover it for a few days, but when I called the manager he asked me to bring the car in for him to look. Upon seeing the damage, he immediately offered to replace one of the wheels and buff out the other two that were scratched, no hassle. Maybe if you contact the store manager at TFT and calmly but firmly tell him you're not happy you'll have similar luck.