NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Anyone had experience buying G35 Coupe from Dedham AutoMall, MA or Automax Preown MA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
If you are looking to buy a used coupe and have good service I would recomend Herb Chambers. Go in there and talk to Scott Kelley. He's a reall good person.
Thanks Hi Tech G
After reading about people's experiences with the other used car dealers, I am trying to stay with the infiniti (or other main brand dealers)

The name of the salesman who assisted me was Uby.
Mark Abruzzi(?) was the other person who talked to me. He takes care of trade in cars and buys cars from the Nissan Auctions..

I will try to look for Scott. However since i talked to Uby, i am not sure if its rude to jump to another salesman

Old 03-23-2009, 12:12 AM
moe
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol at the supposed manager in the background shouting. They always play the sympathy card when you beat em up on trade plus cash/finance. So what if they barely break even on a deal sales-slime deserve to get pwned, once if not often or always hehe

Old 03-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but I also had a pretty bad experience with AutoMax in Frammingham. They tried to sell me a pretty beaten up coupe. On the bright side, I used their price in negotiation when I ended up buying my coupe from a dealer.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:45 AM
I purchased my 04 DG coupe from Automax Framingham in August of 2008. I cant really say I had much problems with them. I went in, found my car bought it. Only thing I got done so far was break pads and resurfaced rotors, which they made me pay at their cost.

BUT: I NEVER received my navigation disk, and this will be my 3rd time calling them tomorrow. Oh it's going to be fun!

Old 03-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by shockedimpy
I purchased my 04 DG coupe from Automax Framingham in August of 2008. I cant really say I had much problems with them. I went in, found my car bought it. Only thing I got done so far was break pads and resurfaced rotors, which they made me pay at their cost.

BUT: I NEVER received my navigation disk, and this will be my 3rd time calling them tomorrow. Oh it's going to be fun!

Thats funny I also got a 04 DG from them but in July of 2008. I didnt recieve a spar key so I called them like 5 times because they said they "might" have it GL with gettin the cd, I never got the key.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Stay away from automax.. I wish I had seen this thread earlier..

I bought an 06 red coupe 6mt with 22k miles on it on 04/08. I am in RI so I had to jump through hoops to get it inspected it was 4/24 by the time I could pick it up.(their fault) they said they'd put new tires on the front... fix some minor chips in the front, and get me a remote key..

They did the tires, didn't touch the front, and haven't seen my key yet..

Best part is yet to come.. FAILED INSPECTION today due to a bad oxygen sensor and has valvetrain clicking... and it's difficult to get into 2nd gear when cold.. i've put 500 miles on it since i bought it. My mechanic is not a dealer, but he's had 6 VQs in the last week... he said the lifter/valvetrain noise is nowhere near normal...
I called service today and they said they'd get back to me.. They didn't. I'll keep everyone posted.. but this could be the beginning of a nightmare.

I got lulled into thinking they might not be scumbags because of the size of the dealership, the LOW mileage of the car, and the fact that they seem to deal in "only nice cars"... wrong.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
wow I'm sorry that had happened to you hopefully you get things resolved, this makes me worried about my car.

Originally Posted by ElTorpedo
Stay away from automax.. I wish I had seen this thread earlier..

I bought an 06 red coupe 6mt with 22k miles on it on 04/08. I am in RI so I had to jump through hoops to get it inspected it was 4/24 by the time I could pick it up.(their fault) they said they'd put new tires on the front... fix some minor chips in the front, and get me a remote key..

They did the tires, didn't touch the front, and haven't seen my key yet..

Best part is yet to come.. FAILED INSPECTION today due to a bad oxygen sensor and has valvetrain clicking... and it's difficult to get into 2nd gear when cold.. i've put 500 miles on it since i bought it. My mechanic is not a dealer, but he's had 6 VQs in the last week... he said the lifter/valvetrain noise is nowhere near normal...
I called service today and they said they'd get back to me.. They didn't. I'll keep everyone posted.. but this could be the beginning of a nightmare.

I got lulled into thinking they might not be scumbags because of the size of the dealership, the LOW mileage of the car, and the fact that they seem to deal in "only nice cars"... wrong.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by DG_coupe
wow I'm sorry that had happened to you hopefully you get things resolved, this makes me worried about my car.
I finally got ahold of my salesperson and he was pissed that the service writer hasn't called me back.. I guess the service manager is on vacation and the servicewriter needs his authorization.. so instead of telling me he needed more info.. he just didn't call me back.. incompetent rather than shady..

If your car seems fine.. it probably is.. their Better Business Bureau complaints are in the extremely low end of the spectrum for car dealers.. I started doing some checking.. when they resolve it.. or if the car is screwed.. I'll post the honest facts.. and let you all decide what your opinion of them is..

Old 05-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by ElTorpedo
I finally got ahold of my salesperson and he was pissed that the service writer hasn't called me back.. I guess the service manager is on vacation and the servicewriter needs his authorization.. so instead of telling me he needed more info.. he just didn't call me back.. incompetent rather than shady..

If your car seems fine.. it probably is.. their Better Business Bureau complaints are in the extremely low end of the spectrum for car dealers.. I started doing some checking.. when they resolve it.. or if the car is screwed.. I'll post the honest facts.. and let you all decide what your opinion of them is..
I said I'd give updates.. because I'm taking legal action against this dealership.. I can't.. that should speak for itself though.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:26 PM
I just bought my G35 @ Infiniti of Norwood a few months ago....excellent customer service and great sales rep's in there. I would recommend it all day.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I bought mine from Framinham AutoMall, not sure if they are related?

Old 05-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I got my 04 coupe at automax 1 year ago and everything has been fine. Customer service was fine and the car has been great. Never took it there to get it serviced, I've been going to Infiniti of Norwood so I can't speak on automax's service but the sale and car itself are great.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:16 PM
2007 G35 coupe 6sp Sport

My name is Kevin West, and I live in Norwood Ma.

I recently bought mine at Automax Preowned in Framingham. I have to tell you they had the best selection hands down! No issues whatsoever with any part of the transaction. They let me take the car to my mechanic and he found that they had completed the service as they stated. The other thing that is worth mentioning is they had the biggest selection ( about 20 coupes).
If you can have the car checked out, then there is nothing to be afraid of?
I did visit 3 of the other dealers mentioned, and not sound negative, but it was apples and oranges. They were not in the same league as far as inventory, prices and just trying to make a deal.

Any questions about my purchase email me proball@comcast.net.