NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Richmond/Henrico/Petersburg/Colonial Hgts G group

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:32 AM
CLUB MODERATOR

Received 189 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by rhampsterwha2
^^^^ this sounds sweeet, i should be free to attend day 1

post the sign up links, thanks Brian

Ryan, you do know that the first day is $50.00 to attend the class then additional $35.00 for the 2nd day. I think it would be a good class to attend to learn from the pros on the ins and outs of proper detailing your car. I am tempted to do both days.......hmmm

Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rhampsterwha2
^^^^ this sounds sweeet, i should be free to attend day 1

post the sign up links, thanks Brian
With all that's included (multiple items rented as well as lunch) there's no way around needing small contributions. The cool thing about it is CMA has decided to give each member $50.00 worth of products and we will be using many of them at the event. So after an extensive instructional seminar along with hands on experience at a nice location, as well as food and drinks you're really just buying $50.00 worth of supplies from a company that stocks some of the best products out. If it were at my personal place there would be no charge, unfortunately I do not have the space to host the amount of interest already expressed.

Should be a lot of fun, hope you can make it.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:09 AM
CLUB MODERATOR

Brian, i just posted this up on the National G Club threads.....hopefully, there will a good turnout of ppl from the club to attend.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by G 30-FI
Brian, i just posted this up on the National G Club threads.....hopefully, there will a good turnout of ppl from the club to attend.
In that case lets turn the Porsche dealership into a G sanctuary!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Received 318 Likes on 221 Posts
^^^ LOL!! dooo eeettt

an yeah Tony i do, but like Brian said "its like buying $50 worth of detailing supplys"

Old 08-25-2010, 03:30 PM
So are there going to be beater cars that we can polish back to life?

What if I already have a pretty good understanding of car care, but still want to come. Will there be anything for me to learn/gain?

I already 2 bucket hand wash with poorboys slick and suds 2 mitts one for the paint one for the wheels, always in straight lines with just the weight of the mit, rinsing after every panel, starting from top doing bumpers last, then blot dry with a waffle weave microfiber after sheeting the water.

Either way this sounds like a good excuse to stock up on 50 dollars worth of new products. I'll try to make it.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Ok. Who has the best hookup on tires?? I need 2 fronts..

Old 08-25-2010, 09:45 PM
size and such do you need for those tires?

Old 08-25-2010, 09:51 PM
225/35/19

Old 08-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Ah 19's can't help you there sorry bro.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:05 AM
CLUB MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Pheeeet821
225/35/19
why are you running 225/35/19 when you should have 225/40/19

try tirerack.com or discounttire.com, one of those two has free shipping, cant remember which one off the top of my head. Hope this helps ya out.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Namir

What if I already have a pretty good understanding of car care, but still want to come. Will there be anything for me to learn/gain?

I already 2 bucket hand wash with poorboys slick and suds 2 mitts one for the paint one for the wheels, always in straight lines with just the weight of the mit, rinsing after every panel, starting from top doing bumpers last, then blot dry with a waffle weave microfiber after sheeting the water.

Either way this sounds like a good excuse to stock up on 50 dollars worth of new products. I'll try to make it.
I will tell you from my experience I would say there is always something to learn from another professional. Whether it be tweaking your regimen on certain procedures or tackling a surface you have yet to experience. You could also just consider joining us for the event and a good day spent with good people.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:36 AM

Im positive we can arrange that

Old 08-26-2010, 08:16 AM
It is at a Porsche dealership, so I am sure we can arrange that!

One of the challenges in reviewing the material that we will cover is making sure that we provide useful information for people of all levels from the avid enthusiast all the way up to the professional detailer, then break the material down so that it is easy to understand with out being boring. While you will have an obvious 'heads up' on some of the more basic material, I think your experience and knowledge is going to help you grasp some of the more advanced concepts readily. So there is definitely material to learn. Whether you gain anything depends on your goals of course, but at the very least it should be a fun and informative time around a bunch of car guys at a cool location.

Perfect! Washing and drying (which will make up the early part of day one) is one of the most overlooked aspects in car care, period. It is where most of the damage and dulling of the paint comes from and you have it down pat!

We hope to see you there and hope for an honest evaluation on how well we did providing concepts and theory (as well as hands on!) for enthusiasts of all levels.

Todd

Last edited by ToddHelme; 08-26-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Once again I am missing out on the fun.....................

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.

Quick Reply: Richmond/Henrico/Petersburg/Colonial Hgts G group