NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Has anyone dealt with NJ dealers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone dealt with NJ dealers?

Has anyone on this forum dealt with dealers in New Jersey? If you have how long do you have to wait for your car to come in? I live in northern Jersey but Im willing to travel 150 - 250 miles to pick up the exact car Im looking for. I have a Black-on-Black G35 Auto coupe w/ Navi, Premium Package, Aero and Performance Package (basically loaded) on order. My order is with Ray Catena but they wont have it to me until July (half the summer gone :-(). Any advice or suggestions on how (where) I can get the car sooner?

Here is my experience so far in NJ:

Let me start my point off with Lynns Infiniti located at 401 Bloomfield Ave. Bloomfield, NJ 07003 is garbage. I HIGHLY suggest that you DO NOT BUY YOUR INFIFTI OR ANY OTHER CAR FROM FROM LYNNS!

I just put an order in for a Black-on-Black G35 with Ray Catena in Edison NJ. The team at Ray Catena is very professional and really work hard for their customer. I feel very comfortable that long after I have brought my car that the team at Ray Catena will still treat me like they did when I first walked in the showroom. Thats why after the process is complete (hopefully before July) Im going to recommend Ray to all my friends and family.

My only problem is that I have to wait until July to take position of my car. Other dealers are telling me that they can get me the car by the end of April. One example is Lynns in Bloomfield NJ (401 Bloomfield Ave. Bloomfield, NJ 07003). They called me on Friday telling me that they can get me the car by the end of April and to come down and talk to them (in other words leave a deposit). When I got to Lynns my girlfriend and I waited 10mins before we were even acknowledge. 20 to 25 minutes later still no one came over to get the ball rolling on the order so of course we walked out. Here I am a customer all ready approved for a tier 1 credit rate with Infiniti and willing to drop a heap load of cash as a down payment and check book in my pocket to leave whatever size deposit and Lynns is treating me like garbage. Imagine how theyll treat me after they have my cash. Oh, I also had a chance to see the type of service personal they have and let me put it like this: keep you wallet in your front pocket and tell your wife/girlfriend to clench her purse and be sure its locked (scary aint it).
By the way Lynns already knew my situation before I got there.

I'm looking forward to all of your advice. I really want the car sooner if I can get my hands on it. Regardless Im still only willing to pay MSRP.

Ra!

Old 03-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Re: Has anyone dealt with NJ dealers?

I leased my Sedan from Ramsey Infiniti on Route 17. I got a good deal and I liked the salesperson.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum / Black Interior Premium / Sunroof / Winter pkg [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2003, 09:27 PM

you posted this on the G35 Coupe General forum as well

2003 G35 Coupe
Desert Platinum / Willow Leather
5AT / Premium Package

G35-Forum.com

Old 04-17-2003, 06:57 PM

I got mine at Lynne's...they were the only dealer around that took me seriosuly when buying it and gave me resepct. They made me feel like a queen while dealing with them.

I first went to Ramsey and all they wanted was my deposit and thats it. They ignored me and treated me like crap. Even after I had bought my prior car from them. I will never go back to Ramsey again.

Old 04-17-2003, 08:52 PM

Got mine from Lynnes also. Good experience I thought....although paid MSRP, salesman didn't try to BS me about anything else or pressure to make a decision.

Went to Ramsey, lost a deposit that they assured me was refundable....would not give it back till my bank went after them.

-----------------------
G35-Forum.com

Old 04-17-2003, 09:52 PM

Rashan - you say you are "willing to travel 150 - 250 miles to pick up the exact car Im looking for". I suggest you call or visit Winner Infiniti in Newark, DE. Ask for Alex Witham, sales manager, 800-937-8250.

2003 G35 Sedan, Brilliant Silver, Graphite Leather, Premium, Sport, Winter, NAV

Old 04-17-2003, 09:59 PM

i actually believe he rashan has already purchased it from denville infiniti

Old 04-18-2003, 10:47 AM

Park Avenue Infiniti In Englewood, NJ is a good dealership. They have provided consistent good customer service. I would not hesistate doing business with them again.

Old 05-09-2003, 09:46 PM

i got mine from lynns got white full loaded 6 spd ordered it in feb just got it today

Old 06-05-2003, 08:03 AM

I just ordered a car on 6/3.
Originally went to Ray Catena on 5/31 and did homework and test drives. Told rep I'd be back on Monday with significant other.
Made appt, came and did test drives. Told him what I wanted, he said it would be MSRP. I said we'll talk next day to place order. It was hinged on my getting back refund on a BMW I was ordering.
Next day, after talking with BMW, I called Douglas Infiniti told them I just cancelled BMW and Catena is ready to go. Said if they take 1000 off msrp, it's a deal. Won't go back and forth, have credit card handy for deposit.

Car has been ordered from Douglas. Catena salesman never called me back. If he had, good chance I would have bought higher price from him.

Old 06-06-2003, 02:56 PM

I got mine from Lynne's... they didn't thrill me but they had the car I wanted and i didn't want to wait.

G35c/5AT/DP/Graphite

Old 06-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine from Park Ave. Worst experience ever. The tradition continues every time I bring it in for service.

Old 06-07-2003, 09:43 PM

Willie at Ramsey is excellent.
Lisa at Ray Catena is also good... but they tried to beat me senseless on my trade-in. Also wouldn't let me test-drive a 6mt... against policy!!!! Bu she tried hard and returned my deposit.

It really depends on who has the car you're looking for or who can get it the quickest. I never cared for Ray Catena Service. Only had oil changed so far at Ramsey.. it was free as are all future changes ( it's always the little things that make all the difference). Plus they gave me $3k more for my trade!!!

Old 06-12-2003, 10:09 AM

Humm...If you got screwed once why would you want to be screwed by the same dealership/repair shop again ? (Returning victim or sadist ??)

Old 06-12-2003, 10:22 AM

I got mine from Catena back in Nov '02. I placed the order back in Aug '02 and was one of the luckiest ones to get the first shipment. Got to pay MSRP though -- not a penny less. Catena gave me a free oil change, a pull-over shirt and some infiniti accessory gadget but not a penny off MSRP. Hey I guess that is the price I pay to be the first batch of G35 Coupe drivers. Overall I am quite happy with their services. At least they did not throw in any dealer add-ons that are ridiculously priced.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone dealt with NJ dealers?