NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

NJ - anyone without front plates?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NJ - anyone without front plates?

I moved to NJ, came from King of Prussia, PA, although my G's still got PA plates. I was wondering how NJ G's get away w/o front plates, what excuses you give, and how **** the cops can be here.

Old 12-10-2004, 01:35 PM
G SQUAD
welcome to nj my friend. i strongly recommend that you put the front plate on as soon as you register your car here. i have a custom plate just above my state plate and the cops here complain and just give me a verble warning.so once again put that plate on to avoid any headaches
good luck

Old 12-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Blammo! No Front Plate!

Two years and running. *knocks on wood* Just don't be a punk and you'll be OK. Just carry the plate with you in your trunk, properly mounted to the front plate bracket. "Sorry officer. Someone backed into me while I was parked on the street and broke the mounting adapter/screw. I have an appointment this weekend at my service center to get a new one."

Old 12-10-2004, 07:03 PM
lol afr0 - how many times have you gotten pulled over and where do you usually drive around?
my friend took his front plate off after he got his car but i saw him a week later and he put it on. i think he got pulled over and ticketed. if you don't want the hassle, keep it on or be like afr0 and risk getting pulled over for nothing
just as long as you ahve an excuse to get out of it.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Originally Posted by cynicaL102
lol afr0 - how many times have you gotten pulled over and where do you usually drive around?
I usually drive all around Bergen County most of the time. Then I commute daily to downtown Newark. Very rarely do I have a reason to go further south than that. How many times have I been pulled over? Boy that is a loaded question. I think 7 or 8 times. Most of those were for BS "checks" in the middle of the night. The suburbs I drive through are dead quiet at night, and you can hear the damn coupe's exhaust a mile away. So the cops always want to check to see whats going on. I've got 15 some odd coats of zaino on it, and its almost always freshly detailed. Impossible for my car not to stick out. Pulled over for speeding? Nope. Pulled over for running a stop or red light? Nope. Any problems with not having a front plate? Nope. They never notice. One officer did and he completely understood my excuse.

Beleive it or not, the one time I did get a license plate ticket, it was for my rear license plate. Not my front. My "INFINITI" license plate frame covered up 2/3 of the "Garden State" motto. Even though NEW JERSEY was completely visible. Apparently it's against the law to have the state motto obstructed.

^^^^ Got ticketed for that. Never for my front.

Old 12-11-2004, 04:03 PM
haha yea my friend got pulled over for covering the "garden state" thing too. so gay but yea, even my tints are only 35% cause i'm too scared to get pulled over..hehe

Old 12-13-2004, 07:56 PM
I just got ticketed two weeks ago for my plates and tint 5% all around. He didn't actually pull me over. I was already parked in a parking lot and was standing next to the my car. An officer comes by and gave me two tickets. I actually got to the city everyday and someone did hit me in the front and the plates feel off, I told him this excuse and he said he would be giving three tickets (no plates, tints and improper maintainance or something) but he will let me go by giving me only two. I was very polite but I guess he needed to fill quota. My should have used my PBA card.
City: Palisades Park, Bergen County

Trending Topics

Old 12-13-2004, 08:53 PM
yea palisades park pulls you over for anything. my friend is a cop in pal pk and he pulled my friend over. luckily his girlfriend knew the cop so he was let go. they pulled him over for loud music/tints/no front plate.

Old 12-13-2004, 09:55 PM
G SQUAD
they have nothing better to do than to bug a person in a hot car.

Old 12-14-2004, 05:23 AM
damn i feel for yall in jersey~ im in philly and the only time ill EVER drive to nj if to goto AC~ haahhaa

Old 12-15-2004, 11:47 AM
i've lived in nj all my life (20 years haha) and we always had front plates on cause the cops are real **** about that kinda thing. except for our lexus sc300 we used to have, that never got front plates and the cops never bothered us with that one.

for the past year or so we've had maryland plates though living in nj and i havent had front plates on my g since i got it in june. i've driven around nj, md, and pa and i havent gotten stopped for anything yet thankfully. i'm surprised the nj cops arent goin nuts about my clear corners, they usually love that kinda thing.

Old 12-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
For you guys that have had trouble in pal park, are you Korean? I hear there is a lot of racial profiling going on in fort lee, leonia, pal park against young korean kids.

HAHAH... at least that's what all my korean friends tell me.

Old 12-15-2004, 02:45 PM
nj cops are the worst.

Old 12-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Don't need 'em here in our Province. They stopped issuing front plates at least 10 years ago.

Old 12-15-2004, 06:44 PM
yea, i'm korean..but haven't had many problems with cops
nothing illegal that i have really
my clear corners are amber when lit up, my tints aren't that dark
the racial profiling was worse a few years ago in my opinion. they have korean cops in ft lee/pal pk now that i've seen to help with the racism...
bill clinton even knew about the racism in palpk..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NJ - anyone without front plates?