NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

$700 For A Clear Bra My A$$

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 06:43 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$700 For A Clear Bra My A$$

Ok For all of you on LI thinking of getting a clear Bra DO NOT GO TO RECONDITION USA!! Damn guy wants $700 for the whole front end and won't negotiate his price cause "He's the only guy on the island that does it". That kind of attitude Sux and after asking around there are others that do it he just happens to be the only one listed on 3M's website. Bottom line is instead of me getting it done there and telling you guys to go there I am doing the oppsite cause of his crap a$$ attitude. BTW I am most likely going to get mine done @ Main Street Audio but cant reccomend them yet cause It hasent been done. Just a heads up

Old 05-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $700 For A Clear Bra My A$$

I can't fathom why anyone would want a clear bra to begin with - let alone pay some ridiculous sum like $700.00 for it.

Get a traditional leather / leather-like bra from Colgan instead. To start, it's 1/7th the price (about 100 bucks), for another, you don't have something permanent attached to your paint that will eventually yellow / discolor (3M or not, all plastic discolors), and a traditional bra allows you to remove it to take care of the paint (can't wax with a clear bra, have to deal with wax lines, etc.), and instad of getting chips in your paint from road debris, a clear bra will get chips in it instead. Either way, the car ends up looking like hell. What's the point?

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 05-11-2003, 06:16 PM

700 is about right. as far as if they are worht it or not. well that is up to u. What i can say is they are a hell of a lot better then u normal leather bra that Conquie is talkingab out those look like such [censored] on cars. With a clear bra no one can tell if its done right. Also there is a company that make on that will not yellow. But 700 sounds about right.

Old 05-12-2003, 05:56 AM

You have heard about the paint chip problem haven't you?
It is really bad in some cases, myself included.

I decided not to get clear bra and bought a Colgan instead. However, many owners are frustrated by paint chips and the clear bra is a alternative which seems to be working for them.
The advantage is that they can keep it on their car all the time and still retain the good looks of the G. Yes it is expensive and who knows what it will look like in a few years.

I believe that unless you get a clear bra or keep a regular bra on ALL THE TIME, you will get paint chips on your front bumper!

Old 05-18-2003, 11:52 AM
G SQUAD

Ok seriously I didnt buy a 40k sports car to put a sh*tty looking leather bra on it christ I might as well have gotten a camaro if that were the case. The Clear Bra is removable and leaves no marks so if in 3 or 4 years it does get a little used up from protecting my car I can take it off and keep driving leaving only a few years of driving it without it before I sell it instead of it getting damaged from day one. Plus I found a place to do a full clear bra and tint all for $725 so that sounds good to me. Leather bras also can F up your car so thats not an option. As far as it turning yellow or peeling, not a problem it's covered under warranty as long as I own the car. Furthermore on a black coupe I doubt a little discoloration would be a big deal. Clear Bras are the new thing and look a hell of a lot better so thats my take.

Old 05-18-2003, 10:54 PM

Try Secondary Exposure (SE-EX). They are out of New York and do custom clear bra installs for under $500. They will come to you. They also wrap the edges so there is less of the visible line of the bra. They warranty it for life too. Their web site says they do tinting.
They did a great job on my car three weeks ago. Drove all the way to Mass for me. With the clear bra it is all about the install.
www.se-ex.com

Old 07-02-2003, 02:23 PM

What's up with the phony website for the clear bra under 500.00. may seem funny, but this site is for serious responses and queries. There is no www.se-ex. com

Old 07-02-2003, 02:40 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator

Dude, there are leat 30+ g35 owners that haven gotten a clear bra done by se-ex. Try this: http://www.se-ex.com

Old 07-05-2003, 03:23 PM

I am not a fan of clear bra. If the chips get really bad after a few years, I'll get the front bumper repainted, and it'll probably cost me less than getting a clear bra. That's just my two cents.