NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

G Squad Members

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G Squad Members

G Squad members.......You are hereby ordered to never visit another G related web site again...or your forum will be cut off!!
Oh wait....it was. Nevermind.

Old 01-07-2005, 02:32 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since this thread will be gone shortly I'm not gonna waste time getting into it. Lets just say it's pretty dumb if you ask me. I dont see how the G.Squad is any threat what so ever to the community of 10,000 plus member on driver but what do I know. I guess in the end people will go where they want to go and where they feel welcome. Obviously thats not here such a shame.

Old 01-07-2005, 02:59 PM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats some hating aZz sh*t.............some many posts later.............whatever i dont give a rats azz....my last post here

G35frenzy rockzzzzzzzz.......great site everyone and great people
we already made the move

Old 01-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I think perhaps you need some clarification on the topic:

1) This forum gave you an non-actively-unpoliced area in which you could coordinate and communicate. Any posts that were edited/deleted/etc. were because of member complaints, not because of our bias.

2) Resepect is a privelage, not a right, and if you ever feel you were disrespected, it was because of action and not inaction on your collective part. As mentioned before, many of the members of GSquad are welcomed members here, however those that did nothing but constantly pick fights and create campaigns to both spam mods and admins, and to leave the site... were not respected.

3) We have had several complaints from members regarding the conduct of several GSquad members (read: not all, but a few).

4) We have also had several people PM Mods and Admins to tell us they were actively told to abandon this site, that they were told G35driver didn't not respect GSquad, and that we were too restrictive. We weren't, but now we are. Once we were aware of the copy-and-paste message that was PMed to two users, we ran a search and found it had been sent to many. This is our major point of contention. I recommend you look to your own leadership to answer this question.

It's it completely illogical for us to ignore these points, to be honest. We had given free hosting to a forum that allowed the GSquad to come together and communicate, and were met with total and utter disrespect. We cannot continue to publicly and freely sponsor a group that simply doesn't even show the common decency to not only not say "thank you" once, but also actively campaigns against the site.

If you would have done ANY differently, please let me know right away, and I'll consider your thougths on the topic.

G

Old 01-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
PS- This thread will not be deleted unless it seriously violates the terms of this site. Don't push it over the edge just to make some point about how we'd deleted it.

Only one username has been banned from this site, and that was for egregious site violations. Everyone else is always welcomed here.

G

Old 01-07-2005, 03:48 PM
G SQUAD
I dont know who did it but a mass mailing on this forum to tell others to not come here and go only to frenzyis just wrong. If that is what happened I can understand why the owners are mad. I don't know who would have listened to such a mailing but none the less it's wrong. This is a forum of 10,000+ members. Anyone that limits the amount of information that they can recieve isn't that bright to begin with. I mean I go on this site, g35 Frenzy, Fresh Alloy, etc.... It's not like any of us pay to be on the site and have to choose which to go to.

I think that the past problems with members of the squad and other members should have been delt with in a private manner as opposed to the open forum that was our board. One of the reasons that we enjoy our forum over at frenzy is that everytime someone feels like acting like a 2 year old and making comments aginst someone or the group as a whole they cant cause you need permission to post there. It get's a little old when every other day someone is bashing a whole group of people because of something stupid or a minor misunderstanding that they may have had. I mean let's face it people love to argue on the internet. What better place to do it then in a forum where there are 40 tight knit people that are willing to defend themselves and the group.

Over all I have felt that there is an underlying agenda to boot the whole group and now because one person it seems messed up this is how it is handled. I dont know who was blatently telling members to go over to frenzy and not here but I would think that whoever it was would realize that people aren't gonna boycott a site because they were told to. I would also figure that the owners of this site would have a little more faith in their community and then deal with the person that was soliciting.

Also as a side note the terms of service or whatever you want to call it for this site are nowhere to be found. I'm sure we all got them when we signed up for the site but that was god knows how long ago and I think we all know how many of us actually read them.

This is a great site with a lot of great people but the internet drama has to stop. I'd be better off watching the real world on MTV at this point. Not that everyone should go watch the real world and stop posting on Driver.

Thats my .02 and whatever happens happens. The G.Squad will continue to meet in the NY area and have a good time.

Old 01-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
No one sits around and reads PMs for fun, however when a problem is brought to our attention and we have just cause to pursue an issue, then they can and will be read them. I'd say maybe .0000001% of PMs have been read on this site, and it's solely been based upon complaints from users. This is how we've tracked down scammers, banned people for harrassment, etc. It's not a "sh*ts and giggles" thing.

No one needs to worry about privacy unless they're seriously doing something wrong. Sorry to ruin the Orwellian view of this site...

G

Old 01-07-2005, 05:08 PM
G SQUAD
this is so sad in many ways were supposed to help one another and this happens. unbelieveable

Old 01-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
I'm more sad than anyone, truth be told. This decision was come to rationally. We're not banning GSQuad members, we're not banning the talk of GSquad, we're not banning g35frenzy, etc. We simply have removed public sponsorship from a group that was publicly denegrating this site... simple as that. If you were in the same position with the same actions, what would you do?

G

Old 01-07-2005, 06:54 PM
G SQUAD
Here we go again. This is the retarted behavior I was talking about. Good luck with G35driver.com guys. Frankly I've had enough.

Old 01-07-2005, 07:15 PM
G SQUAD
Hey its definately not a problem...GeoBau..

Its you guys world over here and you have the freedom to do what you wish...

But in all fairness....would ya mind moving the "Jan 30th Attendee list" and "Jan 30th Meet details" posts over to the Northeast forum....so those that are interested dont miss out because the thread is gone...Thanks

Old 01-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
No prob- I'll grab them.

[edit: are those the threads?]

G

Old 01-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Premier Member

Just so you know, Bloke, nor any other individual had anything to do with it. I was alerted by some members about a few PMs, ran a search on PMs for keywords, and came up with the info I sent to Blitz that detailed why the GSquad was no longer going to be supported publically. No one volunteered the PMs- I took them because I had reasonable suspicion. I've told Joel this, but apparently it's not sinking in, and you continue to barrage members with accusations. Please don't harass members because you are misinformed about this, as it really just makes matters worse.

Old 01-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
In the interest of coming to a mature resolution, I'm closing this thread. I've talked extensively with Neil (O_NO), and we've come to a mutual understanding of the events that led up to this whole thing.

I think that the reactions of some were both uneducated and knee-jerk, on both sides of the fence, and that this is an episode which, when fully understood by all parties, can be put behind us.

I would like to apologize for the rather sudden disappearance of the GSquad forum-- it was my suggestion and doing that caused the whole debacle, however I can tell you that at the time it seemed rational. Now that all (or most) of the facts about the relationship between the site and GSquad have come to light, I'm pretty sure that a year from now, we'll all be shooting tequila and laughing about this.

I think for the wounds to heal, everyone needs to know what caused this whole thing, so look for something forthcoming. PM me if you still feel the need to vent- I'm always available to listen.

G

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G Squad Members