NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Self Serve Car Washes in No. VA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2005 | 02:29 PM
|
Self Serve Car Washes in No. VA?

Anyone know of any self-serve car washes (the coin-operated ones with the bays) in the Alexandria/Arlington area?

Had to take my car out today and I'd like to rinse the salt/grime off of it.

js.

Old 01-20-2005 | 03:26 PM
Cmon Son!
I wouldnt do it just yet. the weekend is coming upon us with more snow I believe. unfortunately, I have only see one in the Falls Church area which is ghetto like surrounding but functional.

I take mine to Best Car Wash and for 15 bucks, the wash, vacuum, and wipe down the inside, wheels, and exhaust tip.

I cant complain.

Old 01-20-2005 | 03:59 PM
Staff Alumni
If you wanna rinse it off, why not just spray water on it and dry it real fast? I posted a thread about car washes in NoVa not too long ago. I'm sure if you seached you'd find it.

Old 01-20-2005 | 10:44 PM
|
Originally Posted by pratik97
If you wanna rinse it off, why not just spray water on it and dry it real fast? I posted a thread about car washes in NoVa not too long ago. I'm sure if you seached you'd find it.
I did find your thread and well, it doesn't help me out, hence me posting a thread for self-serve car washes in the Alexandria/Arlington area.

And if I had the resources to spray water on the car with enough pressure to rinse away the dirt, I wouldn't have posted a thread asking for self-serve car washes in the Alexandria/Arlington area.

js.

Old 01-21-2005 | 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by jimmyshaker
I did find your thread and well, it doesn't help me out, hence me posting a thread for self-serve car washes in the Alexandria/Arlington area.

And if I had the resources to spray water on the car with enough pressure to rinse away the dirt, I wouldn't have posted a thread asking for self-serve car washes in the Alexandria/Arlington area.

js.

I was thinking of the same thing today. I think there is one in the centerville/fairoaks area. I've seen people doing it. It'd be nice for the winter. I'll let you know when i find out. Probably next week cause it's gonna storm like nuts this weekend. I rinsed it off with some water from a bucket but it's not enough. And the water froze on everything (this morning).

But yeah...I'll let you know.

Old 01-23-2005 | 04:42 PM
I wouldnt recommend doing a quick rinse as the salty crap sticks pretty good and when you go to dry, you'll prob. have some of it stuck and will just swirl it into the paint. Def. not something you'll like to look at when the car is REAAAL clean. If you gotta do it today, I think there's a Mr. Wash or a Embassy Wash around your area, around 7 corners somewhere. But personally i'd wait til Monday, as they said its suppos to snow again today??

BTW, mbq62, do you drive a Red coupe debadged w/ some chrome rims?? I always see a red debadged/tinted coupe w/ rims around fairfax...not sure if its you!!??

Old 01-24-2005 | 10:06 AM
Staff Alumni
Pdjafari, you ever end up trying out that 7 car wash place in Herndon off of Centreville Road? It happens to be a mile or so away from my work.

Old 01-24-2005 | 10:53 AM
Has anyone tried the Suds carwash in centreville off of rt. 29? I really need to wash the G off as it looks absolutely horrible right now, but don't have the resources to do it at home. I think its like a Dr. Wash, but have no idea. I may go today during lunch to check it out..

Old 01-24-2005 | 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by pratik97
Pdjafari, you ever end up trying out that 7 car wash place in Herndon off of Centreville Road? It happens to be a mile or so away from my work.
Pratik,

Was there about...two weeks ago!! But I think you were looking for a 'brushless', this place is BRUSHFUL?! I only go there when my G is in real bad shape and when I cant wash it myself, from my experiences so far, theyve done pretty good so I cant complain. I did try brushless a few times, but it will never get as clean!!

Gmoney, hit up the wash man, u dont want ur grille and kit to fall off from all the salt!!

Old 01-24-2005 | 10:47 PM
Staff Alumni
I definitely didnt want brush car washes. The last thing I need is swirls in my paint from that stuff and then really see the salt. I guess I'll have to find another brushless place thats close by.

Old 01-25-2005 | 09:33 AM
Well I went to Suds... $7 for a wash that got all the brake dust and salt off, but it isn't brushless. As you go in, there are guys that spray off the car initially. Then you put your left wheel on an automatic belt & put the car in neutral & go right on through. As I was going through, I was thinking, this isn't bad. The initial brush went from my hood up over my roof. It wasn't the spinning brush, more like dragging 100's of towels over the car. I was like, oh this isn't bad. Then came the spinning brushes on the side of the car which I was not too fond of. The car is clean though, and I didn't notice swirl marks. But the IP color does help. At the end there is some guy that wipes down your windows an puts your mirrors back in place.

I figured I'd have to clay bar it in the spring anyways, so this can't hurt. I can't wait until winter is over

Old 01-25-2005 | 10:11 AM
Ya I gave up on brushless after owing the car for its 3rd month. Not because I got lazy, but because I noticed a $hit load of key marks and scratches on my doors, and quarter panels. Kinda pisses me off, b/c they are deep and wont come out...but what can you do. After I own the car for a year, i'll continue washing/waxing it...but im not going to be as **** over brush/brushless. Just depends on where you go for a non brushless i guess...

with you on that one...cant wait til winter is gone!

Old 01-25-2005 | 10:17 AM
didn't realize so many people were from nova.. why no g35 clubs for va then? i'm at the beach, but travel up to nova often..

Old 01-25-2005 | 11:13 AM
We have the Capital G club which is basically NOVA, D.C. and surrounding MD area's. I think when it gets warm we should start something up for us NOVA G's & Z's, besides the "once every few months meet" that we've had in the past. Plus, local is easier; less driving, less hassle. As long as we don't get the rep like the friggin kids at dragVa that meet at fairfax town center & dulles town center. Ivory let us know when you are up this way. I suggest during the huge meet in the spring that Evolution has. Should be a blast.

Old 01-25-2005 | 11:53 AM
i'll let you guys know when i'm up there.. If you can let me know when the meet is, i'll try and be there- but man.. i don't want to be the only G there w/ no mods :T i better hurry up lol..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Self Serve Car Washes in No. VA?