NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Northshore dealer in Long iSland NY?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Northshore dealer in Long iSland NY?

Where do you live? I got mine from Competition Infiniti, $300 under MSRP. They were supposed to call me 30 days before my car came in so I can sell my other car, because I didnt want to get raped by the trade in guy. He offered me $5500 when the resale was over 10,000. They didnt even call me when the car came in, I was checking thier inventory online and saw it, I was so pissed off at them. Ok, I got passed that real quick because lets face it, my car was in! Then the business manager proceeded to tell me that if I got my windows tinted or installed a remote starter anywhere but thier it would void my warranty. I did a litttle research, thats called a tie in clause to a warranty, and is illegal. The law is called The Magnuson Moss Warranty improvement act of 1975, read it before you pay them 400 for tint, and 600 for the remote start. Anyway I checked around and you probably will not get anyone to go under MSRP, The dealership on Sunrise I think Able, tried to charge 1500 over MSRP calling it dealer profit, and tried to explain to me that MSRP is cost and he doesnt make money if he sells it for MSRP. What? Sorry to go on and on, I love my car, hate dealerships! Good Luck. Your best bet would be to shop around and go directly to the salesman in the back, he is likely less experienced and more eager to make a sale.

G35C

Old 07-03-2003, 02:48 PM

I initially dealt with Northshore Infiniti this past winter- an older guy named Phil (I think there are 2 Phils there). He was friendly and professional, but wouldn't budge off selling me the loaded model. Went to Able and got what I wanted.

Old 07-06-2003, 08:01 AM

I think Northshore cares a little more about getting the sale. I dealt with a guy named Ron and he won't even let me test drive. Also, not a penny under MSRP. So I went to Park Ave Infiniti in Englewood, NJ. Made the deal in 30 minutes.

Old 07-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I also went to NS but was declined a road test, but that was becouse all the G coupes they had were sold or spoken for, so I think that may have been an issue with you not being able to take a test drive. This was the case at a few dealerships.

All in all I found the people there not really taking me serious when I was shopping for my G. Instead of taking the time to answer my questions and maybe even show me one of the cars on the lot but as he put it they're sold, he cant do that (big deal if it was sold, its not like I was gonna sit inside and eat a freakin happy meal and spill soda everywhere - what the F!), all he was concered with was how fast could I leave him a despoit (or I think he meant, do I even have enough $$$ in my pocket to leave him one), and THEN he would order me one. I mean SLOW down dude! I dont remember his name, but he was asain, if that helps, unless they're all asain there - I don't know?

It was at that point I put my chin up in the air and gave him a total attitude. I had my yellow 02 Boxster S at that time, and I made sure he watched me get into my car as I left a little burny-burny out of his precious parking lot.

If anyone goes back there, right after you exit the used car lot side, about maybe 10 to 15 feet past that canopy thing by the entrance, check out the "rubber signature" I left there - LOL

Old 07-14-2003, 08:56 PM

i have ZERO faith in this dealership with the exception of the internet manager mike. i ordered a coupe from them 4 months ago, only to find out no order was ever placed friday of last week.

less than a day later, i secured a fully loaded coupe at atlantic infiniti (previously able) in rockville centre, and am currently awaiting delivery.

oh yeah, and one more thing about north shore, after talking with one of their managers regarding getting my deposit back, he assured me that "our dealerships can not order cars, we are not like american car companies where you put in an order and it is built, but rather we are just shipped random vehicles according to our allocation each month"

this is how they treat returning customers by the way, i can't imagine how they would treat a new customer nowadays.

ducati: was the asian guy's name kevin? hes a ********.

Old 07-24-2003, 05:04 PM

too late to edit my old post, but yeah, i would steer clear of north shore until around december when they will be taken over by the atlantic group. the old ******** staff will all be gone, and replaced with people who actually know how to treat customers!

in the meantime, give atlantic a call (516-536-9000) and ask for michael. he helped me out with my north shore problem, and now he works over at atlantic.

Trending Topics

Old 07-24-2003, 09:24 PM

well guys,

This is why I went Douglas Infiniti and Park Ave Infiniti (both in NJ). Got the car from Park Ave infiniti. Deal was done in 10 minutes. No Fuss or Hassel. Tired of BS dealerships in NY.
Just my .02

Old 07-24-2003, 10:36 PM

just an fyi, mike weitz used to work for northshore

Old 07-25-2003, 03:28 AM

i know, he gave me a heads up on what was going on when everyone was trying to shaft me...i personally think he's a great guy, don't know how your experiences with him are, but out of an entire dealership (north shore), he was the only one i got a good vibe off of.

Old 07-25-2003, 08:42 AM

Thats BS, I special ordered mine, I got a DG 5AT with the 17 inch wheels, no premium package, no sunroof, with leather. Theres no way they would have just randomly got my car, I was told they only order once a quarter, thats 4 times a year, so you will have to wait a while and thats what I did, 5 months.....Fealt like 5 years...BTW My only regret is not getting the 18 inch wheels they are truly nicer than the 17's

Luv My G

Old 07-25-2003, 04:45 PM

Oh yeah, Mike used to work for Northshore and I believe he was the Internet Sales Manager.