NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Park Ave Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park Ave Infiniti

Okay, who out there has had an experience with this dealership? Now listen to this. I ordered a 6MT G35 coupe, Premium, Nav from this place. The entire transaction was done in person with the sales person, and I even gave him a $500 check as a deposit. The purchase order was signed and I was on my way to getting my car in July . . .

Or so I thought. . .

When I called to inquire as to when the car would arrive, I was told that the car was never ordered. NEVER ORDERED!!! This was particulary disturbing because a month after I signed the contract and left a deposit, I checked with the salesman to make sure it was done and done right. He confirmed that it was.

I spoke to the manager who told me that the salesman simply f**ked up. The saleman says he put in the order, but does not know what happened. He even seemed to hint that maybe somebody came in, offered a chunk of cash, and jumped in my place. Infiniti USA said they "probably" did order it, but they used up their allotment for the year.

I think its all BS, and I got burned really bad. I used to own a Benz and this kinda stuff never happened.

At this point, no one can remedy this problem. I either have to settle on another car not equipped the way I want (no Nav or with Aero) or wait until October.

What gives, and besides the car being awesome, why should I consider buying an Infiniti?

Old 07-04-2003, 07:18 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Park Ave Infiniti

I feel your pain. I went through a similar process at Park Ave. I put a deposit down in early August for a coupe. Said I was only the 3rd person to request a 6MT, so I should get it first allocation. First allocation orders came and went, and I was surprised I never got an order number. They kept telling me they put in the order, but Infiniti was only releasing a limited amount. Second allocation orders came and went, still no order number. I got pissed off and called ICA, they were finally able to give me an order number, only it was for the third allocation. Had I known all this beforehand, I would have bought my car elsewhere.

Don't even get me started on all the service problems I've had there.

Old 07-05-2003, 11:15 AM

Who was your salesperson?

The funny thing is that I shopped around to all the other dealerships . . .but I chose them because they were five minutes from where I live and work. Big mistake.

If there is anyone else out there who has had problems with this dealership, I would like to hear from you. Stuff like this should not be allowed to stand.

So, should I wait for a 2004? or should I suck it up and get a 2003 with the Aero which is not really what I had in mind.

Old 07-05-2003, 03:18 PM

Try to get what you wanted somewhere else... Call Ray Catena, I am sure they will have one you want. If not, they will at least find one for you. The only downside is that they will not negotiate with you at all. I've heard that douglas Infiniti in Summit will. I bought mine at Ray Catena, and they gave me $200 off MSRP, and a couple of freebees.

Old 07-05-2003, 03:31 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk to Danny at DFW infiniti. He can get you exactly what you want with no trouble. Only $300 bucks to get it shipped right to your driveway. Yeah, if I didn't live within walking distance of Park Ave aslo, i would have gone elsewhere.

Old 07-05-2003, 07:20 PM

What sort of service problems?

I didn't get my coupe from them but they are the closest and I assumed I would service there.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Park ave now renamed Infiniti of Englewood

Hrees my story about their service dept.
I will start off this story from the beginning.

About a month ago I brought in my 2007 G35x for service as the car was vibrating upon braking and was having a problem with the emergency brake boost.

Under normal braking above 40MPH the car would begin to vibrate pretty decently and at least twice, while braking the brake pedal LEFT MY FOOT. Yes you read that right. The brake pedal left my foot. I pressed on the brake and the pedal literally went further than I was pressing on my own. So, I brought the car in for service to Infinti of Englewood. To my surprise I got a call later that day saying that the car was done. WHAT? I thought... I spoke to my service rep and asked about the problems I was concerned with. He stated that they couldn't find anything wrong with the braking computer to cause the problem mentioned where the brake pedal left my foot, and also they couldn't feel the vibration. I took a ride to the dealer to take the car for a spin with the service guy in the car. It took a few minutes but eventually the service guy felt the vibration and agreed that it needed to be fixed.

I left the dealer that day and got a call from them the next day that again the car was ready. Before even driving there I asked the service rep what they did and he said that they cut the rotors and replaced the rear pads. I thought to myself OK that sounds normal and went to the dealer to pick up the car. On my way home I still felt the car vibrating so I called the dealer back again and spoke to my service rep. I explained that the car was still vibrating and the services rep asked me to bring it back in and take a ride with the shop foreman this time. I did as I was asked and this time the shop foreman felt the vibration so I left the car for a second time. Please keep in mind that this was the second time I left the car but my third time there. I get a call the next day telling me that my car was fixed again. Again I asked what was done and they said they replaced the rear rotors and pads again. Again I went to pick up the car and on the way home again felt the vibration. Called the dealer AGAIN and was asked to bring it back again so that the service manager could feel the vibration. After a few start and stops he agreed that there was a vibration. So I dropped the car off again. About 5 days later I get a call that again the car is done. This time they replaced the front rotors and pads. So I go pick up the car again. Again on the way home I feel the vibration. They ask me to come in and drop the car off again. Again I take the car in and take another ride with the shop forman and again the car vibrated like a jackhammer. This time they tell me to bring it back in a week. I said, NO that's not acceptable and that's not what is going to happen. They are going to give me a loaner and hold the car until they can get a manufacturers rep there and get this fixed once and for all. They in turn refused to give me a loaner car and started arguing with my g/f as she was even more fed up than me with this. The service manager became very rude and accused me of threatening him because I raised my voice and was starting to yell because they wanted us to drive our broken car that was in a very unsafe condiiton. (I would like to point out that I am a VERY calm, cool and collected guy that was more than friendly and cordial on my previous 5 visits to the dealer for this issue and this was my sixth time at the dealer for this issue.) He then proceeded to call the local PD on me stating that I was threatening him, to which I stated, that was not a threat, a threat would be if I said that I was going to walk over there and break your knee's. Anyway the local PD arrives and the service manager proceeds to LIE to the police telling them that I threatened him. The police didn't seem to believe him as they didn't arrest me or anything just asked me to leave the property.

So as of this moment I'm stuck with a car that vibrate's VIOLENTLY under hard brakes and just plain vibrates under normal braking. Infiniti of NA's consumer line wont let you speak to a supervisor to express your concern's, Infiniti of Englewood stated that the brake problem is my fault becuase of the way that I drive, which is based off a test drive I took with their tech to show him how the car acted under the various braking circumstances which included some hard braking as a demonstration.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:33 PM
sorry to hear all these plms it kinda werid these happen cuz i always keep all receipt and anything u sign keep those paper or copy u have the right to sue them so keep in ware whatever happen later on

Old 11-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by XtacyOD

About a month ago I brought in my 2007 G35x for service as the car was vibrating upon braking and was having a problem with the emergency brake boost.

Under normal braking above 40MPH the car would begin to vibrate pretty decently and at least twice, while braking the brake pedal LEFT MY FOOT. Yes you read that right. The brake pedal left my foot. I pressed on the brake and the pedal literally went further than I was pressing on my own. So, I brought the car in for service to Infinti of Englewood. To my surprise I got a call later that day saying that the car was done. WHAT? I thought... I spoke to my service rep and asked about the problems I was concerned with. He stated that they couldn't find anything wrong with the braking computer to cause the problem mentioned where the brake pedal left my foot, and also they couldn't feel the vibration. I took a ride to the dealer to take the car for a spin with the service guy in the car. It took a few minutes but eventually the service guy felt the vibration and agreed that it needed to be fixed.

I left the dealer that day and got a call from them the next day that again the car was ready. Before even driving there I asked the service rep what they did and he said that they cut the rotors and replaced the rear pads. I thought to myself OK that sounds normal and went to the dealer to pick up the car. On my way home I still felt the car vibrating so I called the dealer back again and spoke to my service rep. I explained that the car was still vibrating and the services rep asked me to bring it back in and take a ride with the shop foreman this time. I did as I was asked and this time the shop foreman felt the vibration so I left the car for a second time. Please keep in mind that this was the second time I left the car but my third time there. I get a call the next day telling me that my car was fixed again. Again I asked what was done and they said they replaced the rear rotors and pads again. Again I went to pick up the car and on the way home again felt the vibration. Called the dealer AGAIN and was asked to bring it back again so that the service manager could feel the vibration. After a few start and stops he agreed that there was a vibration. So I dropped the car off again. About 5 days later I get a call that again the car is done. This time they replaced the front rotors and pads. So I go pick up the car again. Again on the way home I feel the vibration. They ask me to come in and drop the car off again. Again I take the car in and take another ride with the shop forman and again the car vibrated like a jackhammer. This time they tell me to bring it back in a week. I said, NO that's not acceptable and that's not what is going to happen. They are going to give me a loaner and hold the car until they can get a manufacturers rep there and get this fixed once and for all. They in turn refused to give me a loaner car and started arguing with my g/f as she was even more fed up than me with this. The service manager became very rude and accused me of threatening him because I raised my voice and was starting to yell because they wanted us to drive our broken car that was in a very unsafe condiiton. (I would like to point out that I am a VERY calm, cool and collected guy that was more than friendly and cordial on my previous 5 visits to the dealer for this issue and this was my sixth time at the dealer for this issue.) He then proceeded to call the local PD on me stating that I was threatening him, to which I stated, that was not a threat, a threat would be if I said that I was going to walk over there and break your knee's. Anyway the local PD arrives and the service manager proceeds to LIE to the police telling them that I threatened him. The police didn't seem to believe him as they didn't arrest me or anything just asked me to leave the property.

So as of this moment I'm stuck with a car that vibrate's VIOLENTLY under hard brakes and just plain vibrates under normal braking. Infiniti of NA's consumer line wont let you speak to a supervisor to express your concern's, Infiniti of Englewood stated that the brake problem is my fault becuase of the way that I drive, which is based off a test drive I took with their tech to show him how the car acted under the various braking circumstances which included some hard braking as a demonstration.
if you want to come see my dealership i'll see if i can help you on that.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:23 PM
yeah, that dealership is going to crap. I left because of all of the bullshi* that was going on. After they changed ownership, it became infiniti of englewood. I believe they are the same owner from atlantic infiniti. Anyway, the shop foreman is a real moron. I almost got into a physical fight with him. I quit because of all the stupid changes that were being made from workers to managers. Back in 2004, business was the best. I was a tech for them from 2003.5 to 2007.5 And I HAD to leave. If I stayed any longer, I would have been fired and arrested for beating that tard of a foreman who doesn't know how to fix a god damn thing.

Xtacy OD, I'm sorry you're having all of these problems. If I were you, I would file a lemon law. As long as you have all your paper work with your signature for releasing the car to you, you have no worries.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by XtacyOD

I bet the damn dealer never fixed a damn thing on your brake system. They just hope you'd get frustrated and walk away. The service they provided you was the "WAll Job" which means they parked your car against the wall after you left, and retrieve it when you were there to pick it up. I don't mean to be funny as it is frequently done by the slime ball dealers on minor jobs. Write to the BBB and the state consumer protection bureau and enclosed all the paper work. I would fight it and yes use the Lemon Law.