NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some of you guys that added names on the top list need to post on the second as well if you plan on meeting at Best Buy in Va Beach to caravan up to the main meeting spot.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by munsterrr
Hey im pretty sure i will make it to that drive/meet on the 15th. Go ahead and add me to the list.
Its called "QUOTE" see what I did to your post, do that to the list and add your name. Now that wasn't that hard was it?

Old 02-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
name is Zach everyone just calls me munster BTW

Old 02-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for all the noobs, anybody rollin in a damn sedan??

Old 02-20-2009, 03:46 PM
my head hurts from processing all that information.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Ok so I think it's pretty clear at this point that Buddha is having a bad day and is taking it out on everybody in the forum...

Looks like we got a few new faces around here all at once. That's awesome. It's about time the G scene got some love in Hampton Roads.

Originally Posted by munsterrr
Hey im pretty sure i will make it to that drive/meet on the 15th. Go ahead and add me to the list.
Hey man when we do these lists all you need to do is copy and paste the list into a new post and add yourself to the bottom. We're not very official around here

Originally Posted by GCoupeSkirt
Hey...so, I'm military and I just transferred to Norfolk...I was warned that the roads here suck and I didn't realize how bad until today. I flippn hit a deep, deep pothole on the highway this morning and broke my driver rear suspension! WTF?! My car is currently sitting in the auto hobby shop on base. I'm gonna have to go back in the morning and put my stock suspension back on and hope that is all that is needed to be done....however, if there is more broken than I can fix...can anyone recommend a reliable and close performance car shop??? Please, I prefer to work off referrals than just opening a phone book...

BTW: I drive an 04, 6 speed, black G Coupe...I powder coated my stock rims black w/ red and blue glitter...wicked cute...and I change my exhust with an Apex'i...so hott...but, I changed my suspension out like 3 years ago with JIC suspension and this is a flippn mess- I hope JIC will replace that damn part...I'm rambling but I'm stressing out hardcore right now...help!!

Thanks...

misty annette -Chesapeake.
mistyannettediaz@yahoo.com
Welcome Glitter wheels...I gotta see that. The roads around here are absolutely atrocious. You will spend most of your driving time scanning for and swerving to avoid potholes and the speed bumps VDOT creates when they fill the potholes 6 inches too high.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey...so, I'm military and I just transferred to Norfolk...I was warned that the roads here suck and I didn't realize how bad until today. I flippn hit a deep, deep pothole on the highway this morning and broke my driver rear suspension! WTF?! My car is currently sitting in the auto hobby shop on base. I'm gonna have to go back in the morning and put my stock suspension back on and hope that is all that is needed to be done....however, if there is more broken than I can fix...can anyone recommend a reliable and close performance car shop??? Please, I prefer to work off referrals than just opening a phone book...

BTW: I drive an 04, 6 speed, black G Coupe...I powder coated my stock rims black w/ red and blue glitter...wicked cute...and I change my exhust with an Apex'i...so hott...but, I changed my suspension out like 3 years ago with JIC suspension and this is a flippn mess- I hope JIC will replace that damn part...I'm rambling but I'm stressing out hardcore right now...help!!

Thanks...

welcome...we need more ladies here! All Aspect Motorsports in Chesapeake..Keenen over there will take care of you.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 PM
HR Roster page

My computer ate itself so I need to redo that roster page I built. If everybody can either post up or PM me a link to the image you want up on the roster page I'll get it back up and running in a jiffy. If you can make the image somewhere between 640x480 and 1280x1024 that would be awesome. I can make the thumbnails.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by shadow637xxx
Nooooob here in chesapeake Va looking for some "go". Are there any shops in tidewater that know what they are doing? L/R 05 Coupe.
citymunky Motorsports

Newby to everything.......and an "old" guy. Was looking at getting throttle body bored 2mm over ad the plenum and spacer. Nitrous kit from Dyno tune. Any thoughts?
A bored TB make almost no noticable gains on the VQ35. Also what year is your G, and do you have a 6MT or 5AT. This info will me help you mod the right way.

Hey...so, I'm military and I just transferred to Norfolk...I was warned that the roads here suck and I didn't realize how bad until today. I flippn hit a deep, deep pothole on the highway this morning and broke my driver rear suspension! WTF?! My car is currently sitting in the auto hobby shop on base. I'm gonna have to go back in the morning and put my stock suspension back on and hope that is all that is needed to be done....however, if there is more broken than I can't fix...can anyone recommend a reliable and close performance car shop??? Please, I prefer to work off referrals than just opening a phone book...

Thanks...

citymunky Motorsports is my pick again. I also douth JIC will replace a 3 year old part. Also after your suspension is replace / done remember to get a rear wheel alignment check.

Originally Posted by 3Buddha5
Its called "QUOTE" see what I did to your post, do that to the list and add your name. Now that wasn't that hard was it?

Somebody get Buddha some food.

Last edited by citymunky; 02-20-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:07 PM
City Monkey.....I have an 05 5AT

Old 02-20-2009, 05:44 PM
1)10 TIL 4 (Randy)
2)citymunky (Jon)
3)RedlineZdude (Kent)
4)thepitt02 (Brian)
5)my350isblack (Joey)
6)halfass872 (Addam)
7)NIZZMO (Mike)
8)Axel (Rich)
9)Racerx121 (Brendon)
10)HTT760 (rufio)
11)fishhouse (fish)
12)jlinc04 (Jon) + 2 (M3 & 370Z)
13)jtcohen (jeff)
14)zackplett
15)nismo0035
16)zul8r-(Frank) I'll be there with my new wheels and new 700+ retune
17)D-tuned(Dameon)
18)AdioG35 (Carlos)
19)Boost240sx (Adam)
20) TZCCVA (Don) Local Z Club Support
21) munsterrr (Zach)
22) blkcpg35 (matt)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)

Old 02-20-2009, 05:48 PM
1)Halfass872 (Addam)
2)citymunky (munky)
3)fishhouse (fish)
4)munsterrr (Zach)
5)jtcohen (jeffro)
6)blkcpg35 (matt)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Old 02-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
I think buddha's wants is BBQ now...it's codes fault!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Does anyone tune the G's in the area and if so what do they use? Osris, etc?

I have a pile of parts waiting to be installed when I get back in Apr-Injen CAI, Skunk2 Spacer, grounding kit, Borla exhaust...and need to get my 2nd remote programmed...anyone know where to get that done other than the dealer?

Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by GJ Hazlett
Does anyone tune the G's in the area and if so what do they use? Osris, etc?

I have a pile of parts waiting to be installed when I get back in Apr-Injen CAI, Skunk2 Spacer, grounding kit, Borla exhaust...and need to get my 2nd remote programmed...anyone know where to get that done other than the dealer?
There are no local tuners I would take my car too. Check out function:TUNED. Dave is a cool guy, and a Good Tuner.

This is a test to how much a stock motor could handle.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ooT3sMHlDf8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ooT3sMHlDf8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

City Monkey.....I have an 05 5AT
As I say before a TB overbore is almost worthless. Also FYI you have a Non Rev-Up motor. As far as plenums and spacers go
MotorDyne Engineering makes the best stuff out Hands Down. Tony the owner has put years of R&D into his products. MotorDyne offers two size plenums spacers. 5/16" produces more Mid-Range (Useable) HP. The 1/2" produces more Top-End / Peak HP. For street driving I would pick the 5/16" and for the track use I would pick the 1/2". What kind of plenum are you looking at? MotorDyne makes the MREV2, however it a waste of money on Non Rev-Up's, since the MREVs are modified Non Rev-Up lower Plenums. If you are looking for a Upper Plenum like the APS tallboy or the Kenteix's Spec V, keep in mind they do the same thing as the 5/16 or 1/2 spacers. You can get either a spacer or upper plenum not both. I could explain in more detail in person.

Last edited by citymunky; 02-20-2009 at 07:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Quick Reply: Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?