NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Around 930 tonight ill be at cogans with a few...if you want to meet up let me know

Old 04-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Citymunky Motorsports will be open TMRW Sunday April 10, at 1030, Bring clothes to get dirty in food and drinks and ready to get busy... Thanks Buddha and Munky for the info....I got the Chicken and some drinks.....

Old 04-09-2011, 10:47 AM
CLUB MODERATOR

Received 189 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by howesg35
I mean I trust you guys input, no questioning here. Just didn't really understand why it was that way. You guys have been doing this a lot longer than me. I also came from hondas, like a month ago lol. So just still learning. I am very greatfull for all you guys help, and for not being short with me and just telling me to find out for my self and search, as I don't have a lot of time on my hands. And apologize for my ignorance on the matter.
On that note, I'm probably still going to eventually get an intake, understanding no gains. However, I am partial to the sound and looks, and have plans of tuning in near future as soon as I get all the other little things I want and figure out what program to use.
I appreciate all the help and input you guys have kicked my way.
You can take the advice from these guys for what it is worth and know that they are here to help. They have gone through the various different setups to know what works and doesn't for the VQ platform. In no way can you compare the G's to Honda's, they are totally different and have to break your mindset away from what worked for your Honda would be the same for the VQ. I am confident that these guys are steering you in the right direction with their recommendations and trying to keep you from making undue costly mistakes that you may regret in the long run. It is understandable that you are new to the scene but doing your research will greatly help with your understanding on what direction you wish to end up with whether it be NA or FI. I am not trying to center you out from the other new guys on here as this is for everyone else in the area that would like to join up in the group to learn more from these guys and possibly be part of the club in time. Meet up with them and get to know them more on a personal level......

Last edited by G 30-FI; 04-10-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RaheemG35
Citymunky Motorsports will be open TMRW Sunday April 10, at 1030, Bring clothes to get dirty in food and drinks and ready to get busy... Thanks Buddha and Munky for the info....I got the Chicken and some drinks.....
Sounds good. Pm directions
Thanks

Old 04-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by G 30-FI
You can take the advice from these guys for what it is worth and know that they are here to help. They have gone through the various different setups to know what works and doesn't for the VQ platform. In no way can you compare the G's to Honda's, they are totally different and have to break your mindset away from what worked for your Honda would be the same for the VQ. I am confident that these guys are steering you in the right direction with their recommendations and trying to keep you from making undue costly mistakes that you may regret in the long run. It is understandable that you are new to the seen but doing your research will greatly help with your understanding on what direction you wish to end up with whether it be NA or FI. I am not trying center you out from the other new guys on here as this is for everyone else in the area that would like to join up in the group to learn more from these guys and possibly be part of the club in time. Meet up with them and get to know them more on a personal level......
+1

I was only at one meet ( due to work ) But met a lot a great people and can not wait to get back.. everyone has their own experience with different parts.. I bought my stuff i have now with trial and error... Sh*t i have a 350z exhaust.. Didnt know there was a 5-6 inch difference.. and plus i was set on buying a 350z also.. until my car came up.. exhaust,Springs, rims, camber,intake.. Just did some research on here or different websites and just winged it... But ive learned from it and if anyone asked i'd be more than happy to lead them in the right direction, and save a few bucks here or there.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Pm directions this way too please.
Thanks.

Yea I cannot afford trial and error, lol. That's why I have been asking everyone in here for advice. I have done some research. But it never hurts to get a second opinion from some local guys that I can actually see their cars and what works for them, and learn some things on installs and what not.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by 3Buddha5
look were not gonna give any advices to certain point its your damn car and your money. do what you wanna do it seriously, if you wanna know our opinion part, its cost you 50 bucks, we did our research and all the stuff we need to know about the cars. we tell you things to get or what not the result from OUR research, and you question it? what ever man do what you want. like i said its YOU MONEY...we might not agree to your choices but does it matter? its YOU choice..................... got some thing to say LMK... and if you do best bet is to sell your car and bounce............... go look at the DIY threads learn from it, you cant learn from what we tell you, you learn from EXPERIENCE............

sincerly,
Infiniti/Nissan Master Tech.
Citymunky Lead Tech.
Damn buddha lol, who is that directed towards haha
Us new *****

Old 04-09-2011, 02:02 PM
I mean I trust you guys input, no questioning here. Just didn't really understand why it was that way. You guys have been doing this a lot longer than me. I also came from hondas, like a month ago lol. So just still learning. I am very greatfull for all you guys help, and for not being short with me and just telling me to find out for my self and search, as I don't have a lot of time on my hands. And apologize for my ignorance on the matter.
On that note, I'm probably still going to eventually get an intake, understanding no gains. However, I am partial to the sound and looks, and have plans of tuning in near future as soon as I get all the other little things I want and figure out what program to use.
I appreciate all the help and input you guys have kicked my way.
Citymunky motorsports is glad to help. Just remember knowledge is power, lol.

Originally Posted by ambiguous113
Gonna be bringing my car here from california next month. lookin forward to joinin the group. Any other CB's in the mix?
Welcome , I'm not currently aware of other CB G's in the area. So if I see one, I would guess it would be you, lol.

Originally Posted by sergdor
Thanks. I was reading up in the pulleys and most people say the same thing. Coils should be coming next month I just need to ask around to see which ones are giving a nice ride.
Coils are a touchy subject in regards to ride quality/performance. It really depends what you are looking for, looks or performance/quality. If going for looks, then pretty much any height adjustable coilover will provide what you need. In terms of performance/ride quality, the manufacturer of the coilover is as important as the post-install setup (e.g, cornerweighting, preload adjustment, etc.) Not that I track my G or 240, but this site opened my eyes to the world of suspension tuning --> http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets18.html

Originally Posted by VA 04 g35
Around 930 tonight ill be at cogans with a few...if you want to meet up let me know
Would like to go, but i'll be at work....again. lol.

Originally Posted by RaheemG35
I'll be there and will bring some tools as well.

Originally Posted by G 30-FI
You can take the advice from these guys for what it is worth and know that they are here to help. They have gone through the various different setups to know what works and doesn't for the VQ platform. In no way can you compare the G's to Honda's, they are totally different and have to break your mindset away from what worked for your Honda would be the same for the VQ. I am confident that these guys are steering you in the right direction with their recommendations and trying to keep you from making undue costly mistakes that you may regret in the long run. It is understandable that you are new to the seen but doing your research will greatly help with your understanding on what direction you wish to end up with whether it be NA or FI. I am not trying center you out from the other new guys on here as this is for everyone else in the area that would like to join up in the group to learn more from these guys and possibly be part of the club in time. Meet up with them and get to know them more on a personal level......
+1000, Well said tony On that note, all the new guys would benefit alot showing up to meets and getting to know us.

Pm directions this way too please.
Thanks.

Yea I cannot afford trial and error, lol. That's why I have been asking everyone in here for advice. I have done some research. But it never hurts to get a second opinion from some local guys that I can actually see their cars and what works for them, and learn some things on installs and what not.
That's why this thread is great, we have a pretty good knowledge base about the G being enthusiasts/techs/etc.

Old 04-09-2011, 02:46 PM
This new guy is trying to meet up lol. If SOMEOñe would pm me some directions lol.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Buddha,
just got back from North Atlanta infiniti and guess what!? Remember how my Right front wheel shifted like oh 6 inches when breaking!? I had what was told needed replacing done at CB, then come to find out ball joint is cracked also. Are you the only decent person at CB?!

S.N. Just put the kinetix ssv intake manifold on.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Citymunky Motorsports is open is anyone coming out?

Old 04-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Yes! On the way

Old 04-10-2011, 06:42 PM
City Munky Motorsports was in full effect today. Thanks for helping me and giving me the advice on my G.
[IMG]

[/IMG]

Old 04-10-2011, 06:45 PM
My car after the Drop TEIN S-Tech. 2in Front 1.3 Rear.

Last edited by RaheemG35; 04-10-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Mad respect for city munkey motorsports. Had my iso thermal space in and ready to rock in 10min. These guys deff know what they're doing. Smart guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Quick Reply: Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?