NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...s-results.html
"you can get a net of 5-10hp with SUPPORTING MODS"

Old 04-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VA 04 g35
https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...s-results.html
"you can get a net of 5-10hp with SUPPORTING MODS"
If you don't feel like reading all of it, this is an excerpt from the link which sums up the CAI myth on the VQ -->"Without tuning and calibration the ECU cannot adapt to a MAF housing that is a different size than the stock one. Whether larger or smaller, the ECU will likely have issue with adapting to a MAF housing that isn’t the same size as the stock housing" If you cannot grasp this concept, then insisting CAI's w/o SUPPORTING MODS (e.g. retune etc.) are effective without knowing the operating tolerances of the ECU and MAF sensor is just plain ignorant.

Also, if you look at the data sheet link on his thread you will realize that putting in a NEW OEM filter yields the best bang for the buck. Go figure, the real engineers at the engine design section of nissan know a thing or two

Last edited by Cabad85; 04-08-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
look were not gonna give any advices to certain point its your damn car and your money. do what you wanna do it seriously, if you wanna know our opinion part, its cost you 50 bucks, we did our research and all the stuff we need to know about the cars. we tell you things to get or what not the result from OUR research, and you question it? what ever man do what you want. like i said its YOU MONEY...we might not agree to your choices but does it matter? its YOU choice..................... got some thing to say LMK... and if you do best bet is to sell your car and bounce............... go look at the DIY threads learn from it, you cant learn from what we tell you, you learn from EXPERIENCE............

sincerly,
Infiniti/Nissan Master Tech.
Citymunky Lead Tech.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:05 AM
now for sunday....11 am, PM for the address

Old 04-09-2011, 12:13 AM
I will admit that most aftermarket intakes do sound awesome on the VQ! But that's all you would gain really.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sergdor
Im looking for a nice set of coilovers, underdrive pulleys, camber kit, and exhaust. Anyone have something laying around they are looking to sell?

Where do you all recommended getting my tint redone. Im looking at putting 30 or 35% all around.
Stay away from the underdrive pulleys. They are lead to a fuc<ed engine

Originally Posted by howesg35
Damn, all the way to maryland or DC for a tune. That is outrageous. Hondas seem to be a much cheaper hobby ($ for hp). And CAI's are so expensive for these whips, that really grinds my gears.
I when to ATL. You got to pay to play.

Originally Posted by Diaz
EVERYONE drives a honda, thats why
I never owned a Honda in my life.

Originally Posted by sergdor
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN...Q5fAccessories

Link to some Megan racing coilovers. Does the price look right?
For $900 I would find better coilovers

anybody have any used stuff for sale
I have a fidanza flywheel

Originally Posted by G35Nut
Need some help putting overlays on headlight and tailight. Anyone have experience? cause I do not.
I installed them on my G way back in 2006. All you need is a heat gun (which I have), soapy water, and squeegee, its not that hard.

Probably going to order the exhaust and testpipe this week, already have spacer waiting to meet my g, need some sort of intake, any advice on install would be appreciated, as I have not done this before. Also, will it run alright with all that stuff and no tune?

Why would this make you loose power though. I thought more air is better.
Would you see gains from it after tuning?
If you add more air, you also need to add more fuel. Our ECU can only do so much before you need a reflash/tune

Originally Posted by KidStealthG35
If you need someone to install stuff for you hit up citymunkey... Good price for the work. He is about to do my exhaust for me.
Yup

Well I am going to continue to investigate, hopefully it is something else. I have never herd a g sound like that. This is unacceptable, I sound like a damn diesel truck going down the road.
Also, is there a reason my shifter pushes down? Typically that means you have to push down for reverse, however, it goes in reverse fine without.

Any body have any experience with titek test pipes? Yay or nay. I have a feeling it doesn't really matter, just a straight through pipe, all pretty much the same I would imagine.
The welds are what you are paying for. I had them with my HKS, I like HFC's better, plus if you have VA tags you will NOT pass the VA state safety inspection with test pipes.

Originally Posted by AOAN McLeod USN
Okay Fellas, I have 1,000 and i think its time to give my car a treat, what do you suggest?i'm looking for a variety of things not just one thing thats costs 900, Like 200 here and 200 there and 200 errwere lol. Thanks guys
Originally Posted by AOAN McLeod USN
Now what exacly are Z Tubes and what do they do. Its sad when i can tell you everything about my Navy Stike Attack Jet but not about my own car lol
I would sell the rims you have and looking into nicer set. Look here http://https://g35driver.com/forums/...al-photos.html

Z-tubes are the stock intake tubes from a 350Z.

Also please lay off the Navy stuff, we understand you love your job, but this is a car forum.

Last edited by citymunky; 04-09-2011 at 05:40 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Munky!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let them know

Old 04-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Hey buddha, having computer (my doo doo blackberry) problems. Did you receive PM.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Did i miss something.. Or are we fighting?

Old 04-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Diaz
Did i miss something.. Or are we fighting?
No.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
no fighting here....just a little frustration going on. people ask for help and when given help they seem to want to question it. when i first got my g35 i was clueless. i got on here and searched for info on what mods i wanted. i learned how to install all my mods by myself from the dyi treads. i am willing to help people to choose and install mods, but when people ask for help and then question it...well all i can say is there is a search feature on this site, youll find info to support what i said...i spent hours researching for what mods i wanted to do, the g35 mods are expensive and i wanted the best bang for the buck...i came form the honda seen like buddha, and one thing i can say...the vq does not work like a b/k series motor...if you have a question that i cant answer, ill be fast to give you "i dont know". ask munky, buddha, cabad, all our install have been done with the help of the DYI treads

Last edited by EL-EE-ES; 04-09-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:32 AM
I mean I trust you guys input, no questioning here. Just didn't really understand why it was that way. You guys have been doing this a lot longer than me. I also came from hondas, like a month ago lol. So just still learning. I am very greatfull for all you guys help, and for not being short with me and just telling me to find out for my self and search, as I don't have a lot of time on my hands. And apologize for my ignorance on the matter.
On that note, I'm probably still going to eventually get an intake, understanding no gains. However, I am partial to the sound and looks, and have plans of tuning in near future as soon as I get all the other little things I want and figure out what program to use.
I appreciate all the help and input you guys have kicked my way.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
Gonna be bringing my car here from california next month. lookin forward to joinin the group. Any other CB's in the mix?

Old 04-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone trying to meet up later? Candi is having a girl party later and I am not trying to be there. Hit me up and let me know.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by citymunky
Stay away from the underdrive pulleys. They are lead to a fuc<ed engine

For $900 I would find better coilovers
Thanks. I was reading up in the pulleys and most people say the same thing. Coils should be coming next month I just need to ask around to see which ones are giving a nice ride.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Quick Reply: Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?