NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If you go with test pipes get resonated ones, i ordered some megans for 100 bucks and im going to try them out, and maybe sell my HFC's if i like the test pipes. But we will see... Resonated TP's will remove that ricer sound that my 240 has but im also running 2 3/4 " straight on my 240 lol...

Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Project, you still lookin to sell your stainless brake line?

Old 04-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by KidStealthG35
If you go with test pipes get resonated ones, i ordered some megans for 100 bucks and im going to try them out, and maybe sell my HFC's if i like the test pipes. But we will see... Resonated TP's will remove that ricer sound that my 240 has but im also running 2 3/4 " straight on my 240 lol...

forgot to add that if you dont have a CAI or z tube or something helping more air or a spacer then test pipes can also increase the rate of backfiring and sounding like a civic so be careful not to turn your beautiful G into a civic

Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my spacer today, looking for intake, and HFC or testpipes now
Wouldn't a resanator essentially restrict just as much as cats would?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by howesg35
I just got my spacer today, looking for intake, and HFC or testpipes now
Wouldn't a resanator essentially restrict just as much as cats would?

eh, my brother has resonated TP's and he likes them, his car sounds alright. not as nice sounding as HFC's but his car seems to get on it a little harder than mine does. We both have essentially the same mods so idk. TP's are cheap though so if you dont like them, just get HFC's and sell the TP's on here

Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Diaz
Do you guys ever realize how active the Hampton roads and Richmond thread is.... There is A LOT of views and replies, compared to the others

Maybe thats saying something..
yea its been active, but only when people would actually show up to our meet and greet. given this area is a military town, people in and out with work, but for those who keep saying yea im down to meet up, or what not. but when the time comes, WHERE THEY AT?????
this thread has been way active for a long time, but majority are just lurkers.........

https://g35driver.com/forums/5601858-post5794.html

Old 04-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
so true....we see many people come and go

Old 04-06-2011, 10:48 PM
What about this M2 cat back exhaust, why is it only 360 shipped? I know its HKS replica but is it any good

Old 04-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Diaz
Do you guys ever realize how active the Hampton roads and Richmond thread is.... There is A LOT of views and replies, compared to the others

Maybe thats saying something..
It has been like that since our first big get together in '08. We've actually worked hard at getting the hampton roads area recognized since the function tuned meet in '09. Big catalyst in getting the G's together as a group was citymunky. We really would be just another region on this forum if this wasn't a collective effort.

Originally Posted by 3Buddha5
yea its been active, but only when people would actually show up to our meet and greet. given this area is a military town, people in and out with work, but for those who keep saying yea im down to meet up, or what not. but when the time comes, WHERE THEY AT?????
this thread has been way active for a long time, but majority are just lurkers.........

https://g35driver.com/forums/5601858-post5794.html

+1 Everytime we setup a meet or a convoy, it's only the usual suspects. As many G's there are apparently on this thread I have yet to spot anyone other than the few that I know personally. National G Club has expanded into this area, let's promote our common interest by showing up at meets/convoys to meets. April 17th is coming up!

Originally Posted by VA 04 g35
so true....we see many people come and go
+1 Many drifters come in through this thread, most fall off the radar after a short while due to military or w/e other obligations/issues.

What about this M2 cat back exhaust, why is it only 360 shipped? I know its HKS replica but is it any good
Never heard of it, but as long as the tubing is not smaller, crappy weld joints and/or thinner than tin foil, it can't be too different from HKS in terms of performance. An exhaust is just a means to an end, if you're not boosting, it's not that big of a deal which one you go with. It's all a matter of personal preference, e.g. sound. In fact, my personal preference is the stock exhaust note on the 1st gen coupes, that's just me.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:02 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
eh, my brother has resonated TP's and he likes them, his car sounds alright. not as nice sounding as HFC's but his car seems to get on it a little harder than mine does. We both have essentially the same mods so idk. TP's are cheap though so if you dont like them, just get HFC's and sell the TP's on here
Ya, i bought the resonated TP's... But i agree HFC is the way to go.. That will be my next purchase... eh, maybe next week... I already spent wayyyyy to much money on my Clifford in the last week.

Originally Posted by 3Buddha5
Damn.. I'm one of those guys It just sucks because i get called in all the time during the weekends... But this year (when i get back) I WILL be more active... No point in spending so much money and not showing it off a little bit

Old 04-07-2011, 04:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Cabad85
+1 Everytime we setup a meet or a convoy, it's only the usual suspects. As many G's there are apparently on this thread I have yet to spot anyone other than the few that I know personally. National G Club has expanded into this area, let's promote our common interest by showing up at meets/convoys to meets. April 17th is coming up! .

I'll be back end of May.. Pretty much when Project leaves

Old 04-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Probably going to order the exhaust and testpipe this week, already have spacer waiting to meet my g, need some sort of intake, any advice on install would be appreciated, as I have not done this before. Also, will it run alright with all that stuff and no tune?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Project
Post pics when your done im always bitter about the dealing with them and my kit.
As soon I get it on ill make sure I post it.

Anyone got a set of spacer they are looking to get rid of?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:41 AM

If you like the sound of your test pipes I might be in the market for your HFC.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Probably going to order the exhaust and testpipe this week, already have spacer waiting to meet my g, need some sort of intake, any advice on install would be appreciated, as I have not done this before. Also, will it run alright with all that stuff and no tune?
these are the simplest installs on the g...the spacer is easy as long are you follow the direction, the only thing you can f' up is striping the bolts. as far as intakes...an intake is an intake on the g, its not like hondas and whatnot, you will not see any major gains, more than likely youll get a loss of hp. imo z-tube and drop in filter or z-tube stillen box is the way to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Quick Reply: Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?