NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Buddha5
get together this saturday at CMM's HQ munky needs some help with some stuff at the house......plus another excuse for everyone to get together, PM me for more INFO and stuff... hope to see ya there...
im gonna be there around 9-10 am helping out can roll through anytime.

I'll be there in the AM, still working nights(going on 3 months now) so I'll be at CMM HQ until 2pm or so.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
To anybody coming over, wear a outfit to get dirty in just in case.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey whats up guys, I Live in virginia beach, and i am new to site/g35. Just kinda got out of the honda scene. looking to start getting stuff for g (04 6mt laser red). if anybody has any used parts for sale or knows the best place to order, please let me know. I have money, dont have parts, would like to reverse that

Old 04-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Welcome. Is you car completely stock?

You can get lots of used parts under the classified section.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:16 PM
yes car is completely stock, was looking to hopefully buy from local people, it is alot easier, or order from a site. however was looking at intakes, and i find it odd that people are saying they are making more power out of these cheap little plastic intake tubes and boxes lol, as to where with hondas CAI was always the way to go. so a little confused on that.

also i have ordered the MD 5/16 iso spacer, but now realizing probably dont have the time to install, is it a time consuming install as i work about 50-60 hours a week welding at shipyard. not sure how i would feel about coming home after a 10 hour day at the shipyard and doing a three hour install on my car lol. but any insite or finger in the right direction would be appreciated as far as intakes.

also looking at ordering berk tech test pipes, any info on these would be greatly appreciated as well.

KICK ME SOME KNOWLEDGE

Old 04-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I got the NISMO CAI. It is definantly nice and people only recommend that you stay with the drop in filter and pipes because alot of us FI them eventually to get real power gains and the CAI's for the VQ are expensive so its basically wasting your money. Also, the G35 already has an awesome intake system bar the spacer issue. If you get the spacer I will put it on for you, but I dont get back in the states until July. It's really not that difficult, its like installing a gasket lol.

About the test pipes... I would go with HFC's. They sound better and they perform better to my likings i guess. I have a 240 with straight pipes and its loud and sounds like a 4 cylinder... thats what its suppose to do. But with the V6 i like having a little deeper sound to it than the other G's and 350's i hear with test pipes that still sound like 4cyl ricers.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Project
Welcome. Is you car completely stock?

You can get lots of used parts under the classified section.
Hey man, my wife told me about how she had 3 20's and you only took 40. I really appreciate that. Also, did you clean those up? She sent me a picture and they look good. Thanks bro.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Project
Anyone else interested in those tanabe df210's?
You know ill take these if you cant find someone local. So you saw my car right? What do you think of the rims in person? Sadly i still havent seen them in person yet, just pictures :/

Old 04-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah hfc's just seem to cost a lot more, and I can't imagine much gain seeing as how there is still cats there. Yeah I have been looking either between nismo or injen CAI but people were saying that there is no gain, maybe even a loss.
I am also looking for springs, like tein s techs or something, something subtle. Most likely not going to go the FI route, just want a nice daily with a little bit more power, maybe just nismo cams or something of that nature in near future

Old 04-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by KidStealthG35
You know ill take these if you cant find someone local. So you saw my car right? What do you think of the rims in person? Sadly i still havent seen them in person yet, just pictures :/
They look good. They need a little cleaning haha your wife said she rather drive your G then her mustang. I already sold the springs yesterday to another local he dropped them in yesterday on his sedan pretty decent drop. No problem on the money thing your local and also military so i got you.

Originally Posted by howesg35
Yeah hfc's just seem to cost a lot more, and I can't imagine much gain seeing as how there is still cats there. Yeah I have been looking either between nismo or injen CAI but people were saying that there is no gain, maybe even a loss.
I am also looking for springs, like tein s techs or something, something subtle. Most likely not going to go the FI route, just want a nice daily with a little bit more power, maybe just nismo cams or something of that nature in near future
Cats actually give you a great gain and also a deep sound to your exhaust.

As far as the intake the stock one is designed to flow with the intake and its been dyno'ed to prove it. Your best option is get the k&n panel filter and a ztube. The only upside of a CAI is the sound. So power or sound is what your really choosing between. If you are going to get test pipes I would recommend the Motordyne pipes. They are also dyno proven. To be on the safe side look into anti-foulers so you dont wreck your o2 sensors.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:44 PM
So do you all ever have any local meets or cruises or anything.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by howesg35
So do you all ever have any local meets or cruises or anything.
read couple pages back..............

Old 04-04-2011, 01:16 AM
Anyone interested in some stainless steel brake lines?

They are from japan i need to pull the manufacturer off them. Forgot i had them wanted to do with my brake job but never got around to it. Still in box.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:44 AM
LEK
That Guy

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
^^ more info and how much?

Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 AM
So I will see some gains with nismo CAI, HFC's, and MD 5/16 iso spacer. Also, where can I take car once I get decent ecu (osirus or what not) to get tuned

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Quick Reply: Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?