NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Ray Catena (NJ) loaners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ray Catena (NJ) loaners

Has anyone serviced their car at Ray Catena Infiniti, yet? If so, what kind of car did you get as a loaner? I have an appointment next Monday, and need to know if there are any tips of getting a G Sedan or an FX35, instead of an I35. I'd hate to get an I35 as a loaner. Maybe they give you a G35 by default, but I'd like to be prepared. Hey, another coupe will be nice .

Old 08-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Re: Ray Catena (NJ) loaners

this doesn't help, but they told me and i forgot. i think you can get sedan.

let me know.

Old 08-02-2003, 12:06 AM

When I bought my car they told me I would get a Sedan, but when I called service yesterday, they said "you will get whatever is available." That really pissed me off. I want to call my sales person, and tell her to get me an FX35 .

Old 08-02-2003, 07:34 AM

it all depends on availability. if they give you the fx45, let me know.

Old 08-02-2003, 11:04 PM

I did my service with them on 7/29 and they gave me an I35 to take it overnight. The car is actually not that bad -- very comfortable & smooth ride. No complaint.

Old 08-03-2003, 02:46 AM

That's what I am afraid of. Hopefully, I'll get at least the G.

Old 08-03-2003, 08:16 AM

realistically speaking, if i bring my car in for svc and they give me a decent loaner, i'm happy. i think i could survive a night without mega horsepower.

Old 08-03-2003, 01:10 PM

I'd rather get a G for two reasons:

1) that's what they promised me
2) I'd like to compare the sedan to my coupe.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Old 08-08-2003, 02:00 PM

All I know is this... I spend some time at a Jaguar board (apparently Catena sells Jags as well?), and I've heard nothing but complaints about Catena's service - no, more than complaints, more like HORROR STORIES, like they're the Dealer From Hell. I can't confirm any of this myself, but it's certainly safe to suggest you be careful when dealing with their service dep't. - make sure you're scheduled in advance, have a loaner confirmed, and check all the work they've done very carefully.

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT Leather
Premium, Aero
"There is no spoon"

Old 08-08-2003, 03:08 PM

on rt 1 in edison, catena has, in a row, jaguar, porsche, mercedes and infiniti. each have their own service. elsewhere i know he has a lexus.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:03 AM

I am taking mine in on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 08-09-2003, 02:10 AM

I recently had a G35 sedan loaner from ramsey infiniti in nj. It was nice to compare it to my coupe. The coupe rides much lower and the suspension is much stiffer, maybe the loaner didnt have the sports package on. The coupe seems more connected to the road and seems heavier and more stable. The slip ligth came on for me many times in the sedan (it was raining a little) compared to my coupe in some turns i make very often. At one point the sedan kinda scared me though, hehe, it pushed more than i expected, i wasnt expecting this from the sedan. So it felt faster, but i bet there was no difference in acceleration. The auto tranny is much better in the coupe. The coupe is smoother and the tiptronic much better than the sedan, the whole auto upshifting wasnt my thing. If the coupe had the same tiptronic as the sedan i probably would never use it. The sound seemed better, maybe it was the sub in the back. Ahhh and you have to hold the button when you want to open close the sunroof, automatic in the coupe And you cant forget about the exchaust note, nothing like the great purr and growl of the coupe. The loaner was a 2003.5. All in all it was a sweet sedan and a great loaner, but ill take my coupe over it any day

Old 08-11-2003, 10:50 PM

I took mine in today.
The service reception was very nice. I was welcomed by a lady who showed me where to go. Then someone got into my car and started "preping" it.
Besides my first oil change, I mentioned a few rattling issues I've noticed. They took care of the brake light recall without even me having to mention it. I got a bad taste in my mouth from one of the comments that the service rep made. I asked them if their car wash was brushless. He said that it was, and proceeded to say that they wash aston martins and jaguars there. I took that comment in a negative way. I know my car is not an aston martin, but the reason I asked him was because I don't want to get swirl marks on mine. I don't care if they wash ferraris there, I just don't want to ruin the paint of my car. I was going to go off, but I decided not to ruin anyone's monday morning. Besides, maybe he didn't have any bad intentions with that comment.
I got an I35, as no G35 loaners were available. That sucked, as I was looking forward to comparing my coupe to the sedan. I35 wasn't too bad. Nice ride, and I even got it up to 110 on the turnpike (didn't notice I was going that fast).
Later on I got a call stating that my car was ready to be picked up. Well, I still have a creeping noise in my driver door when I open it. I was pissed about that. I am going to call them back tomorrow.
Well, my final impression of the service department was a very pleasant one. There were two beautiful ladies at the check out counter. They had beautiful bodies, and were really pretty . They were wearing almost nothing on top. I wanted to offer them a ride home, but there was another hour before they got off from work. So, I went on about my business . Overall, it wasn't a bad experience. All bad thoughts were wiped away when I saw my beauty sitting in the parking lot. Most importantly, I definitely noticed a difference in performance after the oil change. From now on, I will change the oil every 3,000 miles, regardless if it's synthetic or not. The engine sounded really happy .
Anyway, sorry for the long post, and I hope others can share their experiences with Ray Catena Infiniti service department.

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 08-11-2003, 10:52 PM

One more thing: The boss in my coupe sounds a lot better than the one in the I35.

Old 08-12-2003, 07:30 AM

Ahh yea when I dropped mine for tail light recall, they fixed the winfow grease also. And I did take the free wash, I was a bit concerned but gave it a try. They did a great job specially the wheels, the rims were all nice, clean and shiny. And they even put tire dressing on. BY baby looked soooo pretty when i picked her back up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ray Catena (NJ) loaners