Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

thoughts on lake merritt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 12:08 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by limeg35
How bout them taco trucks along side of International blvd?

lol yum,!!!

Old 01-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ekimrekrab
If you like sushi then check out "Take Sushi" on Grand Avenue just past the lake heading toward downtown. It all depends on what you're into. Lots of great food in the area. If you into driving in the twisties, let me know. Skyline (not the Skyline Road on the Peninsula), Redwood Road and the Oakland hills offer some of the best roads around IMO. I'm up there all the time. Enjoy exploring.
My girl lives right off of Redwood and I decided to drive up there for the first time to see what it was all about this past weekend at 11pm. I just went straight on Redwood and uuuuuuhhhhhhh, never been so scared in my life. Not only is it COMPLETELY dark, I literally avoided 3-4 deers before I turned back around. It's crazy up there in the dark.......

Old 01-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Happy new house! Have you unpacked and found everything?

If you like Dim Sum, Jade Villa and Tin's Tea House are great. They both get really busy after 11:45am. Jade Villa is larger, more well known, and has more of the usual favorites with lots of fresh seafood. Tin's, which is right around the corner, has awesome basics but also has unusual seasonal items. Normally I don't order fried anything, but Tin's has a great fresh (you pick it...lol) fried fish.

Jade Villa is the easier of the two to find. It's on Broadway and 8th. Look for the green awnings. Tin's is right behind it on Franklin(?) parallel to Broadway.

I second Zachary's Pizza...

Last edited by Grace; 01-26-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM
workin...

thanks everyone, i'll be sure to check out the recommendations... still working on getting unpacked. i spent a couple of hours yesterday just buying lamps and new casters after the movers broke ours

on the bright side, i'll be setting up the A/V stuff and finally hooking up the Wii i bought on Friday!

Old 01-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live on Vernon! Right up the street from Take Sushi. I can't stand Lake Merritt anymore and I can't wait to gtf out of Oakland. Even the nicer parts are ghetto. I've only been here for a little over a year.

I'll be moving to Union City next month though to be closer to my office. I moved out here from SSF in 2005. Man I know it's supposed to be the nicer part of Oakland but I have heard 4 gun fights already. Everytime I go to any store or ATM, I have someone asking me for something. It's sort of depressing out here. Maybe I am used to the Penninsula and SF.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
I live on Vernon! Right up the street from Take Sushi. I can't stand Lake Merritt anymore and I can't wait to gtf out of Oakland. Even the nicer parts are ghetto. I've only been here for a little over a year.

I'll be moving to Union City next month though to be closer to my office. I moved out here from SSF in 2005. Man I know it's supposed to be the nicer part of Oakland but I have heard 4 gun fights already. Everytime I go to any store or ATM, I have someone asking me for something. It's sort of depressing out here. Maybe I am used to the Penninsula and SF.
Hahaha, I was afraid to get out of my car by your house.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:02 PM
workin...

oakland hills man... this area is pretty nice. claremont golf and country club, nice views of SF and the bay... pretty sick. wayyy better than lake merritt

Old 01-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
My girl lives right off of Redwood and I decided to drive up there for the first time to see what it was all about this past weekend at 11pm. I just went straight on Redwood and uuuuuuhhhhhhh, never been so scared in my life. Not only is it COMPLETELY dark, I literally avoided 3-4 deers before I turned back around. It's crazy up there in the dark.......

Yep, Redwood Road and Skyline can get full of critters once the sun goes down. Years ago a buddy and I were on his motorcycle and we hit a dear in front of Skyline High school just at sundown. Just barely grazed him but we didn't go down thank God. I grew up in that area and it is beautifiul and has some amazing roads. I'd be down for a ride in the Oakland hills anytime. Let me know if your interested.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by absolutg
oakland hills man... this area is pretty nice. claremont golf and country club, nice views of SF and the bay... pretty sick. wayyy better than lake merritt

Now your gettin' the idea of the Oakland I know. I'm tellin' ya' those roads are addicting. High speed twisties (except for some areas) from Berzerkley to Castro Valley and back. Oh MAAAN! Now I HAVE to go drive it this weekend.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Now your gettin' the idea of the Oakland I know. I'm tellin' ya' those roads are addicting. High speed twisties (except for some areas) from Berzerkley to Castro Valley and back. Oh MAAAN! Now I HAVE to go drive it this weekend.
Yep...n late at nite oh hwy13. twisties from castro valley to san ramon too on crow canyon rd.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by absolutg
found something in rockridge, moving on monday, whoohoo
dude, yor whole neighborhood is full of good restaurants on college st. oyster bar, crepevine, zachary's, citron.

best sushi in oakland is on broadway..drunkin fish...get the Shrek Roll.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:19 AM
I'd be down for a ride in the Oakland hills anytime. Let me know if your interested.
I'm definitely up for that, we should set this up sometime.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
I'm definitely up for that, we should set this up sometime.

HMMMMMM? Mid day on a Saturday usually seems best to do something like this. In the morning, Redwood Road is usually littered with bicyclists and such. I can think of several different routes to take. I've got a run that I always do that goes from Castro Valley to Berkeley and back and there's tons of other nice roads along the way. Let's see who's interested in something like this? I'm sure some of you HAVE to know this area as well as I do. I'd be more than happy to coordinate a route or six. I'll keep an eye on this link and see who's interested. I'm sure we could waste a few hours or so playin' up in the hills.

Mike

Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by G-Mony
Yep...n late at nite oh hwy13. twisties from castro valley to san ramon too on crow canyon rd.

I grew up next to HWY 13 just before the Broadway Terrace exit. That freeway was our speedway to test all modifications to our bikes and cars. Actually hit 150 on a buddies old Suzuki GS1000S on that freeway.AAHHH Memories. Oh man, now we all HAVE to go for a ride up that way. I'm Jonesin' for it.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
HMMMMMM? Mid day on a Saturday usually seems best to do something like this. In the morning, Redwood Road is usually littered with bicyclists and such. I can think of several different routes to take. I've got a run that I always do that goes from Castro Valley to Berkeley and back and there's tons of other nice roads along the way. Let's see who's interested in something like this? I'm sure some of you HAVE to know this area as well as I do. I'd be more than happy to coordinate a route or six. I'll keep an eye on this link and see who's interested. I'm sure we could waste a few hours or so playin' up in the hills.

Mike
Im up for it...let me know when.

Sounds fun...never gone on those roads but always wanted to try them. I live right in castro valley.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: thoughts on lake merritt?