Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Grrr Frontier Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007 | 10:18 AM
Alumni****
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by cloud
alberts not mod friendly haha
That's the strange part. Like I said, I had decent amount of mods and I went in with about 10 miles before warranty expired and he fixed about 10 things under warranty and didn't question any of my mods.

Albert was real cool with me. Maybe they changed policies, but yeah, looks like people don't like Frontier. Sad to hear, cause I got great service from them.

Old 02-01-2007 | 05:25 AM
Boy I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I live near this dealership and am planning on purchasing a new car from them and then going to them for my future services, since they're close. Is any service good from them? What about folks' experience with car purchases?

Otherwise, when I become a G35 owner, I'd have to service it elsewhere like Peninsula, Oakland, or even Serramonte.

Old 02-01-2007 | 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by markiev37
I live about two miles from them and will never take it to those goofballs....They're just as bad if not worse than peninsula.....
peninsula has been really good to me. replaced my dead headunit despite the fact that i had redone all my interior lights and had significant modifications to my interior. also fixed my axle clicking despite coilovers and swaybars. no hassle at all and did not damage my wheels and didnt wash my car as i asked.

Old 02-01-2007 | 11:24 AM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by bienson
Boy I hope this is not a sign of things to come. I live near this dealership and am planning on purchasing a new car from them and then going to them for my future services, since they're close. Is any service good from them? What about folks' experience with car purchases?

Otherwise, when I become a G35 owner, I'd have to service it elsewhere like Peninsula, Oakland, or even Serramonte.
I've had positive experiences at Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City. I dealt with Brian Reidy there, and he was honest and pleasant to deal with. Out of all the Bay Area dealerships I have frequented for service, my vote certainly goes to Peninsula. My car was always returned in the same perfect condition it came in, and I was made aware of everything being done to my car at all times.

Please avoid Serramonte Infiniti at all costs. Their service and sales departments should be SHUT DOWN!!!

Last edited by vodkarocket; 02-01-2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2007 | 12:40 PM
I will never go back to Frontier again.

Went in to get the rear clicking fixed, and my car came back with a quarter sized ding on my front fender.

Frontier also has the worst customer service of all dealerships i've been to.

Old 02-01-2007 | 01:10 PM
workin...
Premier Member
brad isn't mod friendly at all when the mods are in the vicinity of a TSB fix area. frontier in general is lacking with their service dept in my opinion after my experience with oakland. i think peninsula may be better and serramonte is hit or miss. andy really likes serramonte (speaking of which, where the heck is andy?)

Old 02-01-2007 | 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by bienson

i live nearby too. i'll probably still keep bringing my car there. i havent had any major problems. the service seems fine to me. i did purchase my car there, and everything was fine, until i was SO PUMPED to get my car when it came in, that i forgot my checkbook at home, and needed someone to go home and get it for me. hahahha! what an idiot.

my sales guy was john tran. also, tim in sales used to be the finance manager, but went back into sales. he's a cool dude from the south. quite a salesman. he could sell an eskimo ice. =)

Old 02-01-2007 | 11:10 PM
i have mostly delt with brad, he is cool, but not sure wha the thinks about mods. he also said the gas fill up prob (doesnt fill up all the way) was normal! and to stay away from those certain gas stations LOL

Old 02-02-2007 | 12:45 AM
workin...
Premier Member
yeah just like he told me the oil dipstick wasn't really meant to be used to check oil :eyeroll:

Old 02-02-2007 | 12:51 AM
give peninsula infiniti a try and ask for service rep brian reidy...they are very mod friendly and carry stillen stuff too.

Old 02-02-2007 | 10:37 AM
Alumni****
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by ShannieShan78
i live nearby too. i'll probably still keep bringing my car there. i havent had any major problems. the service seems fine to me. i did purchase my car there, and everything was fine, until i was SO PUMPED to get my car when it came in, that i forgot my checkbook at home, and needed someone to go home and get it for me. hahahha! what an idiot.

my sales guy was john tran. also, tim in sales used to be the finance manager, but went back into sales. he's a cool dude from the south. quite a salesman. he could sell an eskimo ice. =)
I have to disagree with John Tran or Tim being a good salesman at Frontier. John gave me absolutely no respect and when I asked to test drive, he confronted me and said, "You're not going to purchase this or any car are you?" I was like WTF, so I went to a different salesperson, Mila, and I purchased that car that night and signed the contract right on his desk too

In regards to Tim, he is not a salesman at all, I completely shut him down during finance and he was pissed off. That is not the sign of a true salesman. I straight up told him I wasn't interested in any additional warranties or what not and he just turned pissy. What a great attitude and sales skills he got there. I probably could have been convinced to do something, but he just gave up within a few seconds.

I purchased two cars from Frontier, from the sale saleswoman, and I had great service there. It's sad to see that their customer service has gone down the crap hole. I would suggest just to go to one of the two dealerships mentioned by others here for service for a no-hassle experience.

Old 02-02-2007 | 01:16 PM
Do they ask you to fill out a survey about their service after your visit with them?

Old 02-02-2007 | 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by G35Dreamz
Do they ask you to fill out a survey about their service after your visit with them?
I'd agree with G35DreamZ on this. It would be good if folks who had bad experiences at certain dealership make it known to the managemetn or Infiniti themselves. If someone or some dealership isn't representing the Infiniti company well, I'm sure and would hope Infiniti would be interested in that; especially if there aren't that many Infiniti dealership in a given area.

Yeah, I guess it takes time to make the effort; but it might help to fix bad service.

Old 02-03-2007 | 03:33 PM
Frontier Infiniti is the worst!!!!! I had my 06 coupe towed there with it leaking a red fluid, looked like transmission fluid. 2 months ago I hit a 2x4 that fell off a truck and had the front bumper, under engine cover and radiator support bracket replaced covered under my insurance. The body shop I used Frontier Infiniti happen to use and the parts were ordered through Frontier Infiniti. As far as I'm concerned all the service advisor are the worst with maybe the exception of Brad. Albert calls me tells me since the bumper and other items have been replaced the repair won't be covered under warranty and he doesn't even know what the problem is at this time. It turns out the hose to the transmission cooler developed a small leak. I bought in the paper work from the body shop to show what work was performed and told Albert to call the manager there because he would verify that nothing mechanical was touched only those items listed. Albert gives me a bad time but finally after I talk to Mitch (Sales Manager, he's the only decent guy there at that dealership) Albert tells me he's doing me a big favor by doing this under warranty. I told him I didn't like his attitude and that I felt like they were 2 separate issue and it should be covered under warranty and I don't feel you did me any favors.

I talked to Jim the Service Manager although he had the same attitude and then spoke with the owner of Frontier and amazingly he had the same type of attitude. Bottom line is now I see why Frontier sucks, THEY SUCK FROM THE OWNER ON DOWN.

Last edited by mark4x4; 02-03-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2007 | 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by markiev37
I live about two miles from them and will never take it to those goofballs....They're just as bad if not worse than peninsula.....
They have the same owner who's a dick. I would assume they must have the same service policy as Frontier which is the worst. My advice is STAY AWAY FIND ANOTHER DEALERSHIP FOR SERVICE.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Grrr Frontier Infiniti