Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Grrr Frontier Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2007 | 12:24 PM
Alumni****
Staff Alumni
I have to admit, their service manager Jim is a HUGE DICK, as well as their owner too. They are extremely cocky and just because people around that area just walk in and buy cars and use their service so often, they feel like they don't need to provide good customer service.

Like I said, I've never had a problem with the service, but talking to those guys, when I was voicing some fellow members concerns, they showed absolute no car about my constructive criticism.

Time to ban Frontier?

Old 02-04-2007 | 02:52 PM
damn, I HAD NO IDEA people had such bad experiences at this place.

Old 02-04-2007 | 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by ShannieShan78
damn, I HAD NO IDEA people had such bad experiences at this place.
I know. This is worrying me. If both Frontier and Penisula have possibly similar issues/owner. I check the BBB for Frontier and there are 2 instances of issues with Frontier, but I didn't get the exact details. They looked to be resolved/partially resolved. For a micro-second it makes me think, do I want to get a new infiniti, if I have to always drive up to Oakland or Serramonte or Pleasonton to get some decent service. My heart has been set on the 07 G35 sport though.

Old 02-04-2007 | 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by bienson
I know. This is worrying me. If both Frontier and Penisula have possibly similar issues/owner. I check the BBB for Frontier and there are 2 instances of issues with Frontier, but I didn't get the exact details. They looked to be resolved/partially resolved. For a micro-second it makes me think, do I want to get a new infiniti, if I have to always drive up to Oakland or Serramonte or Pleasonton to get some decent service. My heart has been set on the 07 G35 sport though.
I was thinking we should start a poll or a thread about issues with Frontier and Peninsula Infiniti and encourage everyone to post their experiences with either dealership so the results can be forward on to Infiniti of USA. I will not use either dealership although if would be nice to be able to use Frontier for convenience.

When I spoke with the owner, I was very pleasant and wanted to convey constructive criticism. When I was in sales and marketing there are some key elements that are related when dealing with customers. 1. making the customer feel confident that you are on their side whenever possible, it should not be an adversarial relationship 2. satisfying the customer (I lost money on a few deals although those clients ended up to be some of my best customers and they sent me more clients). 3. the customer is always right within reason, nothing is always in black and white many times there are gray areas and if you have a good working relationship those gray areas can be resolved. 4. developing trust 5. without customers your dealership would be out of business 6. word of mouth is the best advertising you can get

The owner didn't even care what I had to say. One thing that the Service Manager (Jim) said to me that stood out was that I was not a returning customer. I told him what does that matter? The reason is that I have only 4900 miles on my car and that I bought a Altima at Capital Nissan and Robert (service advisor) told me to bring my G for my 3750 service and he would comp the service for me. Excellent customer service at Capital Nissan. I told Jim this is how you build and grow your service dept. You had a chance to show me what type of service you can provide to keep me as a customer, well as the old saying goes "**** flows down hill", bad service flows down hill. The lack of respect flows down hill from the owner on down.

This owner, this dealership has alot to learn about how to treat customers with repect and dignity.

I for one think that this would make for good reading for Infiniti of USA.

Anyone with issues with either dealership I urge you to post your experience. I would like to see how many of us that are not satisfied with their attitude and service or any other related issues.

Mark

Last edited by mark4x4; 02-04-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-05-2007 | 02:25 AM
I think an ongoing poll tracker for dealership review might be interesting and useful covering purchase review and/or service review. Everyone needs service every once in a while, so it would be continually updated.

Having a quick look at Infiniti site, for Contact Us, http://www.infiniti.com/iapps/contactus, one might have to send a letter or call for any issues.

Infiniti Consumer Affairs
        P.O. Box 685003
        Franklin TN 37068-5003
        8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time / Pacific Time
        Monday through Friday

Old 02-05-2007 | 12:45 PM
        I will say this, when you send a complaint to the corporate side, they jump like you would not believe. If you have an experience that bad with any dealer it is worth sharing with them because they will get all over it. They don't mess around with bad dealers. I've seen this a couple times now and both with a great result, for the customer not the dealer. IMO and all.

Old 02-05-2007 | 04:42 PM
        I 've had a few experiences with Frontier, 2 with Brad and 1 with Abert. First off Brad waited 2 weeks to call me and say you have to wait more for your replacement headunit. Which wasn't too big of deal because I have aftermarket amps and door speakers so i was cool with it, under warranty of course. Still 2 weeks?

The second time I wanted to upgrade my clock to the "thicker" hands and all they ended up doing is replacing both clock bulbs with new ones, same problem exists, thanks.
        And recently my gas door wouldn't open so i took it there and $175 and 1/2 hour later I was outta there. I was on empty, on call-working and had no choice but to get it done there.
        For 5 years I worked at dealerships in the Internet dept, sales & leasing, etc. and have seen good dealerships that care about customer service and several that pretend to care about customer service. Frontier certainly doesn't hold customer service in a very high light. I haven't had a terrible experience with them, but none have been pleasant or easy. Now I just go to Capitol Nissan and let them have my money.
        I do know that if a ton of people have legitimate issues to gripe about, Infiniti Corporate wants to know. And maybe it should be our duty to fill them in on what has been happening.

Old 02-05-2007 | 04:47 PM
        Damn; we need a few more Infiniti dealerships to choose from around here.

Old 02-05-2007 | 05:06 PM
        dealerships are suspicious places to go to. dammit.

Old 02-06-2007 | 03:56 PM
        Well, guess what!

Frontier of Infiniti has not replaced my broken sidemarker for more than a month. I called them and asked about the status and they just said the part was out of stock. WTF, even Riverside & Fairfield Infiniti have it in stock. I asked them why not just ordered one from Riverside Infiniti (because that's where I got them and I received it within 3 days after I ordered). They said that they had to order from their sources. What a bunch of crap!

STAY AWAY!!!

Old 02-09-2007 | 07:13 AM
        I just ordered my 07 Sport sedan from them. Hopefully the sale goes by smoothly. I'll remember not to go there for servicing.

Old 02-09-2007 | 11:38 AM
        I think you'll be alright with sales, they will usually treat you better than service. BTW, I can 't think of a more baren, lame, no-display-having "parts department" than Frontier. They really made a poor decision to present it like it is.

Old 02-09-2007 | 03:05 PM
        If you think their presentation is bad, try the Sacramento one. It's like they put the parts dept in because they had to but did not want to. Kind of like a will call window at the DMV.

Old 02-09-2007 | 04:35 PM
        That's rediculous. At Frontier, if you want a part you have to go up to the cashier, ask for parts, then a parts guy comes strolling out from behind a door, takes your request, walks back behind the door, and eventually comes out with your part. What an awesome way to do things.

Frontier Infiniti: I'm sorry, have you heard of a parts counter? Try it, it may make you thousands of more dollars. Instead, I give up and walk out.

Old 02-09-2007 | 04:37 PM
        At least you can find a cashier there. In Sac you can stand there for ever and all the service guys walk by and no one says anything to you. Last time I was there they told me I had to wait for the parts guy to come back from his lunch or break or whatever he was doing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Grrr Frontier Infiniti