Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

CHP's on 101/280/85

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2007 | 07:39 AM
Just FYI, found a CHP in wait on northbound 280, at the lefthand curve right before the 380 interchange.

Old 02-13-2007 | 09:10 AM
aw man...

I've been taking 280 from SanJo to SF alot recently too. This is gonna be tuff...

Old 02-13-2007 | 10:28 AM
Modded Member
Placing my order for a Lidatek unit today, as I understand my V1 is useless against Lidar.

www.lidatek.com

Old 02-13-2007 | 11:27 AM
|
From what I heard from other forums, with the use of CHP Lidar now, most of the current radar/laser detectors are useless against Lidar. By the time you get an alert on your detector, you've already been busted and pulled over.

You may want to double check this and let us know. We don't want to assume and get a $200.00 ticket to find out later.

Read up on the Lidar.

Last edited by rgtopz; 02-13-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-13-2007 | 11:30 AM
|
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by cloud
Time for a m20 blinker? Would they pull u over if their laser didn't work on you?
They probably would, hoping that you don't check them. However, I don't see why you can't request to see his lidar with your speed on it. You can ask the officer to prove it or go to court. You might **** him/ her off tho.

Old 02-13-2007 | 11:58 AM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by RawFusion
Ya, this is no joke. About three weeks ago there was a group of about 7 CHP each with one car pulled over on westbound 80 near American Canyon. I don't know how they're picking who to pull over but it looks like they just pull over a group of cars at a time. Hell, it was sorta like a group buy for infractions or something.
Yup...that's been a favorite spot for them for years. They like to hang out on top of that American Canyon/Hiddenbrooke overpass and just wait for you.
I always slow down to the majority of other peoples speed there and stay out of the fast lane.
There's always some people there going 80+ and obviously faster than the flow of traffic. CHP love those people and nail them.
Always check my mirrors looking back up the on-ramp after I pass the over-pass to see if they're coming on down to get someone. Luckly it's never been me.
Usually they'll let everyone slide up to 75mph around there.

Old 02-13-2007 | 12:52 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by rgtopz
From what I heard from other forums, with the use of CHP Lidar now, most of the current radar/laser detectors are useless against Lidar. By the time you get an alert on your detector, you've already been busted and pulled over.

You may want to double check this and let us know. We don't want to assume and get a $200.00 ticket to find out later.

Read up on the Lidar.
Radar detectors are useless for Lidar- by the time your radar tells you that you've been hit, they've already clocked you. A laser jammer like the Lidatek unit will jam their signal for 5 seconds, giving you enough time to slow down. It's a gamble as laser jammers are illegal in California.

Old 02-13-2007 | 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Placing my order for a Lidatek unit today, as I understand my V1 is useless against Lidar.

www.lidatek.com
How discreet is this unit once it's installed?

Old 02-13-2007 | 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
How discreet is this unit once it's installed?
check the web site, it looks fairly stealth

Old 02-13-2007 | 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by mackinnr
check the web site, it looks fairly stealth
I looked but it looks like there are displays in the cabin of your car. I just wanted to see if it sticks out like a sore thumb like a radar detector does b/c if you get caught with this, you're fvcked......

Old 02-13-2007 | 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Yup...that's been a favorite spot for them for years. They like to hang out on top of that American Canyon/Hiddenbrooke overpass and just wait for you.
I always slow down to the majority of other peoples speed there and stay out of the fast lane.
There's always some people there going 80+ and obviously faster than the flow of traffic. CHP love those people and nail them.
Always check my mirrors looking back up the on-ramp after I pass the over-pass to see if they're coming on down to get someone. Luckly it's never been me.
Usually they'll let everyone slide up to 75mph around there.
I have also seen the CHP on that dead area between American Canyon and Cordelia on the West bound lanes just standing of the side of the road clocking people with 2-3 officers in there cars.

Old 02-14-2007 | 04:02 AM
Coupe
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Radar detectors are useless for Lidar- by the time your radar tells you that you've been hit, they've already clocked you. A laser jammer like the Lidatek unit will jam their signal for 5 seconds, giving you enough time to slow down. It's a gamble as laser jammers are illegal in California.
more like double or nothing

Old 02-14-2007 | 11:32 AM
I just read an article in the Contra Costa Times that the Pittsburg judge is really starting to crack down on speeders. He said that of all the cases he deals with daily, 43% of it are for speeding and he's getting tired of all the speeders out there. So now he said that if you are caught going 10 mph over the speed limit he's going to automatically suspend your license for 10 days. If you're caught doing 20 mph over, automatic 30 days suspension. CHPs are now watching for speeders on HWY 4 in the Bay Point/Pittsburg area as well. Be very careful out there everyone.

Old 02-14-2007 | 11:54 AM
Wow, they really are trying to change the whole "culture" of bay are driving.

Old 02-14-2007 | 12:40 PM
6MT Coupe
Ummm. hwy 4 between the 80 and 680 too.
Hwy 12 between 80 and Fairfield/Suisun city as well.

Wow...that Judge is cracking down. Fairfield Juvenile Traffic court will deny traffic school if over 12mph posted and Santa Rosa court suspend license 6 months if 20 and over, but will give traffic school up to 15mph over. Unfortunately know this due to my son and his 92 Lude

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CHP's on 101/280/85