Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

From SoCal~! but will be at NorCal in Jan 2008

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SeOuLG35
cool...do you own a shop?
just wondering..anyways, can't wait to see your M3..
how much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking...
Not a shop just yet but we sell parts for Euro/Luxury/Sport/Exotic.
Suspension, wheels, body, exhausts, brakes... We just started not too long ago. There will be an extensive post once we are all setup.

I got a VERY good deal on the M3.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
ouach, at that price u should have gotten a house or a town home bc all that money to rent goes down the drain.
I guess you arent from Bayarea, check out what you could get for that price...two of cheaper one's...

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Californ...lassified&b=41

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Californ...lassified&b=41

Old 06-01-2007, 03:13 PM
+1

$300K and you can buy a place in the ghetto in the bay area... maybe.

Check SF downtown CONDOS - $1,000,000+ just for a 2 bedroom condo with a $600 HOA on top of that.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by G-girl
I have 5 cousins in the Marines!!! I'll tell them you're looking for an old beat up tank to drive around Berkeley.

LOL~~~thanks alot

Old 06-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
Not a shop just yet but we sell parts for Euro/Luxury/Sport/Exotic.
Suspension, wheels, body, exhausts, brakes... We just started not too long ago. There will be an extensive post once we are all setup.

I got a VERY good deal on the M3.
how did you get a good deal???
do you mind helping me out to get one??
please PM me if there is anybody that could help me out to get a Euro BEAST
I'm also planning on doing Euro Delivery..
any sales man that you recommend?

Old 06-02-2007, 12:59 PM
how did you get a good deal???
do you mind helping me out to get one??
please PM me if there is anybody that could help me out to get a Euro BEAST
I'm also planning on doing Euro Delivery..
any sales man that you recommend?
My cousin is an autobroker. I PM'd you his info.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
My cousin is an autobroker. I PM'd you his info.

thanks

Old 06-04-2007, 05:20 PM
anything else I should know guys??

Old 06-10-2007, 10:00 PM
anything else I should know guys??
Be prepared to see a lot of freaks when you go to class. Telegraph Ave. area is full of 'em. By freaks I mean bums and all other sorts of weird people that either talk to themselves and/or ask for money.

I moved up to Berkeley for Cal from down south (Palos Verdes) in Fall of 98 and it was not a pretty transition. 97 Maxima I had was pristine until it came up here. 5 years of street parking, pot holes, sun baking, and morons turned it into a dinged up car that I still loved, but now no longer own.

Was used to seeing the "materialistic" asian crowd of LA and up here got used to see a bunch of ghetto-talking weed heads. Friendlier? Perhaps, but you lose brain cells faster when hanging out with them from all the cigarette and pot smoke. Also, Cal is notorious for having the ugliest girls ever, so be forewarned. 2007-08 will be no exception to that. Your "standards" will drop as time goes by.

Hmmm what else:
Korean food is your best friend in neighboring Oakland. Korean drinking parlors for the underaged are also abundant and bring back fond memories for me. Ranch 99 in Richmond/edge of El Cerrito will be the place to load up on ramen and random snacks. Costco in Richmond will be the place to load up on bulk frozen foods like corndogs, bagel bites, and lean ole' burritos. Target in Albany is pretty new, not sure if the newbies go there or to the one in El Cerrito that's next to the bart station, but it's where you can get some other useful items.

What you should be thankful for, as these things didn't exist 7 years ago:
-El Cerrito Plaza (macaroni grill, barnes & noble, Rubios, Trader Joe's)
-Bay Street, Emeryville (AMC theater, chain food and retail shopping) We used to go to the ghetto UA theater in Emeryville. That place is a dump.
-UCB remodeling, so many new or retrofitted buildings on and around campus that I can't even keep track of.
-Target in Albany
-expanded I-80, 580, 880 junction that used to only be like 3 lanes... not that traffic is much better now, but it was pretty bad before.

If you want to live further away from campus there are options in El Cerrito and Emeryville that a lot of my friends lived at. Some of the wealthier ones rented out apartments at Pacific Park Plaza, an older 30-something story highrise. Prices have skyrocketed in the past 8 years. My brother went to Cal before I, and I moved into his apartment back in 1999, which was a 4 bedroom place for a total of just $1,900 a month ($475 a person). It's at over $3,000 a month now. I advise to make a good friend or two in your first year and find that gem of a deal and jump on it. Sharing housing isn't too bad.

Hmm, hope you come well prepared. I wish I had someone tell me all of this before I had moved up north...

-Visc

Old 06-19-2007, 04:54 PM
thanks alot Visc..
I have couple friends who currently attend UCB right now and I heard few stories about the neighborhood..
sucks that nobody seems to care about the cars though..
I'll hate to have my car and dented cuz of some dumba$$..
probably gonna drive up a brand new Lexus or G35..=/
oh well, I guess I'll just park in my apartment and avoid to go for street parking..
anyways,, thanks alot..

Ken

Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! I'm a Cal Berkeley alum (Class of '03, took an extra year to study broad in Europe). There's already a lot of info here, so just PM me if you have any questions. Berkeley is an AWESOME city. Even to this day, I go back just to visit and EAT EAT EAT. Great weather, great people, lots of hidden gems, rich history, and yes, it can get scary, but that's true with any city. Just keep your eyes open and use some common sense. Despite the Daily Cal reporting crime almost every day (both on and off campus), I've never had any incidents personally (*knock on wood*).

My "Cal" sticker.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:04 PM
nice car and sticker!

Old 07-02-2007, 05:18 PM
I guess street parking at Berkeley area is really bad, huh?
friend of mine told me that his car is dent front and back from all the street parking..that really sucks..

Old 07-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess street parking at Berkeley area is really bad, huh?
friend of mine told me that his car is dent front and back from all the street parking..that really sucks..
I was parked outside my friend's apt once (when I had my Mazda6). It was definitely a spot big enough for one car. I guess I parked forward enough that this old, sh!thole forced its way behind me. I came out at night to find their front plate practically pressed up against my rear bumper. I was so pissed, I wanted to key their car, but I've had bad karma in the past doing that. So I wrote them a fairly f-ed up note and left it on their windshield.

You'll be lucky to even find parking spots, metered or not. Right now it's not so bad because it's the summer, with only Summer Session students.

Very Important: Berkeley will and love to issue multiple tickets on the same day! They're very strict about their 1 or 2hr street parking (where it's reserved for residents with the lettered stickers -- you can only get one if your registration address says "Berkeley"). So they will chalk your tires. If your car is still there the second time around, they will issue you another ticket, and so forth.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:18 PM
^thanks for the heads up~!
I guess I'll just use School Parking Lot and my apartment parking lot when I get up there..