Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

New Clutch Mod . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Since the '07 sedan supposedly have the same MT transmission as the prev gens, will this work for me?
simple answer -- yes!

Old 06-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RedondoG
And I'm taking mine to the drag strip tomorrow to see if I can find a 13.xx
Have fun and be safe.

Does Serramonte (my dealership) turn a blind eye to mods?
If your mods are not the root of a problem, they should have no issues. My mods have not presented themselves to be a problem. However, I have kept my mods to a minimum, as well.

Originally Posted by sfgr415
Guys....

After Andy gave his terrrific review, I decided to go ahead and order the D-Wolf clutch mod. This is by far the most simple mod I have performed on my vehicle yet it provides such great results. I drove my car today through my normal routine which includes hills and I have not had a problem at all. The car drives real nice and the 1-2 shift is perfect, whereas it would be jerky at times. Of course, engagement is much smoother and less of a task.

I would just like to thank uncle Andy for trying out this mod for the rest of the G community. It is also assuring to hear that the Serramonte techs find this mod to be effective and not potentially hazardous to our vehicles. Thanks again Andy.
Right on, Giacomo . . . I am pleased to read that the D-Wolf Kit is working for you.

Since the '07 sedan supposedly have the same MT transmission as the prev gens, will this work for me?
Gary,

Not everyone needs this kit. However, for those whom are experiencing long clutch pedal travel/free play prior to engagement of the clutch, I would highly recommend this. The folks over at My350Z are big on this kit.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Andy,
My first time at the strip.
Temp was 104F, altitude is 1300 Ft.
Best 1/4 mile run was 13.875 sec. @ 105.27 mph

Old 06-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
Gary,

Not everyone needs this kit. However, for those whom are experiencing long clutch pedal travel/free play prior to engagement of the clutch, I would highly recommend this. The folks over at My350Z are big on this kit.
The '07 sedan definitely has long clutch pedal travel. The engagement point is so challenging to find every time that I still stall here and there. In fact, just did this afternoon in Cupertino when the light turned blue. The dad in the minivan behind me was patient enough to not honk. I'm such a noob sometimes.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:15 AM
The '07 sedan definitely has long clutch pedal travel. The engagement point is so challenging to find every time that I still stall here and there. In fact, just did this afternoon in Cupertino when the light turned blue. The dad in the minivan behind me was patient enough to not honk. I'm such a noob sometimes.
Get it!!

Old 07-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Based on what you wrote . . .You will definitely benefit from the D-Wolf Kit. I have received a few pm's from members, whom have had a really positive experience after installing this kit.

Andy,
My first time at the strip.
Temp was 104F, altitude is 1300 Ft.
Best 1/4 mile run was 13.875 sec. @ 105.27 mph
That is an excellent run, Terry. Especially, when you factor in the existing conditions. I wonder how you would do over here at sea level and much cooler weather.

Last edited by Andy2434; 07-01-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:38 AM
ON
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
My original comments on this thread:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=163723&page=5

To help out members, I have created a simple DIY to help remedy the clutch issue.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...09#post2141109

LOL . . . I have been expecting you. What took you so long.
Why have you been expecting him?

It's sad to see a respected moderator like you not help the G35/350Z community save money by posting such a simple DIY, but instead try to promote an item that is overpriced and try to get people to buy it when instead you could have help out the G35/350Z by showing/telling us how this kit works and/or how to make something similar to it.

I've had mine for over 2 years with no ill effects.
What took you so long to decide to share this with everyone else? You had it for two years and you're only decided to share your secret now by marketing it? Sad...just sad.

There are a lot of mods that i don't mind paying for...yours is not one of them. Why, you wonder? Because your mod is simple one that anyone can easily make. If you marketed coilovers, springs, camber arms, turbos, etc, i would not mind paying for them because those are items that not everyone can make on their own at home. You take a simple idea and market it. An idea so simple that rather than sharing it with your fellow G and Z members, you want to make a profit off of it. This just shows other that you are a selfish person. I don't know you, and you might not be a selfish person off the forum, but what you have been doing thus far only makes people on the forums think you are a selfish person. This is my view of you and I'm sure by now a lot of people on here think the same.

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
You people act as if it hurts to pay $45 dollars for a mod im sure most of you wouldn't really bother to create.

I thought we were in a G35 forum, not a beater civic forum

What's $45 dollars for a G owner? 3/4's of a gas tank?

I just don't like the fact that some members here & over at my350z.com are bringing skepticism or doubt into a product that works.

Taking a "risk" on a $45 dollar product might be the smallest risk you'll ever take on a G35 mod.

Not trying to stir anything up here... my post isn't meant to offend you doubters/skeptics.

We are in a G forum. Where have you been?

$45 is a lot of money. $45 is exactly as you said...3/4 tank of gas. It could be a week's worth of lunch, a video game, 2 dvd's or 3 old dvd's, bill payment, etc... We're not all as rich as you. I'm sure most of us (including yourself) worked our @$$ off so that we could get our G, so spending $45 on something that could've cost $5 is wasting money you could've spent on something else. If $45 is not a big issue for you, how about sending $45 to me for MY 3/4 tank of gas?

Originally Posted by g35brother
Just goes to show the capitalistic nature of people. I always thought the purpose of a forum was to assist and relate to other enthusiats.
I totally agree with you on this one.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
Yume . . . You apparently are on a crusades of sorts, aren't you?

Edit: Was I wrong in honoring the seller's request of 'no disclosure'?

Last edited by Andy2434; 07-22-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:34 PM
from what yume mentioned on the other thread about a cheaper alternative DIY solution, it reminded me of when i had to fix my sister's gas pedal engagement problem... her 4runner's throttle was cable actuated so when pushed it seem like an eternity before the car gets going especially when you let go of gas pedal to cruise or at part throttle... my father has a manual sr5 toyota pickup too so i looked at his gas pedal assembly and found that there was a black rubber bushing straddling the throttle cable on the compression side of the pedal... his was good and new (94 pickup in immaculate condition with 70k on the odometer).... sister's 4runner (a 92 of a beater with more than twice the mileage) had a bushing that had cracked and started splitting down one side.... i thought, what the heck gonna fix this without going to the stealership to get overcharged... so i figured i put a small hose clamp (screw compression type) around the cracked side and wholla, problem solved... throttle response is much better (tighter throttle cable and good as oem compression)...

if i had came up with such a mod like "D-wolf's" i would have said here's a mod that's work for me and try it... if you can do it yourself, so be it, if not give me some funds so i could provide the part for you... just don't go trying to make money off the g/z drivers with this idea cause you'll be bashed for doing so....

I'm surprised the creator/discoverer of the DIY oil-catch-can (a more complex mod, more specifically handpicked parts...e.g. fuel hose) idea was shared forum wide with no capitalist nature but this did. Hope this site doesn't go on to become a enthusiast site where you have to buy every little mod from somebody else because they won't disclose a simple idea...

just my rambling...

Old 07-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by FenixL1P

if i had came up with such a mod like "D-wolf's" i would have said here's a mod that's work for me and try it... if you can do it yourself, so be it, if not give me some funds so i could provide the part for you... just don't go trying to make money off the g/z drivers with this idea cause you'll be bashed for doing so....

I'm surprised the creator/discoverer of the DIY oil-catch-can (a more complex mod, more specifically handpicked parts...e.g. fuel hose) idea was shared forum wide with no capitalist nature but this did. Hope this site doesn't go on to become a enthusiast site where you have to buy every little mod from somebody else because they won't disclose a simple idea...

just my rambling...
Kou,

I am not going to mix words with you, here, inside of these NorCal walls. I will get to the point.

I am not quite sure what your point is. Are your comments directed specifically towards me?

First off, to make it crystal clear, with regard to my 'Makeshift Oil Catch Can' DIY . . . I was neither the discoverer nor the creator of the said, as you may have put it.

Secondly, I gave due credit to both Dennis (a.k.a. GEE PASTA) and Dave (a.k.a. DaveO) for their ideas and suggestions from previous posts.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/97390-makeshift-oil-catch-can.html

I felt that the above said mod would benefit many here on these 'Driver boards . . . And as such, I wanted to make sure that it was easily available/made for everyone. I had received numerous PM's from members far and wide to assemble and sell to them the said mod. There were actually 3 members of this very same board whom had made me this offer. However, I declined ALL request and simply asked people to follow the DIY instructions. My personal profit/reward, so to speak, was knowing that I was able to help the community.

Recently, while visiting the MY350Z boards, I found the D-Wolf Clutch Kit. I immediately came back to these 'Driver boards to advise members of such a kit. I personally had a need for such a fix and once again . . . I felt a need to share the news.

After getting the kit and installing it, I was quite pleased with the results. I felt a positive review was in order. Through the years, many members have shared the same complaint that I had with regard to the clutch pedal's long travel prior to the actual engagement of the clutch . . . And as such, I acted accordingly.

Now mind you, upon receiving my kit, an enclosed note asked buyers to please not share the details and/or pics of the said kit. I took no issue with the note and still don't. This kit works perfectly and the seller, because he chose to market his idea via a sponsor, should be able to do as such.

I was one of the first guinea pigs, if you will, to test this new mod. Did you think or expect that I would breach my integrity . . . Because, in my way of thinking, once I installed the mod, I was held to the promise of not divulging the information. Obviously, my personal standards are different than some and that does not make it either right nor wrong.

Someone was eventually going to post up the details of this kit. It wasn't going to be myself. Now's it's FREE and people can stop their BITCHING!

Finally . . . After all of this, some are eluding to the fact that I have performed a disservice to the 'Driver Community. To those of you whom believe I have done as such, I say . . . . "SCREW YOU!"

Old 07-22-2007, 03:01 PM
ON
"SCREW YOU!"
wow...i am shocked...but what can i say? Mods are humans too.

Someone was eventually going to post up the details of this kit. It wasn't going to be myself. Now's it's FREE and people can stop their BITCHING!
I have not posted the details of this "kit", but rather an idea similar to that of this "kit". You could've done the same but you chose not to. Why not just tell people to stack a bunch of quarters or pennies and put it in this and that location? same idea, correct? is it the details of the "kit"? It has been posted in the my350z site to use pennies. (actually that seem like another good method...using quarters...i think i'll do a quick DIY on that later and give credit to the guy over on my350z site for that one...stay tuned).

Old 07-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator
Yume,

Why don't you afford the 'Driver Community the support of becoming a Premier Member? You seem to have the 'Driver Community's best interest in mind. I am sure that these boards proven to be beneficial to you, if not entertaining.

And yes, I am human. I have never portrayed myself as anything less than human.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:24 PM
ON
Originally Posted by FenixL1P

I totally agree with your reasoning FenixL1P. Why not post up a DIY FIRST and if people cannot make or do not want to make this mod, then charge people for it?

My thought is that this is so simple that if he (redondoG) posted up a DIY about it, no one would buy it and he wouldn't make any money out of it.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:32 PM
ON
Yume,

Why don't you afford the 'Driver Community the support of becoming a Premier Member? You seem to have the 'Driver Community's best interest in mind. I am sure that these boards proven to be beneficial to you, if not entertaining.

And yes, I am human. I have never portrayed myself as anything less than human.
cuz i don't need to pay to watch ****. There are other free sites for that.

Tell me Andy...how does me paying money actually help this site up and running. Call me ignorant if you want, but i just wanna know...cuz i really don't know. from all that i've read that if you pay to become premier, all you get is access to the "premier" which i read contains a lot of **** and then access to group buys. Please explain Andy and try to "sell" me the idea of becoming a premier member.

Since money is given away in monthly raffles (about $250 per month), why not shell out a free premier membership to a few non-premier members. That would be a cool idea, don't you think? Anyways, i'm not bashing the premier feature or whatever...just thorwing up ideas into the air.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Yume
cuz i don't need to pay to watch ****. There are other free sites for that.

Tell me Andy...how does me paying money actually help this site up and running. Call me ignorant if you want, but i just wanna know...cuz i really don't know. from all that i've read that if you pay to become premier, all you get is access to the "premier" which i read contains a lot of **** and then access to group buys. Please explain Andy and try to "sell" me the idea of becoming a premier member.

Since money is given away in monthly raffles (about $250 per month), why not shell out a free premier membership to a few non-premier members. That would be a cool idea, don't you think? Anyways, i'm not bashing the premier feature or whatever...just thorwing up ideas into the air.
LMAO . . . As you wish.

Edit: Well, I have already closed the 2 other related threads, as advised. This is pointless, now. Everyone has made their comments . . . And as such, this is headed for the bone yard.

Yume, since you have started to post up info on a fix for the clutch pedal issue. I am sure that it will resolve a long time issue for many. I simply could not break a promise . . . It was as simple as that.

Last edited by Andy2434; 07-22-2007 at 03:47 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Clutch Mod . . .